Dane Cook Banned from his home club, The Laugh Factory

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Humongous, May 14, 2015.

1. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know what you're thinking. It's a virtual laugh FACTORY so when you haven't said anything funny in 20 years, it's time to replace some parts on the assembly line. Turns out though, he's just an enormous ass. From the Daily News:

Stand-up comic Dane Cook has gotten the hook from one of his longtime stomping grounds.

The 43-year-old comedian has been banned from the Hollywood branch of The Laugh Factory for allgedly cursing out a waitress, Entertainment Tonight reported.

Sources told the entertainment show that Cook became even more beligerent when he was confronted over his conduct by the club’s owner. During a heated argument, Cook was allegedly overheard screaming, “I own this place!”

The real owner, however, apparently disagreed, leveling a permanent ban.

The Laugh Factory has been the site of some of Cook’s most successful standup gigs, including his record-setting Jan. 1, 2008, stint when he performed onstage for seven straight hours.

While Cook has been one of the hottest comics on the standup circuit since emerging in the ‘90s, he has been less visible in recent years on the big screen.

Most recently, he’s loaned his voice to Disney’s animated “Planes” films and starred in a Showtime special in 2014.

A rep for Cook could not be reached for comment.

2. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    people who are mean to waiters,maids,the checkout girl at Walmart etc--those are people I don't really like much

3. HorseFanNetwork

HorseFanNetwork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    good. unfunny bastard

4. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    My favorite moment in "Mr. Brooks" was when Dane Cook was brained with a shovel.

5. JRoyle411

JRoyle411 I want to live in a hamburger bun.

Reputations:
    Only tolerable part of his "career".

Mulletude, smichal, ARM and 1 other person like this.
  6. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    I tried watching one of his stand-up specials one time, but decided that it would be more entertaining to turn off the t.v. and stare at a blank screen.

7. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Word on the street is he's a tremendous asshole

8. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    My brother said there is a comedy movie of his with tons of naked starlets, but, meh, Dane Cook.

Mulletude, smichal, ARM and 1 other person like this.
  9. shrinkage

shrinkage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "The Laugh Factory has been the site of some of Cook’s most successful standup gigs, including his record-setting Jan. 1, 2008, stint when he performed onstage for seven straight hours."

Seven hours of this douche? Boston Bomber doesn't even deserve punishment like THAT

10. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just cant think of any possible reason in my life that I would ever feel the need to curse out a waitress....what could she do that warranted that?? not bring Jesus H. Christ himself a drink fast enough?? heaven forbid charge him fo ra drink or food?? when he is hte king of that place lol...what a fucking douche

11. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    never found him funny at all

12. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    I haven't been exposed to his "comedy," but when I see a comic try and pull a Piscapo, I know I needn't bother

[​IMG]

13. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He doesn't drink so he can't even blame it on being soused. Maybe he's got a short fuse because he can feel his career disappearing beneath his feet?

BethsBraneCell and Mulletude like this.
  14. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    right?, I've heard of these 'record setting shows'...dave chappele comes to mind as well. longest stand-up/spoken word thing i went to was rollins, he talked for about 3hrs, it was good but that was my limit.

I've been to multiple 3-4hr ween shows & was never bored. music is different:freebird:

15. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Longest solo stand-up comedy show - Tommy Tiernan sets world record

GALWAY, Ireland -- Comedian Tommy Tiernan has completed 36 hours and 15 minutes of non stop stand up comedy-setting the world record for the Longest solo stand-up comedy show.
    [​IMG]

Photo: Comedian Tommy Tiernan thanks the crowd in Galway after taking the world record for the longest solo stand-up comedy show. Photograph: Michael McLaughlin (enlarge photo)

After the show, he said: 'Towards the end I didn’t think I was going to make it, but there was such good support from the audience. After about 30 hours I was finding it pretty hard to string a sentence together. I’m a bit busted after it all.'

Touching on plenty of controversial topics, Tiernan joked about failed suicide attempts, the Holocaust and getting caught parking his car in disabled-only spaces.

He stood for almost the entire event, eating pasta, fruit, water and high-energy drinks on stage, and being allowed a five-minute break every hour. World Record rules also stated that there needed to be ten people in the audience at any time.

Tommy Tiernan spoke about growing up in Navan in the 1980s, wearing his mother’s velvet trousers, applying too much talcum powder to the groin area, and how as a teenager he was forced to cycle his mother’s “Raleigh shopper” with a basket on the front.

He described how his father reacted the first time he cursed on The Late Late Show (Tiernan’s girlfriend took the angry phone call and said he was in the shower; “Well tell him to wash his f***ing mouth out,” his father replied).

In some of his more risqué material, Tiernan said he was curious about failed suicide attempts: “I committed suicide myself,” he told the audience, “we’re all dead; this is limbo.”

He joked about Israel, which acted “like they had applied for planning permission in the Old Testament and it had just come through now”.
    As he neared Saturday night, the jokes took a turn for the more explicit, Tiernan describing his first sexual experiences and wondering whether it’s “OK to give your own girlfriend [the drug] rohypnol”.

Profits from the event are going to help homeless teenagers in Galway. Before Tommy Tiernan’s attempt, there was no official record for the longest solo stand-up show.

As he prepared for the event, titled Testamental, he admitted he would have to tone down his usual high-energy performance. ‘It will be like the Sex Pistols doing an album of ballads,’ he said. ‘I have to mind my voice. I don’t want to end up sounding like Freddie Starr. I will have to be careful.’

36 fucking hrs!?!...sounds like a maniac, might have to check him out.

his wikipedia page:
    Holocaust remarks
    In September 2009, while attending a pre-performance public question and answer session at Electric Picnic in County Laois, Tiernan responded to a question concerning antisemitism by making remarks about the Holocaust and comments about Jews and the death of Christ while he was interviewed by Olaf Tyaransen,[14] stating "These Jews, these fucking Jew cunts come up to me. Fucking Christ-killing bastards. Fucking six million? I would have got 10 or 12 million out of that. No fucking problem! Fuck them.".[15] He was responding to an audience member who asked if he had ever been accused of antisemitism.[16]

The response of the audience was criticised by Alan Shatter as "disappointing" and also said "I would regard it as particularly sad that people found that sort of outburst in any way amusing"

16. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did he ever get over of being robbed of his money

17. stopthestink

stopthestink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe she was acting like a total cunt. Not out of the realm of possibility for a waitress.

I am not even sure who Dane Cook is so in no way am I making excuses for him.

18. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the boston bomber would be a good name for cook himself. the only reason i would even consider giving him a listen is patreace o'neil was a big fan

shrinkage likes this.
  19. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    dane cook is a genius

20. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    Of himself.

blindbella and skunk anansie like this.