Entertainment Darth Vader is the villain in the new prequel Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Tim, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    The first of their standalone anthology films, Star Wars: Rogue One is hitting theaters this December. Set 34 years before The Force Awakens, it revolves around the group of Rebel Alliance fighters that stole the plans to the original Death Star.

As Star Wars Celebration 2016 draws closer, EW is planning a massive rollout of details on the spinoff. To get things started, they’ve released a magazine cover featuring characters Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones), Cassian Andor (Diego Luna), and droid K-250 (Alan Tudyk). In addition, this marks the first official confirmation that famed villain Darth Vader will return to the big screen in Rogue One. His presence in the film will be a massive selling point, and it’s a safe bet Vader will be shown in the second Rogue One trailer.

The full magazine will reveal...

• New information about Jyn Erso (The Theory of Everything’s Felicity Jones), the outlaw who has clashed with both the Rebellion and the Empire, and now has a chance to clear her ledger of past wrongs by leading a mission for the good guys. It’s also personal – her father, played by Mads Mikkelsen, is a scientist whose knowledge is sought by both sides.
    • Full details of the squad of characters uniting to take on the Empire, played by the most multicultural cast to appear in a Star Wars film yet: Diego Luna, Jiang Wen, Donnie Yen, Riz Ahmed, Forest Whitaker, and Alan Tudyk – as a performance-capture droid. (One of these has been seen before by Star Wars fans.)
    • A look at the skullduggery inside the Imperial ranks, as seen through the eyes of a new villain: Ben Mendelsohn’s ambitious officer, who’s eager to earn the favor of the Emperor – and avoid the wrath of his black-masked enforcer.
    • Candid revelations from the filmmakers about what the current reshoots are adding to the story as the film nears its December release.
    • Finally, confirmation of what fans have hoped ever since the project was announced: Vader is back. We have a run-down of the Sith lord’s first day on set, and what his return means for the larger Star Wars storytelling universe.

[​IMG]

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/22/star-wars-rogue-one-cover

2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Have you ever tasted your own cum

3. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I feel like that guy on the right should be higher up for that perspective to work.

honestmaxx, Diogenes and Pitzarea like this.
  4. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Chick I dated gave me a handjob once I shot a load so big it hit my own face

5. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Gaylord Focker likes this.
  6. Pitzarea

Pitzarea Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The film didn't test well and they had to do extensive reshoots, so that's probably why Vader was included.

7. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    in the 70s i met darth vader in an arena bathroom

8. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Vader has always been in the movie. The executives thought the movie was too violent

honestmaxx, Kilroy and Pitzarea like this.
  9. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    :woot:

:bringit: :munch:

Stretch5000 likes this.
  10. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Wasn't this movie in re-shoots? I'm getting the feeling that this is going to bomb at the box office.

Mike Huntslooce likes this.
  11. FeetToTaste

FeetToTaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I bet it does at least a billion worldwide.

12. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Can't you fix something like that in editing? There must have been more to it if they were willing to go into re-shoots which is usually very expensive.

Pitzarea likes this.
  13. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    It says nowhere if james Earl Jones is playing the iconic voice of Vader. I don't plan on seeing this movie when it comes out (because really we all know what happens anyway...), but I would hate to have a fake Vader voice in a star wars movie

Head Censor likes this.
  14. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    • "Full details of the squad of characters uniting to take on the Empire, played by the most multicultural cast to appear in a Star Wars film yet..."

Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

But I do think viewers are fairly adept at detecting inauthenticity on the big screen, particularly if it appears as though great effort is being expended in the service of any agenda other than making the best movie possible. Whether justified or not, it was a bone of contention with the last installment of the series. And the fact that reporters are ostensibly being encouraged to describe the cast of this prequel in such terms would seem to indicate that atoning for the alleged sins of their fathers, still figures prominently in the minds of the director, producer and Disney executives associated with the project.

As for the casting of the lead, I'd give it a solid, meh. Hopefully the Bugs Bunny teeth can be CGI'ed out in post.

[​IMG]

Certainly not a horrible choice, but neither is she my favorite actress on the planet. For that matter, she's not even close to being my favorite "Felicity" on the planet. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  15. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    The scenes couldn't just be edited out. From what I heard they involved Vader torturing people and the executives were worried the religious right would shit itself if anything edgy was shown in a family film

16. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    They can mimic the voice so easily there are 1,000's of impersonators. Pablo Framcisco now does the movie guy voice and no one even knows the movie guy is dead

17. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not 12 so I don't give a fuck.

honestmaxx likes this.
  18. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Goo four u

19. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You still think Hollywood cares about the "religious right"? Surrreeee...that's why they're putting out an R rated Superman, to name just one example... :rolleyes:

The only religious group that Hollywood worries about offending are the Muslims and that's because they don't want to get blown up

20. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No way this one is a bomb at the box office - every fan will go see it at least once. If it turns out to be a crappy film, it may lead to Disney rethinking their approach to these stand-alone movies in years when they're not releasing the next episode in the series.

Kilroy likes this.