dawgshed Chauncey Interview

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Vincenzo69, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know I criticized in the past but I gotta admit this was a good interview. Granted, mostly because Chauncey is a strong guest whose articulate and has good info. In case you don't know Chauncey was a low level entertainment journalist who used to publish a rag called stepping out that was distributed in bars in New Jersey. He was a regular on Stern for about 15 years and was actually pretty close to Howard and the staff until 2004.

Howard/Chauncey Feud: The Bush Administration was using the SEC to try to censor/intimidate Howard. After Stern announced he was going to Sirius the SEC opened an investigation into alleged insider trading by Stern. Out of the incestigation Chauncey got subpoenaed because on Fox Newd months earlier he speculated a move by stern to sattelite. Chauncey said nothing because he knew nothing and howard had done nothing. Still, howard got wind and went on his show after returning from vacation said he was done with Chauncey and suspected he ratted on him.

Hank the Angry Dwarf- blames Stern for his death. Says stern enabled his drinking and turned him into a drunken clown causing him to drink to death.

Marlon Brando- Chauncey got the story of Brandos death in 2004 before anyone else. He called in to HSS. Gary stated he just checked the Internet and it wasn't true. Howard called Chauncey a bad journalist. 6 hours later Brando's death was announced and Chauncey was vindicated by Howatd but howard never admitted it or apologized to Chauncey.

Chauncey's GF- Chauncey's girl died of a heroin overdose. Howard asked Chauncey to bring her ashes on air to do a bit. He said only if the rehab clinic she went to got free plugs on his show. Gary and Hpward said yes her ashes came on the show and no free plugs plus the girl's family sued HOWARD and Chauncey.

Leila Arcieri - rejected Howard's advances after he gave her a job on Son of The Beach.

Beth - howard made her take the train to her modeling gigs in Glen Rock to prove her loyalty

Post Article about Howard giving the stripper a car - says it's true and if it wasn't howard would have sued the Post or at least got them to redact.

SillyOldMan, Mr Pink and Pooh bear like this.
  2. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    C'mon, the whole Bush administration were out to get Howard was just Howard's spin. If I remember correctly Ralph shot off his mouth on the air that he bought stock in Sirius knowing Howard was going to sign and that is what got Howard in hot water with the SEC. It wasn't that the Bush Administration wanted him to shut up. Do people really believe that the Bush Administration gave two craps about Howard?

EDIT: I think I remembered it wrong, but the whole SEC "investigation" was overblown. The SEC checks these things a lot and most don't come to anything.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  3. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    leila made sexual advances toward howard, he could not complete the deal because he is handicapped by micro phalli... howard has paid hush money to journalist and others to protect his brand

JessOnCrack likes this.
  4. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    BTW, Chauncey is dead on about Hank. They can spin his involvement or lack of involvement in Artie's downward spiral all they want, but Howard fueled Hank's alcoholism and enabled him for the sake of entertainment. He didn't give two craps about Hank. Part of the reason Hank has almost completely been excised from the Stern history.

XXXXX, OV, stash and 1 other person like this.
  5. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:

6. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth - howard made her take the train to her modeling gigs in Glen Rock to prove her loyalty

I actually gained a little bit of respect for Gunky after hearing that. The image of Beth waiting for a bus in 2001 makes me chuckle. :giggle:

JessOnCrack and Ta Ta Toothy like this.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Someone at Team Buchwald/Stern did get in trouble for insider trading.....right?

piledriver123 likes this.
  8. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    that and the "Go have sex with jesus Christ" comment, which isn't very "evolved"

9. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    Posting this bc I helped out a bit on this episode.

*note the audio quality improvements in newer shows.

10. iloveyoubut

iloveyoubut Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Chauncey also revealed there is a room in Scores where you can purchase new underwear. I don't think Stern was fucking these strippers, but getting friction "dances". I even would ejaculate from that.

11. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    He's on this week's show again along with Gary Puppet.

EmperorsNewCaps likes this.
  12. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    wife is a whore likes this.
  13. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thx for the rundown!!

For those interested, here's more detail on the Leila Arcieri debacle.

http://www.dawgshed.com/threads/son...ng-howard-and-his-apt-01.145172/#post-9081098

14. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Either that or he can't get it up

skylarbrie likes this.
  15. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    It's not hard to fuck a stripper in a club. The old Chris Rock song "no sex in the champaign room" yeah if you're ugly and don't know shit.

wife is a whore likes this.
  16. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    He had an Army of gold diggers coming after him after the divorce. One way to filter them out

17. rory

rory Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Leila Arcieri - rejected Howard's advances after he gave her a job on Son of The Beach.[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    You want your dawgshed tee in small or medium, Cenz?

SomerSky likes this.
  19. VanessaChase

VanessaChase Member

Reputations:
    Thank you, thank you.