'Dead' Woman Wakes Up Hours Later

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by DFWTexan1975, Oct 17, 2010.

1. DFWTexan1975

DFWTexan1975 The Saloon News Anchor

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

(NewsCore) - An elderly woman police found "dead" on the bathroom floor of her Maryland home woke up several hours later as an employee from the State Anatomy Board went to collect her remains, The Capital in Annapolis reported Saturday.

The woman, 89-year-old Ruth Shillinglaw Johnson, lay on the floor for three hours while officers notified her family, doctor and the medical examiner of her death.

According to the police report, they noticed an odor "similar to a decomposition smell" in the house on Oct. 1 after being called by a neighbor who had not seen the woman for a few days.

When they found Johnson she was reportedly blue and not breathing. The officers did not check for a pulse because they believed she had been dead for a number of days.

Police learned from her son that Johnson had made arrangements with the State Anatomy Board to donate her body for science -- and it was when the board's employee came to collect her that she woke up.

Johnson was taken to the Baltimore Washington Medical Center for medical treatment and was discharged on Wednesday.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/top/2010/10/16-05/Dead-woman-wakes.html

2. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
  3. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Guest

Reputations:
    What's the big deal?
    This kind of stuff used to happen to me all the time back when I used to drink.
    Except I never shit my pants when I passed out unlike granny there.

4. Jack-A-Roe

Jack-A-Roe Active Member

Reputations:
    I passed out in my kitchen once and my brother thought I died. I was just really drunk and unresponsive.

5. Jack-A-Roe

Jack-A-Roe Active Member

Reputations:
    oh the memories.

6. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Guest

Reputations:
    And the hangovers... and having to apolgize for doing things you only dimly recall. If at all.

7. Jack-A-Roe

Jack-A-Roe Active Member

Reputations:
    fuck apologies :jj:

If I dont remember it it didnt happen.

8. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    This isn't that uncommon. The coroner has been called out to the Stern mansion on several occasions to check for life signs while Howard was doing Beth. Turns out she was only praying for death.

9. DFWTexan1975

DFWTexan1975 The Saloon News Anchor

Reputations:
    :coffee:......:) :jj: