Death Sentence for Looking out Window?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Goods, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    welcome to the future

3. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dont worry it wasn't the LAPD.

4. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's scary.

Here's a video from the same guy's page of police taking people out of their own house at gunpoint. On TV they were saying the police were asking if they could search people's houses.

[video=youtube;2LrbsUVSVl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8[/video]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  5. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That video is some scary shit. That's what would happen if Martial Law was ever declared across America. I know the FBI has to do the search but let's say you return to the house and personal belongings are missing. There is really nothing you could do about it. It would be your word against theirs. Innocent people were marched out of their own home without a search warrant. Could the second bomber be there, possibly. We have really never seen this side of America before. House to house people were ordered to leave with their hands up.

6. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Welcome to Amerika. With all due respect to the families, I don't know which video I found more shocking the bombing or this video. This video really rubbed me the wrong way. It's not the fact that the police are going door to door, but it just feels like a premonition and that is the very scary thing about it.

7. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Well If you object to this you should have Fucking been outraged over the patriot act swindle years ago. In truth the Bill of rights has been codified for decades now. This country IS a police state. Freedom or Tyranny under the guise of "security", you can't have both.

8. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
  9. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    Ironically, given the thread title, the order to stay away from windows and covering them like that makes sense and is totally justified when you have a known armed felon who was already in multiple firefights with cops holed up in a house within a perimeter who could open up on the cops again from behind from any window.

On the other hand, there was no excuse for patting down anybody outside who doesn't remotely match the decription of the shithead they're searching for. They treated that like they didn't already have a specific individual of a known description at large. They're legally entitled to enter every home or dwelling unit and remove people one by one, only because the shithead could still be holding others inside at gunpoint (or with another bomb) and it could conceivably intimidate those taken out into keeping their mouths shut when asked. But once outside, nobody who doesn't match the description can be patted down like that or ordered to put their fucking hands up without any reasonable suspicion that they were knowingly and voluntarily involved in sheltering the shithead or in some other crime. That shit would only be justified if they didn't know the identity and description of the shithead or if someone coming out looked remotely like him. They'll say that everybody coming out could have had a bomb strapped to them by the shithead, but that doesn't really pass the smell test, especially the part about ordering those people to get their hands up at gunpoint. None of that shit changes just because the original crime was particularly terrible or because a cop got killed.

10. Hank Douglas

Hank Douglas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Times like this I really want there to be an afterlife so these modern day nazis, who you KNOW are going around thinking they're doing the world some sort of good, truly suffer to the extent they deserve.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore <insert picture of the prof. from futurama>

11. Art

Art Grandiloquent Bloviator VIP

Reputations:
    I am certain, beyond a reasonable doubt, that if orders hadn't come from higher ups to bring him back alive, the perpetrator would have been murdered (Cornered and Dornered?) in spiteful revenge for the murder of the unfortunate MIT Officer.

12. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Did they give them a round of applause?

seen the video last week.. they treated the people like they were bombers.

get used to this and seeing the army plus tanks rolling down the street... All for your safety of course

Stay scared America. Stay scared

:salute:

13. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Oh and thanks Obama

14. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Let's all move to Canada. :echick:

15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I wonder what happened to those who refused to comply with "the request."
    :bigthink

16. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    So...the warrantless search of people's homes doesn't bug you at all?

I understand what you wrote, that they didn't know where he was, but isn't there some type of limit to which houses they can warrantlessly demand a search? Some type of proximity in relation to the last known whereabouts of the suspect?

Anything? I'm more concerned about that than the random, stop & frisk on the street.

17. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    these aren't warrentless searches, there was an active search for someone who'd killed a cop, threw bombs/fired at cops, and killed innocents with bombs. the guy could have been hiding in any one of these houses. even if the cops go to the door of a house and the occupants say, "no, we're good, he's not here", the cops gotta look through the house any way because he could have their 5 year old kid in the back room with a gun to his head, making the family lie so the cops go away.

i'm not pro-cop, pro-martial law, etc., but look at it from the cops point of view. ANY one looking out a window could be the killer. ANY one behind a door could be the killer. until you're sure the guy isn't in a house, you have to assume he's in the house. not assuming that could get you killed. should the cops politely knock on the doors, politely ask to take a look inside? that'll get their asses blown up.

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Listen, I've been awoken by a bang on my door at 2 am by the fire dept because someone reported smoke and I (gladly) let them in, through my home, to my outside balcony, into my storage unit, and luckily, the situation did not require them to go through every room in my home but for a couple of moments, I was concerned.

19. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm with bucketbuddy here. Those guys were already shooting at the police, anyone in a window could be the guy lining up another shot. If the police were searching my street and wanted to look in my home, by all means, have at er boys. Just don't look too hard at my pile of hard drives. Those are full of "pictures".

Some people are so nuts though, they probably resisted the police and argued with them. During this situation was not the right time, those cops were so on edge given the danger.

20. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    and this is happening in ultra left wing Mass.