Deep inside... Do you think Howard knows he's through?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    With today's show, you just have to wonder. Does Howard realize and accept the fact that his last contract was nothing more than a scam, that his career is over and legacy tarnished, that agt is one last way to grab a couple bucks and possibly revamp his image?

There used to be creative meetings where they'd plan future show content. Those meetings appear to have been replaced with figuring out which tape segment least exposes Howard for a bigot and/or hypocrite.

2. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    At one point Id care enough to think about it.

Now I dont. Im here for the bitches

3. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
  4. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't think Howard sees his career in those terms. I think he's where he wants to be...he's the highest paid "radio" guy out there. So what if his fans now think he's a complete joke? So what if he's become everything he always claimed to hate? The ugly kid's now a multi-millionaire, celebrity darling and the toast of the Hamptons.

It reminds me of some king or emperor who wanted to conquer the lands so bad that it didn't matter that those lands were scorched, barren and full of starving, miserable and angry people. It was never about making the people happy; it was always about being the king. Howard could give a shit about the fans...he's guaranteed four more years of collecting ridiculous amounts of money just for showing up and putting in 8-12 hours of "work" a week...on those rare weeks where he actually has to do a radio show.

I think Howard is a bit of a sociopath.

Read the sign of sociopathy. It's amazing how many that Howard exhibits!

5. GRATEFUL DEAD

GRATEFUL DEAD Active Member

Reputations:
    He knows but he loves getting his ass kissed so if he retires who'll care and kiss his ass then?????????The Bim??????????No.....she'll be filing for divorce to get her $$$$$$$$$$$$$ from poor stupid Howie..............

6. GRATEFUL DEAD

Reputations:
    Man should have quit and gone away.................

7. GRATEFUL DEAD

Reputations:
    Now he's a huge joke to those who used to care about him and the show.............

8. GRATEFUL DEAD

Reputations:
    Dumbass....................

9. Feltspot

Feltspot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It started the day he got all those tapes! That day.

10. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Dead on

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt*
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.*

11. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I think Howard knows that his influence is dwindling, his fans are turning on him, even his staff has started to lose interest and respect for him. Witness the way Fred no longer participates in the show or the snicker with which the staff delivers support for Howard on the wrap-up show. People have left for other jobs, or are actively looking. He is trying to reinvent himself because he knows his radio career will soon be over and he wants some easy money and entry into Hollywood society. What a can of worms! You can tell from the pictures that his co-hosts aren't thrilled with him, despite the many protests. The work involves travel and long days. Howard has never worked that many consecutive hours. I bet he was envisioning Beth as a major fixture and that was why they had to make the rule that 'no spouses' could be there.

You can bet that behind this is some financial stress. Howard may not be as rich as everyone thinks. He has a lot of expenses supporting his life, which is why he and Beth had that fight. All she did was shrink some stupid shirt and he yelled at her, "Maybe I should go and get another job" or some such shit. Why be so upset about a stupid shirt, unless he is feeling financial stress.

12. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why? , he is cashing in more now than he has ever before.

13. Mutt Sucks

Mutt Sucks New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  14. pylod

pylod Member

Reputations:
    God forbid!
    We would not be here if he had done that.

15. setai

setai Member

Reputations:
    creatively he has to have felt burnt out many years ago. I recently heard a Ron Bennington unmasked interview with Louis ck, and he said he quit the Conan show because doing 5 nights a week was tough and felt like a real job. This from a guy who is FUNNY. and had a team of creme of the crop writers and tv people to collaberate with.
    If he could get burnt out at 26, then Howard with his complete lack of humor, untalented backwater radio staff, no Jackie the jokeman, must have known he was coasting on his fans fumes for 20 years now. Artie propped him up till the weight got too much for him. He just has too much greed to quit with dignity , when he could use his buddy Karmizan to pull off the heist of the sirius stockholders to the tune of a billion, for the price of 2 days a week of dross he doesn't even have to create, just show up for.

16. Dusco

Dusco New Member

Reputations:
    I think Howard still feels hes the most powerful man in media.

17. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    maybe when the agt reviews start coming in, he'll reassess but i doubt it

somehow in his mind he has convinced himself that all the comedy of the show emanated from him and not the comedians around him -- he doesnt have a clue what's funny anymore

18. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    through with what? Didn't he just sign on to a network show?

19. bwiddy

bwiddy Member

Reputations:
    I don't think he really wanted to come back (even for 2 days a week, and it shows with the effort he gives now), but he has a whole staff of people that were not ready to transition to whatever jobs they will have next and he felt bad about all of them not having jobs, so he resigned with the hope that they will not make the same mistake after this contract

20. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:

Don't be fooled, they were not on his mind. He re-signed because of the lawsuit.