DeMarco Murray to sign with Eagles

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MrPACS, Mar 12, 2015.

1. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope he blows out both knees and get's beat up in a South Philly McDonalds.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12468196/demarco-murray-sign-philadelphia-eagles

DeMarco Murray Expected To Sign With Eagles
    Adam Schefter and Tim Hasselbeck break down how DeMarco Murray can help the Eagles and what his expected signing would do to Ryan Mathews.

DeMarco Murray, the NFL's leading rusher in 2014 for the Dallas Cowboys, is jumping ship and joining the NFC East rival Philadelphia Eagles.

From One Beast To Another
    [​IMG]Now that the Eagles have landed DeMarco Murray (right), they'll be replacing the NFL's leading rusher in 2013 (LeSean McCoy) with 2014's leading rusher.

Last 2 RBs to Lead NFL in Rushing
    McCoy, '13Murray, '14
    Rush314392
    Rush yds1,6071,845
    Yds per rush5.14.7
    Rush TDs913
    "It was never about the money in any situation," Murray texted ESPN.com's Todd Archer. "If it was the money, I could've taken that a long time ago on a very high deal. It's about winning a Super Bowl and being fair."

Murray is expected to sign a five-year, $42 million deal, including $21 million guaranteed, with the Eagles, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Of the $21 million, $18 million is guaranteed for skill and injury.

If Murray's deal goes through, it could complicate the future for former San Diego Chargers running back Ryan Mathews, who on Wednesday reached agreement with the Eagles on a three-year, $11.5 million deal, including $5 million guaranteed.

Asked whether Mathews will sign the deal he agreed to with the Eagles, a source told Schefter, "We shall see."

Murray flew to Philadelphia in the morning to meet with Eagles officials. In the ensuing hours, the Cowboys began calling around looking for other running backs, Schefter's sources said.

More from ESPN.com
    Nathan Jahnke of Pro Football Focus grades the Eagles for their acquisition of former Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray. Story [​IMG]

Sources told Archer that there was a significant difference in the guaranteed money offered to Murray by the Cowboys and the Eagles.

Murray personally reached out to Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly on Wednesday morning, expressing his desire to play in Kelly's spread offense and with former Oklahoma roommate and quarterback Sam Bradford, league and team sources told Mortensen.

Murray's call was enough to jump-start tepid interest from the Eagles. Kelly has made it publicly and privately clear the team will be financially prudent in their personnel decisions. Kelly did not go to Oregon's pro day Thursday, opting to remain in Philadelphia to meet and greet Murray.

Aside from the contract, the Eagles are the most appealing to Murray because of his belief in their chance to win.

The Herd with Colin Cowherd
    ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter breaks news of DeMarco Murray's expected signing with the Philadelphia Eagles. He also shares why the Dallas Cowboys let him walk and what the ramifications will be for the free agent running back market.

More Podcasts ยป

During his discussion with Kelly, a source said Murray characterized Bradford, who was acquired by the Eagles from the Rams on Tuesday, as one of his best friends. Both operated successfully out of Oklahoma's spread offense when they were teammates from 2007 through 2009. Murray also played the 2010 season at Oklahoma after Bradford moved on to the NFL.

"Absolutely. I've been trying my hardest," Bradford said Wednesday of trying to recruit Murray. "I've called him. I've texted him. I've done everything. We've been in communication. If we can somehow land him, it would be a great pickup. Not only is he a great player, he's a great person. He's a really close friend of mine, too. I think he can really help this ball club."

Of course, Murray just won the rushing title in 2014 for Dallas, running behind one of the best offensive lines in the league.

Information from ESPN.com's Phil Sheridan was used in this report.

2. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    What instrument does he play? I love "Hotel California" and "Witchy Woman".

4. Halftree

Halftree Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Cmon. Either Chip is a genius or this is a disaster in Philly.
    Lots if RBs available. Line stays healthy and they should be able to plug a dude in for another 1000 yards.
    Philly had a shit D and an avg O line. None of that has been addressed. Oh. And the QB is coming off a second ACL tear.
    Murray won't see 400 touches this season but he has never been a fan of conditioning. Gonna be great watching The Shit Chip Show this year.

puncher likes this.
  5. GaryPuppet

Reputations:
    So whos the starting QB for Philly?

Sanchez or Bradford?

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

MrPACS likes this.
  7. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
  8. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Murray and Mathews, that's a big investment in running backs.

MrPACS likes this.
  9. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    With no QB in Philly, they are going to crowd the line of Murray.

MrPACS likes this.
  10. GaryPuppet

Reputations:

This is Matt Barkley's year.

11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    you might squeeze 10 starts/season out of both of them combined

BethSucks likes this.
  12. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    HA I forgot about him. They are really out of luck with QB's. Why the hell they signed Sanchez to that money is beyond me. The guy is below average. Only tough game he wone last year was against Dallas but that won with a running and FG game.

13. puncher

puncher VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I think Murray was a product of that Dallas offensive line. I am sure the guy is a good running back, but he had injury issues in Dallas except for last year. Chip Kelly will learn that most good running backs are made to look pretty average if they have an average offensive line.

MrPACS, BethSucks, LaserT and 2 others like this.
  14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    yup

see ......Ray who?
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11467/justin-forsett

15. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    It think this was going to be Mathews press shot this year if the Chargers had kept him.

[​IMG]

16. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Prime example of a first time NFL coach thinking he is smarter than all the rest.

ala: Butch Davis Josh McDaniels etc etc....

Philly will crash and burn this year.

17. Hankjones

Hankjones Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wait until he sends Bradford, Mathews and draft picks to the jets for the right to draft mariota

DuckDong likes this.
  18. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    Don't panic - Iggles need these running backs and can do without a strong throwing QB because they will be running the single wing (ironic since an eagle needs two wings to fly)

Unknown-1.jpeg

Halftree likes this.
  19. Halftree

Halftree Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Supposedly...Chip needs this stockpile as he demands such conditioning from his players...calling so many plays with a punishing style so the Defenses cannot keep up. A style of continuing to replenish players and present a juggernaut of fresh legs. Sproles. Matthews. Murray. All get 20 carries 5 passes every game.
    Cept this is the Pros. For money. And a 52 man roster. Not college where they mostly don't get paid, have 90 guys on the roster and Chip is not King Fuck of Shit Mountain.
    It's gonna be a disaster.

DuckDong and Beffquus like this.
  20. Quedee

Quedee Wise Ass Extraordinaire

Reputations:
    This can't be true since Demarco Murray is black. Didn't Steven A Smith imply that Chip Kelly is racist?