Denver student protesters cheered when car struck bike cops...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Dec 5, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

Published December 05, 2014

[​IMG]

Dec. 3, 2014: East High School students in Denver participate in a protest against the Ferguson, Missouri grand jury decision, in a busy intersection in front of the state Capitol (AP)

Denver high School students in Colorado reacted in disrespectful ways when four bicycle officers were struck by an automobile at the end of Wednesday’s protests, the Denver Police Protective Association said.

Officer John Adsit underwent six hours of surgery Thursday for his injuries sustained in the accident. He is in critical, but stable condition.

The Denver Post reports students chanted, “Hit him again,” after the officer was struck.

The students were mainly marching in support of people protesting the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, who was killed by officer Darren Wilson in Ferguson, Mo. Wilson was not indicted on any charges by a Ferguson grand jury last week.

Students were heard chanting and cheering after the officers were hit. Teachers looked on and did not intervene while the students chanted, Fox31 Denver reports.

“The Denver Police Protective Association has learned that immediately after the horrible accident yesterday injuring four Denver Police Officers, several parties in the protesting group cheered and chanted “hit him again.” These actions are not only reprehensible but quite possibly the most disturbing thing this Association has ever heard,” a statement released by the police officers’ union Thursday night said.

“This group of high school students not only broke DPS rules by leaving school without authorization, but broke laws of the City and County of Denver and State of Colorado regarding traffic regulations and the right to assemble with a permit. The DPPA recognizes citizens’ rights to assemble lawfully. This, however, was not a lawful assembly, which ultimately cost four Denver Police Officers a trip to the hospital. One of which is in critical condition,” the statement continued.

“We have no knowledge of the alleged comments,” the Denver Public Schools said in a statement. “We would deplore any such comments and will look into the allegation, and would welcome any evidence that would assist us in an investigation. All afternoon yesterday and all day today, students at East expressed their deep concern for Officer Adsit and his family and their appreciation for the police assistance in ensuring student safety during the march.”

In a statement of its own, the Denver Police said it could not confirm the claims made by the union that students cheered when the officers were struck.

Denver Public Schools said they have no plan to stop the protests after the second day of massive student walk outs from high schools in the area.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Isn't this where pot was legalized?

DarkFriday, broccoli rob and reno like this.
  3. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    In all fairness

these are teens

when we were teens a buddy got clipped by a car and tossed up in the air about 5 feet and landed about ten feet back

he broke his leg pretty badly
    we all saw it and laughed pretty hard

we probably all smoke too much weed back then

4. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    This is America in 2014, you protest in support of the felon and thug. And cheer for injury to the police...:facepalm:

5. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this is getting really gay. go home white people

Lola, chapped and Rescued Owl like this.
  6. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    from that high quality computer generated clip it's pretty clear that driver was higher than fuck

jersery likes this.
  7. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    They wished death on a cop on a bicycle. Wow, they're tough guys. If they were hit by a car, they would complain if the police didn't show up fast enough.

8. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sickening.

9. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Follow up to the store, it was students cheering. It was adults that showed up to the march later. Don't know which is worse.

10. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was not students.

11. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, but nothing to do with the crash.

12. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Fuck 'em. Who cares? It's kids and they do dumb shit.

On a related note police work is rapidly changing because of recent events and I'm not so sure the general public is going to like what they are asking for. :jj:

Dirty South likes this.
  13. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How will,it change?

14. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I can only speak for where I work but I'd imagine it's similar elsewhere. Our new policies are essentially making it not worth the effort and potential liability to arrest anyone that does anything but a 100% surrender. It makes my job easier but I think it is a detriment to society as a whole.

Maybe it won't be as dramatic of a shift as I expect but it's heading in a direction that I'm not confortable with as a taxpayer.

Dirty South likes this.
  15. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't get the feeling in a lot of areas of society that the police are all evil. Yes, there are some bad cops, but whenever there is a case like Ferguson, people automatically believe the cop is in the wrong even when the facts either say otherwise or (as in the Ferguson case) the facts are not clear or conflicting of who was in the wrong.

Lemmy likes this.
  16. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    protesters seem to fall into one of two categories
    1) white skulls full of mush who have had their head filled with liberal "I hate my self because Im white" bullshit at school for the last 12-15 years
    2) dumb as mules welfare reggies
    and oh yeah, gays

Stag, JustLurking and Dirty South like this.
  17. Dick Nipaolo

Dick Nipaolo Inconsequential human

Reputations:
    4 cops?? Son of a bitch.. The guy had to be toasted!!

18. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  19. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  20. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Im told by some dinosaurs the job has dramatically changed since my tenure. And we thought it was bad then with the advent of community policing. The murder rate in the late 80s, early/middle 90s was 800-900 per yr. They told us to "take back" the street corners. Done. Then it was the Nicholson speech IRL, they enjoyed the relative calm but didnt appreciate or understand how it was accomplished...:grad:

Lemmy likes this.