Two teen boys die after drinking cocktail of Mountain Dew and racing fuel called 'DewShine' Two teen boys in rural Tennessee died this past week after allegedly drinking a cocktail of Mountain Dew and racing fuel known as 'DewShine'. Logan Stephenson, a 16-year-old student at Greenbriar High School, was found dead in his bed the morning of January 21. Just minutes later, paramedics were called to Stephenson's best friend J.D. Byram's house, when the boy started having seizures. 'They noticed the color of his skin had changed and he started having a seizure. His hands started drawing up,' Greenbrier Police Chief K.D. Smith told WZTV. Byram, a student at the same high school, died Monday night at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Scroll down for video http://i.***************/i/pix/2016/01/27/15/30A1D20A00000578-3419315-image-a-35_1453909483772.jpg +6 http://i.***************/i/pix/2016/01/27/15/30A1D20600000578-3419315-image-m-34_1453909479950.jpg +6 Too young: Logan Stephenson, 16 (left), and his best friend J.D. Byram (right) died in the past week after ingesting a cocktail of Mountain Dew and racing fuel After his hospitalization, two other boys came forward to authorities, admitting that the four of them had made a cocktail out of the Mountain Dew soda drink and racing fuel. The lethal cocktail is known as 'DewShine' but is not the same as DEWshine, an non-alcoholic beverage made by PepsiCo. The two other teens were evaluated at the hospital and then released. It's unclear when the group consumed the beverage. An investigation into Byram and Stephenson's death is ongoing and final autopsy and toxicology reports will take several weeks to determine the exact cause of death. Local police are concerned that teens may be drinking DewShine as an alternative to alcohol, which they are barred from purchasing. Racing fuel costs about $7.50 a gallon and when mixed with Mountain Dew, it's still much more potent than regular hard alcohol. http://i.***************/i/pix/2016/01/27/15/30A1C46C00000578-3419315-image-m-42_1453909590494.jpg +6 Tribute: Above, a makeshift memorial set up in the parking lot of the teens' school - Greenbriar High School http://i.***************/i/pix/2016/01/27/15/30A228EE00000578-3419315-image-m-39_1453909514251.jpg +6 http://i.***************/i/pix/2016/01/27/15/30A2290500000578-3419315-image-a-40_1453909518747.jpg +6 Lethal: Police are worried that teens may be taking the cocktail of Mountain Dew and racing fuel nicknamed 'DewShine' without knowing the potentially deadly consequences 'We have certainly seen methanol infections, but nothing like this. I mean, this was a product that was almost 100 percent methanol, which is quite unusual,' Dr Donna Seger, the director of the Tennessee Poison Center, told WKRN. Dr Seger says drinking DewShine can make one intoxicated, just like alcohol, but that it can have far more damning effects ranging from nausea to coma and then death. Following the boys' deaths, a memorial was set up at their high school, where a vigil was held Tuesday night. As the investigation is ongoing, the Greenbriar Police Department are asking anyone with information on the incident to call 615-643-4467. +6 In memory: Funeral services were held for Logan Stephenson on Tuesday in Greenbriar. Above, the scene outside the church 'You will not be in trouble with law enforcement if you were present at this gathering,' police said. 'Our goal is to ensure the safety of our citizens and get medical help for those who may need it.' Funeral services were held Tuesday for Logan Stephenson. He is survived by his parents, stepmother, stepfather, two grandparents and six brothers and sisters, according to his obituary. Stephenson's family is also collecting funds in his memory, via a GoFundMe page, which they are speaking with the school on how best to distribute. 'The family will be meeting with the school to discuss how to disburse these funds,' the obituary reads. 'Their desire is that it will be used to educate children of the many dangers which they face which parents are not aware of and therefore not able to warn them.' The director of the Robertson County Schools also released a statement, saying 'our heartfelt sympathies go out to the parents and family members of these young men'. 'I think we will make the special effort to inform students of the dangers related to the deaths of these boys,' director Mike Davis said. 'We need to be reminding kids to make good choices.'