Dexter Gone Forever?? -Spoilers-

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Sep 22, 2013.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Was I the only one that thought the finale was as lame as shit? :facepalm:

Are we to believe that Dexter drove his boat into a hurricane that destroyed his boat yet he managed to swim miles back to land and relocate without a problem?

Deb. disappears from the hospital and no one misses her?

And now a psycho murderer woman is now a loving mother because the kids says he loves her?

Are we to expect a new Dexter movie or show somewhere down the line, now that we know he alive?

2. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    Though I was confined to J.F.K. last Thursday, it was the first time in my life that I laid eyes on the N.Y. skyline.

As we were flying right down the middle of Long Island from the north east to land, I was amazed at the long stretch of beach between the ocean and the inner body of water. It looks like some areas were only about a few blocks wide between the water.

Then about 10 minutes before we landed, I saw some huge ass castle looking estates not too far away from some working class looking houses. I don't know the lay of the land, so I wasn't sure if that was the Hamptons??

I do regret that I was never able to see the twin towers, I've been to the top of the Sears tower in Chicago, but until this week I had never been anywhere near the tri-state area

3. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It was exactly the wrong way to go:

I don't have a problem with Deb dying, but it was completely unnecessary.

The whole ending with Dex just staring out a window in a desolate logging town was equally unnecessary.

It would have made so much more sense if he was with Harrison and Hanna and Deb was still at Miami metro. Either they could have found out Dex was a serial killer or not, but to end on such a bleak and pathetic mood was a massive letdown. The character deserved more. Either alive and finally happy or dead in a blaze of glory - not ending with such a whimper.

4. Zyro

Zyro Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not really satisfied with the ending. It's fine that Dexter feels that his son would be better off without him, but he leaves Harrison with Hanna? How is that better for Harrison?

5. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was hoping for a lumberjack ending and I was not disappointed.

6. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Showtime just proved that they will never come close to HBO or AMC. They should just give it up already. That was one of the lamest endings I've ever seen. Brutally douche chilling. Ruined the entire series just like LOST.

I'll probably never watch an episode of Dexter again. That's how bad it was. The show is basically dead to me. What a promising series it was during the first season. I can't believe how badly it turned out.

7. cia212

Reputations:
    When do you think it first went downhill - not completely jumped, but started in the shark's direction?

8. Dan

Dan Do you like my car?

Reputations:
    Hilarious. I kept hearing Monty Python "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok!"

9. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    could of killed off Deb 5 episodes ago and Quinn vs Dexter like they were teasing seasons ago, the fans wanted Dexter to get caught instead we get MCH with a beard who gives a shit, shit ending should of had ended a season after Trinity

10. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Wah, you spoiled it for me!

J/k, I don't really care about spoilers.

This season, IMO, has been dogshit. It's not surprising they ended on shit. They started and proceeded with shit.

Might as well be consistent.

As for ruining the show, I dunno. The only show I've had ruined was Reno 911 when they did that HORRIBLE movie.

11. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    The show died when they had Lydia, Dexter's girlfriend, kill Doakes. It absolved Dexter of any moral blame for Doakes' death. And allowed Dexter to escape yet another impossible situation. And to make Dexter seem even more like a hero....he revenge kills Lydia to avenge Doakes....the guy who wanted to arrest and execute him.

Season two should have had Dexter kill Doakes outright. A brutal torture and murder. Make the audience hate Dexter. Then have the entire department constantly be paranoid around Dexter knowing he was likely the one who killed Doakes (or made him disappear). Then you have guys like Quinn and LaGuerta going hard after Dexter.

But after season two the show was a joke. Even season four is ridiculous if you take a step back and objectively look at the plot. The Trinity killer was a neat idea but re-watching that season reveals too many flaws. And Rita's death doesn't work in the show's timeline. No way for Trinity to kill her unless he can teleport.

12. cia212

Reputations:
    I agree that they made Dex too likable...for a serial killer. He became a little like Judge Dredd or a Batman who kills. There wasn't as much horror at the reality of his kill-rooms. I don't think he needed to torture Doakes, just been more directly responsible for his death.

I think Doakes should have died a few seasons later - he was an awesome character!

And the entire series was full of plot holes - remember when they had the BHB's bodies and Dex sabotaged the air conditioning? Not a single camera or guard anywhere. Tragically lame.

13. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;5zey8567bcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg[/video]

14. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was hoping that it would have ended where Dexter runs off with Harrison (w or w/o Hannah doesn't matter). And the very last scene would have been Harrison playing by himself in the back yard with a rabbit or a squirrel or field mouse. And then Harrison breaks the animal's neck. Fade to black.

15. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    The endings of Weeds and especially, The Big C, were done well IMHO. Dexter was just a fucking mess. I knew that they wouldn't kill him off or let him get busted (like he should've), as no one was on Dexter's ass this season (like Doakes or LaGuerta - or even Matthews).

The best part this season, by far, was seeing Jamie naked (finally!) :hump:

I kept thinking that Hannah would turn on Dex, kill or run away from him, or maybe even poison Harrison, but they had her transform into Donna Reed! :facepalm:

BTW, that Mountie dude in the first row, to the far right in the MP Lumberjack video has ALWAYS creeped me out!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  16. Used and Abused

Used and Abused New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Holy fuck....that would have been amazing.

17. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Airport Security never goes over the footage of who alerted about the supisious bag
    He would never have been let around the killer to kill him
    Ya cant just unplug someone in the hospital, there is no button, and the entire staff would come running in 10 sec after her vitals drop (why didnt they just cut the power, theres a big fucking storm, power goes out, no life support, deb dies).
    Ya SURE AS FUCK cant pull your boat up to a hospital, and be able to push a body out the front door and load her into your boat...

SO FUCKING STUPID.

18. GFY

GFY Member

Reputations:
    I don't think there was any ending that could have saved this shit pile of a season. Very disappointing. There is so much they could have done for a final season.

19. Zyro

Zyro Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That type of ending is how I thought it would end.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  20. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Who here wants to be my friend and give me some Cliff's Notes on what's happened since I last tuned in? I do believe the last ep I saw was a cliffhanger where Deb walks in on Dexter killing Tom Hanks' kid.