dhs check point refusal

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by skylarbrie, Jan 5, 2015.

1. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

x76 likes this.
  2. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As a Canadian I am not familiar with this checkpoint stuff, it's my understanding that they do it to catch illegal mexicans that managed to slip across the border and are setup further away from the border lines, are these checkpoints legal though? or are they just kind of optional and the cops just intimidate you into complying? Do you have the right to just out right refuse like this guy in the video or could they arrest him?

3. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I'm only 42 seconds in, but what a fucking asshole this kid is

Shadoe Stevens likes this.
  4. FishySausage

Reputations:
    What the fuck do these assholes want? A border with no officers that just allow people from any border country to just pass through without any issues?

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 likes this.
  5. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think the point they are trying to make is that they aren't at the border, they are already in America, in one of the clips they are 50 miles from the border.

Fawkesguy and JameGumb like this.
  6. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Problem is these checkpoints are hundreds of miles in land. Instead of being near the border where they should be.

x76 and Shortwave98 like this.
  7. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well the mouth breathing retards manning the borders are being owned that asshole kid.

:hhh:

Fawkesguy and chapped like this.
  8. FishySausage

Reputations:
    Oh I see. Then I guess I can see this jerks point. Still seems like he's being an ass. All you have to do is say you're american. Could have saved himself 10 minutes.
    I get standing up to tyranny and blah blah blah, but c'mon

Shadoe Stevens and JameGumb like this.
  9. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

havn't seen the video but is it a boarder checkpoint or one of those founds 100 miles from Mexico..?

the ones found far away from Mexico are a total waist of my tax money.... how about taking that waist of money and those agents and putting them on the boarder where they can stop illegals...??

i know novel idea

10. FishySausage

Reputations:
    Yeah, but so? Is he some kind of douchebag-Rosa Parks?

11. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...the boarder into canada is unmarked and theres no option to turn around before you know youre at the boarder. its like a man trap and a pita to cross in either direction without a passport.

12. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

the kid maybe an asshole but he is well within his rights to do what he did....

don't get why so many Americans are so willing to let the government fuck their rights away

R.P. McMurphy likes this.
  13. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    at least the agents or officers handled the situation like professionals and adults

so that's something nice

my bestest ever is the fat cop who called the dude a chicken shit motherfucker as his partner pushed him back---that dude did not act proper like

14. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    I might be young but one of the biggest "talking points" during the cold war was the restriction of travel, even for people visiting neighboring satellite republics, and people still like the think the freedom of movement is written in the constitution

15. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No just an American citizen that knows his rights and would back down a unconstitutional stop & search.
    :salute:

Fawkesguy likes this.
  16. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i think it would have been real easy for any one of those cops to arrest him, have his vehicle towed, and made to post bail for resisting a lawful command. the cop said he was impeeding him doing his job, thats like a one box checks all excuse.

Reggae Mistress likes this.
  17. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm the kind of guy who likes the idea of sticking up for our rights, but this fucking kid pisses me off. If only he didn't get so snarky I wouldn't have wanted to see him get a smack in the face from one of these officers.

18. FishySausage

Reputations:
    I'm honestly turned around on the issue. I thought the stop was AT the boarder. Knowing its a 100 miles in does feel Stalin-esque. Good for this guy!
    Don't know that I'd act the same in the same situation (id rather just get on with my day) but I do applaud his fight for American liberties

Fawkesguy likes this.
  19. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's ironic that US citizens get harassed at these checkpoints well within the country while the terrorists who allegedly hate us for our freedom can easily cross the border.

reno, R.P. McMurphy and Fawkesguy like this.
  20. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...the problem is if you answer the question, are you an american citizen then it opens up the prove it to me gate. license registration, anything in the trunk? you dont mind if i take a look? a compound question that shouldnt be answered but challenged. after 9-11 even the cable guy was on high alert looking to see if any of his customers were "suspicious". the whole revamp of the constitution after 9-11 is the cause of this and its bullshit. i can actually remember times that were much freer and better than now. billions and billions of dollars into defense and a ragtag army like al queda or isis threaten our security? just doesnt sound right. like the defense budget homeland security and tsa security is just another welfare program where the recipients wear white hats. its all a fucking game and we pay for it, we fund it from defense missiles to the fat fuck supervisor that wants you to pull over in lane 2.