Did 'AGT' Orchestrate Judge Mel B's Booing?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://realitytv.about.com/b/2013/03/07/did-agt-orchestrate-judge-mel-bs-booing.htm

[​IMG]

This week America's Got Talent unveiled its new four-person judges panel in New Orleans for Season Eight Auditions.

The new judges, Project Runway host Heidi Klum and Style Network Mel B: It's a Scary World star Melanie Brown haven't exactly been showered with love.

Instead they've been criticized and apparently, even booed.

TMZ reported that at the New Orleans auditions, a popular local brass band played, only to have Brown retort that she didn't like their style of music; which allegedly pushed the crowd to respond with jeers, shouting things like, "Go home!"

Of course we should take these reports with a grain of salt. After all, former America's Got Talent contestants have previously accused producers of orchestrating every detail of the show, including whether the audience applauds or boos an audition performance.

So it is entirely possible that producers encouraged the audience to heckle the new judge.

Why? Well, last season saw AGT's ratings drop by more than 30% despite the recruitment of shock-jock Howard Stern, and the dismal Season Seven caused some of us to wonder if America had run out of talent.

So maybe the producers decided to create some additional drama or just generate news coverage for their fading franchise. (If it was the latter, they certainly succeed.)

America's Got Talent returns for an eighth season this summer; maybe then we'll see whether the investment in two new judges has paid off or whether it will be as disappointing as the return on their $20 million paycheck to Stern.

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/AboutRealityTV

2. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    no

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  4. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She was clandestinely booed.

5. Bob Mitchum

Bob Mitchum New Member

Reputations:
    Stern, Howie, a faded supermodel, and a spice girl? They expect people to watch this?

6. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Scary is being groomed to play villain thus allowing Howard to play the hero. All the children sing!.....We don't need another hero.

7. Teeney

Teeney My friends call me Lissette Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG] I think Tina and Howard may shop at the same wig shop.

8. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    A gi gi gi SHOWWW!

9. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Would you think less of me if I jacked off to the pictures of the journalist that wrote the article? Ugly fat chicks give me a boner.

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  11. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    When NBC hired Howard, they imagined the out of control Howard from the WNBC days. What they got was an irrelevant old Jew woman trying to suck-up and act like a brown nosed showbiz insider for the benefit of his semi-retarded gold digging wife. Now they actually believe that hiring a 4th. rate singer from one of the worst manufactured bubble gum groups will bring that off the cuff fire they thought they paid 20 million dollars for? This season will go down in flames even before the first show airs. :facepalm:

12. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I was reading somewhere that Scary is supposed to get the British X Factor job, even though she signed with AGT. This might be a temporary job, so it wouldn't surprise me if they scripted how and when she leaves.

13. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations: