did anybody watch SNL last night?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by smichal, May 10, 2015.

1. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    It was horrible.
    Also on the news segment, Michael Che said AKSED twice. I was so revolted that I tweeted.:mad: How does somebody make it this far in their career if they can't even speak English?

2. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    As has pretty much been the case ever since back in the day when Tina Fey took over, I'm gonna say, probably not.

Although I suspect you could make up a fun drinking game if everybody had to do a shot each time Michael Che stumbled over a word while reading the cue cards on Weekend Update. You'd be pretty hung over Sunday morning and it might be necessary to have the occasional stomach pumping from time to time, but whatever.

3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    No. Because it's always horrible. Fool me 47 times...

4. Father O'Blivion

Father O'Blivion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have it on the DVR... was trying to decide if I should try and watch it, or just delete it. This is one of the worst seasons of a show that has had some really shitty seasons. It's almost like there's no funny left in the world.

5. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    It was horrible and I know that's the "thing" to say, but it is unfortunately true. The show has never been 100%, but certainly had its funny moments. Not getting it this year.
    That Pete Davidson seems to be the youngest there. Maybe it's a generation gap, but his humor seems to be revolved around his youth and smoking pot. That brown hulk Leslie Jones is a one trick pony with the playing of an angry black man/woman. Moynihan, Killam, Mooney and Keenan are pretty funny. The rest are blah. I can't believe that this is the shit that they deem the best of the weeks work. I lol'd twice during Weekend Update and that was it.

6. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    ya I also record it and watch it Sunday morning when I wake up.. terrible

Head Censor and Father O'Blivion like this.
  7. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I like Mooney. I hate Killam.

RockNRolla likes this.
  8. Father O'Blivion

Father O'Blivion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's impossible to watch live.

9. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well, when you worship at the altar of political correctness as devoutly as Lorne and the SNL crew do, what is there left to joke about?

SNL has a lot of parallels to the current incarnation of the HSS in that regard.

10. lilbuddy67

Reputations:
    Download, rent, buy, steal : The Comedians with Billy Crystal and Josh Gad. And The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (produced by Tina Fey, if you like her). The Goldbergs, if you are a child of the 70's/80's.
    Beats this shit.

11. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Aside from the Rock and Bill Hader hosting, I haven't bothered to watch very much of SNL this season.

The racial diversity thing is pretty stupid. Why bring in more black cast members if they have nothing to contribute? And Cecily Strong was much funnier on Weekend Update than Michael Che is. I guess racial diversity (although Cecily is Latina) trumps gender diversity every time.

12. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I hate Cecily also

mattzane227 and AmericasJudge like this.
  13. AbeVigoda

AbeVigoda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A few months back I downloaded a torrent with all the episodes of SNL from season 17-23 and throw those on once in a while.

I know people used to shit on the show back then saying it was crap in the early to mid-90's, but many of those episodes are so fucking good. Even when the sketch tanks, it's still nice to see guys like Nealon, Hartman, Macdonald, Farley and Sandler doing their thing. The liberal use of words like 'fag', 'homo' and other male oriented toilet humor is also an added bonus.

Last month I caught two episodes of current SNL for the first time in years and it was absolute dog shit.

I know it's been said for the past 30+ years that SNL sucks and should be cancelled, so I don't want to make that prediction, but come on now, it's awful.

RockNRolla, GIRLY, zutroy and 5 others like this.
  14. lilbuddy67

Reputations:
    Jones is an ugly unfunny black Nicole Bass, Zameeda(?) doesn't seem to have any original characters/traits. Jay Pharoah was HARRIBLE his first couple of seasons. He may still BE bad, but compared to the others, I guess he's really improved. Keena is always good, but he's on his 10th,11th, 12th season???? Can't be long for the cast, sadly.
    Lorne: cast FUNNY, not color.

mattzane227 and smichal like this.
  15. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I never watch anything live. I can't sit through commercials. The guy that invented the DVR is a fucking genius.

I actually find this season of SNL pretty funny, but I'm sure it's mostly due to the fact that I want to fuck Cecily Strong very hard. I feel like she wants to be fucked in the ass and might actually like giving oral. She gives me major wood, but something tells me that - like a lot of the other SNL girls of the past - she's probably really bland in real life when she's not trying to be funny.

[​IMG]

16. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Would mount her like a seat on a motorcycle, and ride her for a long time

vaporizer likes this.
  17. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "So Michael Che, in a sense tell me for 90 minutes how you auditioned for Lorne Michaels.

Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels.Lorne Michaels."

18. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Proudly: no - I did not watch SNL last night.
    I watched a Denzel Washington movie (The Equalizer) and wished I was black.
    Later I tried to watch a few movies on Netflix that turned out be shitty & stopped each one about 15 minutes in.
    Then I said fuck it & watched last week's Game of Thrones -episode 4- which I enjoyed.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    smichal likes this.
  19. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Funny!
    I'm about to watch a couple of episodes I recorded on VHS from the Gilbert Gottfried season on SNL back during the notorious (and brief) Jean Doumanian era.

20. Sharrack

Sharrack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Reese's rack was looking sweet.....she actually looks preggars to me in that purple skin tight dress on the L.A. Sketch.

ARM likes this.