Did Artie's Prolems Suck The Life Out Of Howard?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Smartguy, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Smartguy

Smartguy This Space Is For Rent VIP

Reputations:
    It seems to me that the show was humming along, and as soon as it was apparent that Artie's addiction was out of control, the funny stopped. It was even worse after the suicide attempt. He just hasn't bounced back. I wonder if he has spent more than 50% of his therapy time struggling with the fact that for the second time in his life, his marriage being the first, that he has failed as a human. I wonder if it has affected him to any great extent. Of course I am also wondering if the whole therapy thing is just made up. It seems highly unlikely to me that someone would see a psychiatrist for cognitive therapy for this long. I would think that a psychiatrist would be busy dealing with mood and other mental health disorders and not have 3-4 hours a week for a single patient.

2. Dead Air Dave

Dead Air Dave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth drained the life out of howard. Artie still has the funny, howard doesn't.

3. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Howard is entirely self-involved. Apart from holding resentment for Artie not respecting his show enough to be professional, I believe it's out of sight, out of mind.

He choose to become a shill and a kiss-ass for the remainder of his career, that took the place of being funny.

4. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If Howard were capable of believing he could ever fail at anything let alone being something as simple as being a human being, maybe. Howard is Midas in Howard's eyes. Everything he touches turns to gold as far as he can tell:dontknow:

5. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I think the reason the funny stopped when Artie went over the edge was because Artie had been carrying the load since Jackie left. I don't think Howard gives two shits about Artie outside of what Artie could do to help him financially. The show eroded gradually from 2001 on, really. Jackie leaves, Artie is a good but not perfect replacement. KC and Stuttering John step up to fill in the gaps. They leave, then Richard and Sal step in but again aren't a perfect replacement. Couple that with Beth gradually making Howard more and more PC and family friendly along with Sirius allowing him to operate without worrying about ratings, and there you go.

6. johnnynoname

johnnynoname Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "...what just happened..I was doodling"

7. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard doesn't give a fuck about anyone but Howard.

Even his kids he ditched for a shitty model from Pittsburgh who refuses to give blowjobs.

Howard ain't no bro...

8. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Todays lead writer:
    BENJY.

That is the problem...

And no. Artie had nothing to do with Howard. Howard is totally self centred. He didn't care about Artie. If he did, he would have join the intervention. If Howard cared he would have done something about the drug problems before Sirius stepped in (and laters: Sirius didn't renew Artie's contract).

9. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's shrink sucked off Howard and the funny. (Allegedly)

10. hbosch

hbosch New Member

Reputations:
    this
    i remember being a little sickened by Howard's douchery even in 06/07. The show was still good enough then that it didn't matter as much. Artie was the last vestige of testosterone that the show had.

11. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good post. Sums up everything, really.

12. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    Artie's famous "you're not my bro" speech made it clear to everyone that Howard didn't give a shit about him outside the show.

13. Famous

Famous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was listening to an old Artie clip on Youtube, and what was interesting to me was that when Stern was once again claiming to "not know what's going on", Artie said "nothing gets by you, Stern." Just called total bullshit on Howard's whole denial mantra. You could hear the smirk in Artie's voice as he said it, too.

14. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    you should change your name :coffee: