Did Gwyneth Paltrow Cheat On Her "Vow' To Eat Like Poor Peeps..Seen On Day 6 eating Gourmet Food...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Apr 16, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Gwyneth Paltrow indulges in gourmet fare after surviving on $29 worth of food for a week (and brings her rumoured beau Brad Falchuk along for the night)

She must be famished after surviving on just $29 worth of food for a week.

Gwyneth Paltrow wasted no time getting her teeth into a hearty meal as she was spotted on a fancy dinner date in LA with her rumoured beau Brad Falchuk, according to People Magazine.

Last Thursday the 42-year-old actress announced that she was going to live for the week on just $29 worth of food as part of a charity challenge, the same amount families on food stamps are expected to survive on.

[​IMG]

+
    Finished already: Gwyneth Paltrow was spotted at upmarket restaurant Animal with rumoured beau Brad Falchuk just days after completing her '$29 worth of food' challenge. She also hung out with Jon Favreau on the night (pictured)

But six days later, the actress was seen upmarket LA eatery Animal with her Glee co-creator suspected love interest.

However when MailOnline asked her representative, he revealed she had actually finished the challenge five days earlier, as when she had announced the challenge on Twitter she was actually already six days into it.

'She finished the challenge last week when Mario challenged her on April 3rd. She didn't get to post the photos of the groceries until the 9th,' her rep said.:bigthink
    • 'Now the point of the challenge is to show just how impossible it is to live on 29 dollars a week which is why most families run out of money 2/3 into the week at least.'

According to People, Gwyneth and Brad were very cosy at the restaurant: 'They were sitting together, very cosy and romantic,' the magazine quotes and observer. 'He was totally rapt by everything she was saying. They were totally on a date.'

If the evening was indeed as intimate as reported, it was broken up at least once by Gwyneth's friend and Iron Man director Jon Favreau, who posted a picture of the two from the restaurant that same night.

[​IMG]

Headstart: On April 9th, the actress tweeted a picture of the groceries she bought to sustain herself for the week - but on Wednesday her rep revealed she was already on the penultimate day of the challenge when she got round to posting it

[​IMG]

Spot the difference: On Tuesday Favreau posted a picture on Instagram of the food he and celeb chef Roy Choi would be serving at Animal for a one-night pop up event. Gwyneth had originally challenged Choi to take up the $29 Food Bank NYC Challenge himself

Favreau's film latest Chef is loosely based on Choi, who was also technical director on the film. Choi was the first person Paltrow called on to take up the $29 Food Bank NYC Challenge when she fist accepted it on Twitter, tagging him by his username @RidingShotgunLA.

If Gwyneth decided to try the food truck's fare, it would have cost her $75 for the multi-course family tasting sit in menu... although she could have snagged a take-away Cubano sandwich for a bargain $9 too.

RONNIE THE CLAW, ARM, smichal and 2 others like this.
  2. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    Is she still 42? She's like Beth, 42 for five years in a row.

3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Fresh produce isn't cheap. Looks like that is what she spent her money on. The average person on food stamps would try to get more calories and food that would last longer.

A. Genius, Jayla, Pooh bear and 6 others like this.
  4. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Her "challenge" makes no sense in typical self-indulgent Paltrow fashion. How many people with $29 would make those selections? I'm not saying it's right or fair, but you can take $29 go to Grocery Outlet and buy enough calories to survive a week and it's not 100% crap, but it's not limes and organic bullshit either.

Pooh bear, ARM, teehee and 1 other person like this.
  5. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I don't see more than $10.00 worth of stuff there. She is not a smart shopper.:bounce:

A. Genius, Roeu812, pilo and 3 others like this.
  6. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    I'm thinking her peasant assistants shop for her...I don't think I'd ever run into her at Stop And Shop..:giggle:

7. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    She also is free to donate some of her millions to a food bank or homeless shelter if she really cares, and more food would get to those in need.

8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You can eat quite a lot on $29.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] upload_2015-4-16_12-24-14.jpeg [​IMG]

9. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    She's one of these fraud celebs who will do zero for anyone else but then at Thanksgiving or Xmas they'll show up at the homeless shelter and take that spoon and slop out the food onto the trays. That's all they do... I've never seen pics or vids of them washing those huge pots and pans or mopping the floor or doing anything but stand there and spoon food onto trays.
    Self serving cunts. Do they care that homeless folks like to eat during the rest of the year? No.

10. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    WTF is she gonna do with 7 limes??

11. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I've had this argument before. $29/week seems like it's too little. For one person, it would be hard. But most of the time they're talking about families. At $87 a week, a family of three can eat quite well if attention is paid. Our foster daughter's best friend's family (four people) ran out of food with a week to go. When we heard about it we felt we had to do something so we went to the grocery store and bought them a week's worth of food and spent $70. They got meat too. Pork loin was on sale for $1.99/lb, chicken drumsticks $0.49/lb. a box of pasta was $1, and store brand jars of sauce were $1.50. Doctored up with ground round at $3.29/lb a few jars and a few boxes of pasta makes a couple of meals. A big bag of potatoes was $5, apples $4, generic cereal, eggs, milk, bread, and deli ham were part of it. Were they eating luxuriously off what we bought them? Of course not. But they weren't living off or ramen noodles or instant macaroni and cheese either. Ever since then, we have realized that we waste a lot of money on groceries and have taken a similar approach to our own shopping habits. If it's not on sale, we don't need it. We try store brand versions of everything and don't notice the difference. Hell, you can eat a meal for as little as $5 for a family of four. Little Caesars $5 pizzas gets everyone two slices.

Where it really sucks is living in urban ghettos. It's hard to even find a grocery store in Detroit.

12. Droog

Reputations:
    Right. Who buys a few bucks worth of limes for meals when they're broke? If you look at what she bought, there is no meal planning. She just went and grabbed $29 worth of stuff in trying to prove a point. I'm tempted to open a Twitter account just so that I can tweet to her what I would buy with $29.

13. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    You're good peeps.

14. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:

• [​IMG]

• Gwyneth Paltrow is the poster child for why I despise celebutards. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this pampered, spoiled, entitled twat of a human being. What is she even trying to prove? I buy a couple of limes every week. They are usually around a dollar a piece. So, if I have an extremely limited budget, am I supposed to blow a quarter of it on fucking limes? That bunch of cilantro in the pic will run about 2 or 3 bucks. So now, I've blown one third of my shopping budget on garnishes.

15. Droog

Reputations:
    What were we going to do, ignore what we heard? Our kid asked if her friend could stay with us for a week because her house had no food. Fact is, I was mad that they ran out after seeing how much stuff we were able to buy for them. I've always been intolerant of stupidity, and have a general disdain of people. My wife helps keep me on the right path. She's the type to just help. I'm the type who gets mad about helping but does it anyway. :jj: Her way saves a lot of grief.

16. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'd love a twitter account too, just to tell these people off. After I posted I assumed she might have bought the limes to squeeze into water, for I suppose lime tasting water. Maybe. And yeah, the rest of the stuff she bought, I don't see how that could all even go together. Maybe some gross bean soup w/ cilantro?

smichal likes this.
  17. Droog

Reputations:
    Bean burritos are easy to make, cheap, and nutritious. While my college friends are ramen and other garbage, I was making burritos in bulk and freezing them. What she has there wouldn't make very tasty burritos. Chorizo or bacon can be had cheap. you can also make a lot of breakfast burritos. Like I said earlier, $29 is a bit of a misrepresentation. Don't food stamps come monthly? That means $116 to spend for the month which means a purchase can have much more variety. And if we're talking about two to three or more people, that means even greater economies of scale and variety. My drink of choice would have to be water. Snack food would be popcorn. The rest would be real, satisfying, nutritious food.

smichal and Just Me like this.
  18. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :dontknow: I always just give up & end up making a tostada ....

Droog likes this.
  19. shrinkage

shrinkage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    that guy looks like he ate Jon Favreau

ZevonFan likes this.
  20. deadbeat

deadbeat Well-Known Member

Reputations: