Amazon Prime

Did Howard 86 Artie's "Crash & Burn "

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Sharkboy, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Member

Reputations:
    I get the feeling Howard got a first look at the book before Arties scheduled appearance and decided to deep six it, possibly even threatening a lawsuit. Anyone know if Artie has addressed the book delay?

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. terrapin1971

terrapin1971 New Member

Reputations:
    Interesting he was all over the promotion of it. Now NOTHING?

4. Ruffypup

Ruffypup VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    10-4 out the back door :bee:

5. renchfrieswith

renchfrieswith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is interesting. I wonder what's in there.

6. kev

kev Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It was supposed to be out "by fall (2012)", then "in time for Christmas", now last I remember he said "end of April". If the book was coming out in two months he'd be doing a lot of promos by now, right?

7. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if Howard would be willing to pay the publisher the upfront Fees artie got in return for him not releasing the book. I mean why would the publisher agree not to release the book Unless Howard put the kibosh on it

8. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Howard really did do this I will be unbelievably ticked off. I wish Artie, Jackie or Stuttering John would stand up to the threat of a lawsuit and be the Salman Rushdie of the Stern show. Every judge and fat, middle american jury in America hates Howard, there's no way you could lose. As much as I enjoyed the MJ trial, seeing Howard on the stand testifying against Artie would be the funniest thing ever.

9. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's worse n publishing a tell all or wiggy trying to stifle it? He is in a Lose-lose no matter what he does

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    I'm looking forward to reading the chapters about his amazing sobriety and his true friend and bro Nick.
    :lol:

I'm sure the book got shelved because there was an 80 percent Artie would crash and burn during the crash & burn book tour.
    Has Artie whipped his cock out again on the air?
    HIGH Artie talking sobriety would be compelling.

11. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I hate this recent tendency of giving Howard more credit and power than he really has, but there may be something to it. It seems very strange to me a book just keeping getting pushed back and back like this..................especially missing the Christmas window.

I've never heard Artie say "It's being pushed back because I'm my ghost-writer is still working on it"; there's just always a new date a few month up the road with no explanation.

Maybe 115's lawyers are playing NDA volleyball with the publisher's lawyers. :dontknow:

What's funny is there's no way Artie is going to bash Howard in the book, but I can see Howard going to the legal limit if even one adjective is less than glowing, or proper enough for him.

And can't anybody easily get around any NDA by claiming that it's fiction, anyway?

It would be so great if Artie had a delusional, effeminate, megalomaniac DJ married to a bimba in his book, but it couldn't be Howard because the guy in Artie's book wears a wig.

:surprised:

12. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    this is the fake story

Nobody's looking forward to anything having to do with anything about Nick.

It'd be like Robin talking about vegucating herself away from death's door.

It's strange how there are two Stern/former-Stern people books coming out that are the complete opposite of the truth.

They should at least slap a "part 1" at the end of Artie's book title.

It's a shame, because Artie, like Howard, really does have a great book in him; he just can't/won't write it.

13. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    As much as Howie likes to think he rules all media, he's irrelevant. He has no power to stop Artie's book, and Artie's not going to badmouth his bro anyway.

My guess is that the publisher is rejecting the book for some reason and they're doing re-writes.

14. gridlockd

gridlockd Active Member

Reputations:
    A "feeling," eh? Maybe you should grab Scooby and the gang and check it out.

15. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Member

Reputations:
    i can pretty much guarantee gary and/or howard read it while artie was out promoting it in sept/oct last year. Artie did several interviews in newspapers promoting the book and said he would be in studio in october. That never came to pass. He was also promoting how buck wrote the forward. If howard didnt like what it said artie would prob agree to stop the presses. Artie would never bash howard directly, but by disclosing all the times he was high during the show, all the times he lied on air about this or that it reflects really bad on howard. For years everyone was saying artie needed rehab, but howard always said that wasnt his role. On the contrary, howard should have sent artie to rehab AT LEAST once to try to get him clean. At least to show he tried. But he always put the show first and was afraid it would suffer without artie. He was right. The show jumped the shark after the suicide attempt. Artie is gone for good. It all reflects bad on howard. Im convinced he has stopped this book until after he retires.

16. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Three. Don't forget Lisa G. discussing sex in her new book. :D

17. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    People need to realize that Howard may not have much "power" but he has a shitload of cash. MJ, a pissant local DJ, could have bankrupted Bubba (and still very well might if he wins on appeal) had a jury not gone the other way. All Howard has to do is threaten the publisher with more legal fees than what they paid Artie on the advance and it just makes good business sense to cancel it. Civil suits are different from criminal trials, the burden of proof ends up falling on the accused (i.e. the publisher/Artie). Even if Artie wants the book out, publishers cancel books for this reason all the time because they aren't fighting for free speech (or for a fat comic to get a payday), they are just in it to make a profit.

18. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    for the millionth time......howard had no control over artie's addiction. no one in the world can make someone get sober until they're ready to get sober.

19. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    the ops assertion is incorrect because it assumes that howard has the ability to deep 6 anything anymore.Picture Abe vigoda trying to deep 6 something... its the same thing.howie has negative pull in the industry anymoreIn short: were not in the howard stern game anymore.

20. tfresca

tfresca Member

Reputations:
    Artie should publish the book and dare Howard to sue him. Unless he's got some kind of ironclad arbitration clause Howard ain't gonna sue because all the secrets of the show can be laid bare. Wig shit, pussy shit, etc. They get you on the stand or in a deposition you have to tell the truth an Howard hates the truth.

21. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Doesn't work that way, Howard could get the book stopped until a potential libel suit has been tried. If his lawyers wanted to be real dicks, they could propose that both sides post a bond to cover legal fees for the winner (in a case this high profile, maybe upwards of $1,000,000 apiece). No publisher is going to want to go through that for a book by a C-list celebrity. I love Artie, but let's not kid ourselves here.