Did Howard Absorb Artie's Salary?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Peau de Soie, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Probably an old question, but I'm wondering. Several investigative journalist posters here have shown that Howard Stern's production company gets a big lump sum from Sirius and then pays everyone else, despite his frequent protestations to the contrary (i.e., Marble Theory). But he always claims everyone else has their own negotiations with Sirius.

When Arthur "left", did his 1-2 million dollar salary simply get absorbed by Howard's production company, never to be spent again? Or was he really paid separately by Sirius, and Howard is therefore kindly saving them a few million by keeping all possible shards of comedy off the show?

2. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm sure it's the latter. Artie was year-to-year, and had his own agent.

3. Beth Eats Hay

Beth Eats Hay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What do you think? According to the liar himself, Howard doesn't take a pay cut....

So when they cut his salary, he stopped funding the shows completely, didn't replace Artie, didn't replace Bubba, and now shows up two or three days a week to plug AGT, other NBC people, or Buchwald clients. That extra money goes back to him.

Probably cut a deal with NBC to promote. His kind will stop at nothing to get that elusive gold.

4. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Some are paid from Howard's LLC some are paid by SiriusXM, the exact breakdown is unknown but Artie did seem to work for Sirius he signed a yearly contract while Fred and Robin sign five year deals, his representation was at that time not Don Buchwald all things that point to his deal being seperate much like Jackie's at WXRK.

One's that are known to work for Sirius: Tim, Scott the Engineer

One that work for the LLC: JD, Jason, Will, Ronnie, Ralph, all the lower level HTV guys, the tapes team.

5. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...no new person to fill the chair means they money is being kept by marbles. only guests stopping in like the amazing lisa lampenalli.

6. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    no. he gave that money to JD. :rolleye:

7. Greekfreak

Reputations:
    BTW, he was making quite a bit less than 1 million via salary alone. And I guarantee that no comedian with any kind of self-worth would accept a job on this trainwreck of a once-great show for any money. THSS is where funny goes to die.

8. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    According to Gary's one and only post at SFN, Artie was signed for the final 2 years of the original contract.
    This happened after the Teddy fight and before the trip to Afghanistan(d) this is when Howard thought he might lose his heavy lifting cash cow.
    Artie was paid in full for his last year to sit home, get better and keep his mouth shut.

FYI- Arties new radio agent works for the Don Buchwald agency.

9. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard thought he was going to get his salary til he found out that Sirius would prefer to use that money on other projects and initiatives. Ironically,. Howard just called out IMUS for trying to fire somebody and collect that person's salary for himself.

10. Greekfreak

Reputations:
    Sources, please? Interesting info about Booey's post.

11. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes it amounts to a days pay. He would rather pocket the money than hire a comedian to add some funny to the show.

The man is a sick sick Jew.

12. Greekfreak

Reputations:
    After the dust settled, I think it was pretty obvious that Bubba and his crew were working for relative peanuts, and it's likely why they left. If I truly were a "bro" to all my paid friends, I'd do my best to make sure they're set for life contractually. Especially if you love your work and know what's necessary to make the show run decently.

13. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm done with SFN and I refuse to give that scumbag any hits but go to the member's section and find Gary's VIP account.

14. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What are you a fucking teacher or something? Use fucking google like everyone else.

15. Greekfreak

Reputations:
    Just too lazy, sunshine, and figure guys like you have way more idle time on your hands. That kind of response really brings me back to SFN already...

"Not a physics major."--Bill Hicks

16. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie was absorbed by Robin.

17. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:

that wasn't garys only post.

18. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    Artie had some sort of a contract, but according to both Artie & Howard, Artie was a "day laborer" or "paid by the day" rather than the year, which is why they didn't have to pay off any contract.

Also, as far as the money goes, at some point Howard mentioned something along the lines of "a few people, like Richard & Sal, got raises" after Artie left. He used this as an excuse as to why the Jackie / Artie chair was to remain empty: not enough in the budget.

My guess is a tiny amount of the Artie money was spread around, but none of the employees are allowed to tell anyone else exact numbers, meaning no one really knows who got how much, and thus, Howchie ended up pocketing the vast lion's share of the savings.

At one point, Artie talked about getting $800K/year from THSS, while he claimed to be earning $1.6Mil from his appearances, for a gross of nearly $2.5Mil/year total. Hard to say by how much the fat fuck was exaggerating, as he lied nearly as much as Howard does.

19. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Okay Mutt whatever you say!

20. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard called out IMUS on Monday's show