Did Howard do AGT to try and drive up Sirius subscriptions?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HowardsPrenup, Jun 11, 2012.

1. HowardsPrenup

HowardsPrenup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe he realized that the show was dead in the water and subs were falling off a cliff - and did AGT to attract new subs? Not that he gives two shits about the show in reality - but he wanted to cover his ass and protect the marbles that he had coming from it. AGT probably has a very family oriented audience that can digest his boring ass radio show. Some will even pay for it because they like AGT talk. Just saying the shoe fits.

2. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  3. HowardsPrenup

Reputations:
    I know the title of the thread seemed misleading, but I think Howard played a pawn in the chess game. He is trying to cover his own ass by trying to drive subs up. He knows Sirius is dead, but it's his cash cow. He got paid chump change by AGT if you equate it to his sirius payout

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He did it to move out of radio and get an easy TV gig where he only has to work 2-3 day a week for four months a year and make tens of millions of dollars.

I think he doesn't care about subscriptions. I think he was planning on using the lawsuit to leverage himself out of his contract with Sirius paying out most or all of the rest of his contract and make AGT his steady gig.

I seriously doubt he has subscriber bonuses in this new contract.

5. Vdrummer35

Vdrummer35 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    my sirius unit is on now even though I wont turn it on, till the 24th.
    they want me to pay them $25 bucks for 6 months, not going to happen.
    AGT gained sirius ZERO/0.0 subs.

6. HowardsPrenup

Reputations:
    I really hope AGT has gained sirius zero subs. I couldn't listen if they gave it to me for free

7. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It didn't have anything to do with Sirius. It has everything to do with the $15 million + he's making for doing fuck all.

8. wharf rat

wharf rat Member

Reputations:
    I think Howard is far from meeting another subscription goal. (Hence the lawsuit.)

He's doing AGT because he thought (read: Buchwald convinced him) it'd be 24 working days, they'd move the show to his backyard in the Hamptons and he would get the national recognition he thinks he needs. (And the $15 mil.) Then he (and Buchwald) can parlay his new fame into new opporunities for him and America's new sweetheart, Beth.

Besides, Buchwald is already talking with Gary about his "next career." They're all just planting seeds.

9. HowardsPrenup

Reputations:
    But if you look at it - Howard is making far less doing AGT than on his Sirius contract. I hate Stern - but it looks like he is trying to be cunning by bringing AGT audience over. He will do ANYTHING to protect the golden goose-marble cow from going bankrupt and spoiling his fortune. I think Buchwald or an attorney is filling his ear on the road that's the most less-traveled.

10. HowardsPrenup

Reputations:
    Could be - planting seeds is definitely part of what's going on. And I'm sure he is trying to make his whore-wife the next cash cow after he is too old to play with marbles

11. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    No....He did AGT for the money,duh

12. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    He doesn't give a fuck about his Sirius show. If he did he would start putting effort into the show and at the very least gain back some of the fans he lost. He signed that last contract and is now putting in the absolute minimal effort. Just enough to cash the check and not one ounce more.

When Sirius gets more subscribers he takes the credit. When they lose subscribers he blames the company, not his lackluster performance and absentee schedule.

13. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Howard cared about subscriptions he wouldn't be telling people to cancel if they don't like his channels.