Did Les Moonves' Law Suit Against Howard Have Any Merit?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JessOnCrack, May 23, 2013.

1. JessOnCrack

JessOnCrack Check out my maniacal laugh! Banned User

Reputations:
    I remember not understanding what it was about at all. I have no idea what damages Les suffered at the hands of Howard. Do you guys think Les had any merit for the lawsuit?

2. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    nope. that was a frivolous lawsuit.

howard claimed in his sean hannity interview that moonves filed the lawsuit so that the media wouldn't focus on the low ratings of the radio division post howard.

3. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    here is his tv interview and radio interview.

in the radio interview, he also famously admits to placing a gag order on O&A

[video=youtube;r7NsXa0NjCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7NsXa0NjCw[/video]

[video=youtube;RXdTRXJF8zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdTRXJF8zg[/video]

the audio for the radio interview is bad, but i toughed it out.

4. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    nope, no merit whatsoever

5. JessOnCrack

JessOnCrack Check out my maniacal laugh! Banned User

Reputations:
    Thank you, that's what I thought! Funny that later on Howard would file one with no merit again.

6. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

The *real* reasons behind all of that relatES to something that else that "May" have been going on..elsewear.

I would like to say much more about all of that....but I might happen to be sumwhat "involved".

I guESs that I can..share..that *eye* made OUT ok in the various..deals.

....and try to take a guess at just who else may have also made OUT..quite quite well. (..but SO so quietly quietly.)

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;q8yGvmqgvJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8yGvmqgvJA[/video] ............................................................. :bigthink

[​IMG] .... :whistle:

7. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    no merit. 100% butthurt lawsuit. howard was, however, lying about not having a monetary gain by talking about sirius. he would say that he gets paid no matter what happens and that he's just talking about satellite because that's what was going on in his life. we all know now, he was lying and had the milestone incentives. still, howard made the correct point that the station had the final say on what went over the air. they asked that he quit saying sirius and he did. in the end, they are both scum.

8. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, it had merit.

9. koabz

koabz New Member

Reputations:
    The funny thing was all the commentators sided with Howard. He has a lot of people that kiss his ass and never go against him. At the time, nobody questioned him. When sirius and xm merged, he conned us into siding with him. He really wanted that merger to get another bonus.....

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  10. imgod700

imgod700 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard is a baby toucher and smells of boy cum

11. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:

seriously, anyone who believed him about the merger being good for subscribers is kind of dumb. competition drives down prices, taught in every entry level economic course.
    there are benefits of competition for the talent also, if they sue their boss and make the entire company hate them, they can go to the other game in town.
    i bet howard wishes XM was a separate company now .

12. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Correct, CBS's complaint against Howard is over 70 pages long and contains page after page of contract violations, deception and unethical behavior on Howard and Buchwald's part. It's available on TheSmokingGun. Remember, the only part of the settlement that was public was Sirius' payment of $2 million in exchange for the tapes. Howard and Buchwald as private citizens did not disclose their part in the settlement. It was those two, not Sirius that violated the contract with CBS, while the outcome is not public their settlements could have been substantial.

13. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes it had merit because it was settled. You don't settle if you are going to win. Sirius did not settle with Howard about the $300 million lawsuit because it had no merit.

14. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    been awhile, so i might have my facts jumbled, but wasn't the suit filed right after he left ? if that's so, why did they continue to allow him to talk about sirius while he was there ? they had dump buttons, why didn't they use it ?
    howard told the executives that everyone else would be talking about the move, and it would be a hot topic, it didn't make sense to only allow the competitors to chime in. i'm not surprised that it was 70 pages long, CBS is powerful and they filed this lawsuit as a strategic ploy. big companies with an almost seemingly infinite amount of capital sometimes file suits they couldn't win just to bog the competitor down, delay them, or bankrupt them. i know howard is a lying piece of shit and i might have just drank the kool-aid on this one, but i just don't see what he did wrong in this case.

15. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    you really believe that ? sometimes it is better to just settle so you can put an end to it and not be in some long drawn out process.
    i also don't think michael jackson molested that boy despite settling :p

16. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Lawsuit was the first glimpse into the world of the greedy lazy serial liar.

Stern was getting a percentage of advertising marbles on FM radio....while complaining that there were too many commercials.....:facepalm:

17. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What choice did CBS have? They asked Howard to stop talking about Sirius but he kept doing it. Using the dump button repeatedly was not an acceptable solution to the problem, because CBS would then lose the benefit of its bargain with Howard.

Howard put CBS in a lose-lose situation. Howard's priority at the time should have been to serve CBS only. That was his contractual obligation.

Howard, not CBS, opted to create a conflict of interest that divided his loyalty. Howard did so to double-dip financially. He got paid his salary with CBS while at the same time setting up the Sirius bonus based on subscriber increases, a bonus payable on the Sirius contract start date.

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Is this post a secret, romantic missive to another saloon member? :bigthink

19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    FM-Howard was a tortured man. That evil Mel really abused poor Howard.
    Howard took all the risk going to Sirius and getting away from that Karmazin monster.

[​IMG]
    :lol:

[​IMG]

20. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I guess Les was not able to get a copy of Howard/Sirius Contract v1.0?

Or was he able?
    If so, that would EXPLAIN the settlement.
    Clearly in the v1.0 contract Howard had TONS to gain by promoting Sirius.

Even a Judge that was tired and menstruating could see that :giggle: