Did They Play The Same Shuffle Every Day This Week?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Apr 28, 2013.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've listened to the Shuffle at least 4 different days this week and every time it's been the same. It's very noticeable because there's a very long (and douchechill inducing) segment where Howard and Robin wish cancer on Sally Jessy Raphael and make jokes about her kid's suicide. Did they play the same Shuffle every day? Just another example of how budget constraints have nothing to do with the poor quality of H101, it's strictly laziness and incompetence.

2. Skyway

Skyway New Member VIP

Reputations:
    There's a lot of repeats on Shuffle and Mastertape Theatre. They claim to have 22,000 of tape but seem to hold back 21,750 of them.

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    The worst week of programming EVER!

4. PappYawn

PappYawn Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Can some one explain the difference between Stern Show Shuffle, Master Tape Theatre, and This Day in Howard History, besides the cornball intros? :dontknow:

5. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    Stern Show Shuffle is supposed to be random segments.

Mastertape Theater is supposed to be complete vintage shows.

This Day in Howard History is supposed to be segments that happened on a particular day. (any year)

it's all been "sanitized" as far as i can tell.

6. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    H100 & H101 listenership, during live show and repeat weeks:
    [​IMG]

7. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    its apparently too much work to attempt to entertain you while they are on vacation nearly half the time. Meanwhile you're paying your full bill

8. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    I caught that, too. Very creepy.

9. MatthewRosa

MatthewRosa New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    There is a billion to one chance anyone could ever get through the call screeners and dump button to ever ask Howard if he feels guilty for wishing all those people cancer or does he feel any remorse whatsoever about it considering the only person who got cancer is the one person who "has his back". Unlike most people I love Robin and it really sucks that Howard has decided to allow her to get away with not informing us about what is going on. I say that because Robin would never tell anyone anything if it wasn't dragged out of her. Given the detailed information what was said the week before her surgery I really can't understand why they can't/won't tell us her mass was cancerous and that she needed to undergo chemo and many months of recovery that would keep her pretty much quarantined in her apartment. If this was said and then she said she is willing to do the show every single day from an ISDN line even though she is going through hell I can't imagine one person saying one thing negative about that. Even if someone wanted to say one awful thing they never would get put into the Mariann, Bobo, ETM and Tommy from Malden rotation. I really just don't get it unless the rumors about this not being cancer at all and it is house arrest or something else ridiculous are true.

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard Stern Show 07-21-95
    - Robin on the Sally Jesse Raphael show
    - Doug Beatty-Doug gets into a trunk
    - Patti Davis calls in
    - Eric Roberts calls in

[video=youtube;CHEmfoldYOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHEmfoldYOY[/video]

11. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    AND the Shuffle is normally a different collection of random segments every day (Mon-Fri).

12. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I suspect Robin's absence from the studio is due more to her stupid book than her health. The recent article about the postponement of her media tour says she's claiming that her diet led to a "speedy recovery". I'm guessing she doesn't want to be seen in public until she looks slim, trim, and healthy, then she'll claim she's looked like that since shortly after the surgery. That's also why she's been claiming she went to parties, movies, etc., so she can use that as proof of her speedy recovery, even though it's all lies and her recovery has actually been quite prolonged. If you notice, the standard reply from staffers when they're asked about her is "Robin will be back WHEN SHE'S READY", not when she's recovered or when she's healthy. Any normal person who had a major illness while writing a book about how healthy they were would scrap the project or release it as a cookbook without making any health claims but not crazy Robin.