Stern Show Did Tim Sabean Make His Own Murderer (Marci Turk) By Tweeting About Robin?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Benjamen, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've been trying to get a handle lately on the creation of the mysterious and all-powerful Marci Turk. It seems to me it all started with a simple -- but completely misguided -- tweet from "Creator of the Howard Stern Channels" (according to his Twitter bio) Tim Sabean on Friday, June 1, 2012:

Robin Quivers had undergone surgery to have a grapefruit-size tumor removed from her body just one week earlier, on May 25th. What Tim, Senior Vice President of the Howard Stern Channels, didn't know at the time was that Robin wouldn't be returning to the studio that Monday; she worked from home, in secret, for another 16 months.

The tweet enraged Howard, whose debut season of AGT had premiered on television to lackluster ratings just two weeks earlier, on May 14th. He addressed Tim's tweet on the air within the first hour of the following Monday's show.

[​IMG]

06/04/12. 6:40am

Gary said that Howard is very annoyed today. Howard said he is. He said he bought a book called ''Getting Things Done'' and it tells you how to get things done and get rid of the people who aren't doing their jobs. Howard said he's the one who is supposed to fix things around there. He said he has to get rid of some people around there. Howard told Gary that they have to stop Tim from Tweeting. Gary said he can't do that because Tim is his boss. Howard said he really isn't his boss. He said he's demoting Tim. Howard said that Gary should be in charge of Tim.

[​IMG]

06/18/12. 9:10am
    Howard Is ''Getting Things Done.''

Howard said he was telling Robin earlier about this book ''Getting Things Done'' and he has zero email in his inbox. He had over 2000 emails in there and now it's zero. He said that he's taking care of everything and the book teaches you how to do it.

He said the woman he sat down with from Getting Things Done told him to just unsubscribe from some stuff. He said he's on a mad tear and he loves it.

Howard said that he's giving David Allen and company a big endorsement. Howard said there's going to be a lot of change around there. He said everyone should get ready around there.

Howard said this woman helped turn his life around. He said that he kept putting off his doctor's appointment and this woman just told him to do it. Howard said he did it and now he'll do stuff like that from now on. Howard said he may have her visit Gary's office to look over what's going on with his Post-It notes. Gary said he's loving the idea. Howard said he told her he's going to have her visit Fafa Fooey.

[​IMG]

07/17/12. 6:20am
    Howard said the person from ''Getting Things Done'' told him that firing someone like that is actually doing them a favor.
    Howard said that it helps the person to fire them because they'll figure out what they were doing wrong. He said they'll appreciate what they have after he fires them.

6:40am
    Howard said the woman from Getting Things Done has said to him that she can't believe what a pushover he is and how he hasn't fired anyone. Howard said he really does have to fire some people.

[​IMG]

02/27/13. 7:25am

Tim Sabien delivers his "State of the Channels Address" on Howard's show. Afterwards, Howard allows his staff to ask Tim questions, and Lisa G blindsides Tim with an accusation that he's dating Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville -- whom Beth had hung out with exactly one month earlier. [Photo proof is deleted, but the tweet remains.]

If Howard was planning to fire Tim, as he seemed to be hinting at, it appears that he wanted to make sure to humiliate him on a major stage before getting rid of him.

Howard sets Lisa up by reminding Tim that the Stern Show is supposed to be "the truth in broadcasting."

---

[​IMG]

Tim Sabean's State Of The Channels Address.

Howard said he wrote about how they have to be the truth in broadcasting. Tim said he read that. Howard said he knows that he did.

Lisa G asked Tim if he's now dating Brandi Glanville. Howard asked if that's true. Lisa said she has her spies. Howard asked if that's really happening. Tim said he has no idea who she is. Howard said she was on the show last week. Tim told them to get the fuck out of there. He said he knows who she is but she doesn't know who she is. He swore that he never even talked to her. Tim said they have to be kidding him. Robin said the tip off is that he didn't say no immediately. Tim said no after that. Howard said this is the same statement he made after Shitgate.

[​IMG]

Tim said that his personal life is off limits. Howard asked if this is really happening. Tim said he didn't even meet her. Howard asked if he went to dinner or kissed her. Howard had him swear on the life of his children. Tim did but he did that in Shitgate too. Robin said he must have his fingers crossed. Howard asked if he talked to her. Tim said he did see her in the hallway but didn't even say hello to her. Howard said he'd be proud of him if he was dating her. Tim said he would be too.

Howard asked Lisa where she got her information. Lisa said she can't say. She said she has to keep that a secret.

---

04/14/2013
    Jason Kaplan tweets that he's at dinner with Tim Sabean and Will Murray, "drinking our troubles away." [Photo proof is deleted, but the tweet remains.]

Tim stopped tweeting two weeks later. He was no longer mentioned on the Stern Show, and the shows Tim oversaw on Howard 101 were all pulled. Tim's absence was finally acknowledged in a thread started by @HooHoo on June 12.

---

Edited to add:

05/2013 (or possibly earlier)
    Marci acknowledged as Chief Operating Officer on Howard's site, less than one year after meeting him and coaching him to unsubscribe from emails.

09/2013
    After a leave of absence to tend to his sick parents, Tim has a new job with SiriusXM. It does not involve the Howard Stern Show (and lasts just 10 months).

---

1/31/2014
    "Marci Turk, you are an inspiration to me every single day. You changed my life. Thank you. The fans don't know you, but I'll tell you this, fans: If you love the Howard Stern Show, you love this woman Marci Turk."

Howard takes a moment at his high-profile, celebrity-filled birthday bash to publicly thank Marci Turk for changing his life and inspiring him everyday. The normally joyous Beth gives Marci the same unimpressed look she gives her subordinates at the animal shelter, refusing her even a courtesy smile.

8/21/2014
    Page Six runs an article about Marci Turk called "The Woman Responsible for Howard Stern's 'PC' Behavior"

[​IMG]

“She’s in her 30s and she’s a hot redhead,” said one longtime insider. “Out of nowhere she was given the title of COO [Tim Sabean was whacked], and has had a very strong hand on how the show is handled and how everyone has to ‘keep Howard’s brand right.’”

--

Edited to add:

04/20/2015
    Tim appears on Al's Boring Podcast and explains his exit from the show in his typical wordy-yet-difficult-to-interpret manner.

Al: So how did that whole thing end? It was very mysterious for a listener.

Tim: I'll be very honest. It got to the point towards the very end ... Um, Howard brought in a consultant and it really kinda rocked my world ... It disturbed me to the point where I wasn't sleeping, and I wasn't happy. I was miserable.

[Read more here.]

--

8/24/2015
    During a call to the Sten Show, Hanzi says Marci Turk's name. Howard dumps the call without allowing Marci's name to make it on the air, but Hanzi was broadcasting the call in real time on Periscope. He laughs hysterically when he realizes Marci's name triggered Howard to censor the call.

---

[​IMG]

9/21/2015
    Artie at last addresses Howard Stern, Getting Things Done and Marci Turk on his podcast:
    "Some stories I've heard, and I can't tell you how I know 'em, make me worried about Howard. Like he might be losin' it a little bit."

---

To paraphrase the late, great Tim Sabean, Creator of the Howard Stern Channels:

"If it was created by man--

[​IMG]

-- it can be solved by wo-man."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  2. Asshat13

Asshat13 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how long did it take to type all that?

3. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    that red head in the blue dress :hump:

4. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    bunch of ugly yids.

5. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Chrisboom likes this.
  6. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's called Getting things Done bro ....

7. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    Petal, blindbella, MobyDick and 16 others like this.
  8. Reverend Maynard

Reverend Maynard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I were Beth, I'd be pissed. "This woman turned my whole life around"....

9. lisac37

lisac37 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He actually needed someone to tell him to unsubscribe from emails?

"Howard said this woman helped turn his life around. He said that he kept putting off his doctor's appointment and this woman just told him to do it. Howard said he did it and now he'll do stuff like that from now on."

Marci told him to go to a doctor's appointment? My god she's brilliant.

10. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm still trying to figure out what's interesting here.

11. njguy8

njguy8 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

What's that on your nose Jason?

We all know you don't work for Howard because of your talent. It must be something else all together. I wonder what that could be.

TheLACritic and Princess Kitty like this.
  12. The Filthy Beast

The Filthy Beast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Go outside and get a life fag...

13. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    OP is a made man like Billy Batts here bro, best sleep with one eye open tonight.....

14. drewjube

drewjube Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's awesome. It puts anything ever done by "Howard 100 News" to shame. I just sincerely hope they don't start fucking with Benjamen a la Adam Levy.

I have long wondered what the deal with Sabean was: Benjamen fills in a lot of blanks.

Why haven't Shedders given "Getting Things Done" the Yoda books treatment on Amazon.com?

15. drewjube

drewjube Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's awesome. It puts anything ever done by "Howard 100 News" to shame. I just sincerely hope they don't start fucking with Benjamen a la Adam Levy.

I have long wondered what the deal with Sabean was: Benjamen fills in a lot of blanks.

Why haven't Shedders given "Getting Things Done" the Yoda books treatment on Amazon.com?

16. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Nominate @Benjamen for next year's poster of the year.

17. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Very nice write up, Benjamen. Thanks. :clap:

What's with all the cunts on this thread? :scratch:

18. David999

David999 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ever since she came on the scene, the show has been worse than ever:crying:

Vidiot, EmilysBush, WHTHS and 10 others like this.
  19. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Marci is basically Howard's mother in the background of The Show telling him to make decisions and man-up. Gary is a horrible manager and won't fire anyone. Gary is basically "unfireable" because he is too big a part of The Show. The new Show members are kept almost anonymous so Howard can fire them at will.