Did you ever think the show would become this shitty?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DogStar69, Oct 4, 2012.

?

Did you ever think the show would become this shitty?

1. No, I never imagined it could get this bad

70 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. Yeah, I kinda knew it would become wet shit.

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pole

When he started at Sirius I could never imagine it would become unlistenable.

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    If you told me Artie would leave the show and Howard would become a judge on a family-friendly game show.. yes, I would say it would become shitty.

3. DogStar69

Reputations:
    I would have never thought it would become this bad, unfunny and boring. All he had to do is keep doing what he did in 2006, but he got greedy and lazy and gave up. He doesn't think the fans are worth the effort to put on a decent show.

4. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    never. THSS often had me laughing out loud which doesn't happen with movies or tv shows. it still makes me laugh occasionally but it used to be an every day thing.

5. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    Back in the day, I would have been livid if somebody even implied that it would get this bad. :mad:

6. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Back in the day, I thought Howard was honest. I certainly thought he was one who appreciated his fans.

Alas, I also believed in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus....then there was the Easter Bunny...

7. ZevonFan

ZevonFan VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I knew it was tanking before they went to Sirius, but I told myself that it was low morale because of the "harrable working conditions" Howard incessantly complained about at terrestrial radio. My mistake. It got worse than I ever dreamed it would and I am a pissed off ex-fan who spent hours and hours out of my life listening to what I now know are Howard's lies. I guess I should have known better.
    Not like I didn't know it was 'theater of the mind.' I guess I didn't understand the inconsistencies and lack of effort by Howard as he hired lackies to do his work. Then there's the money. Less work, then very little work, and now he hates us back but is laughing all the way to the bank for OUR naive thinking that he was gonna be The Revolution. Howard Stern emerged as himself, and holy shit, he sucks.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  8. DogStar69

Reputations:
    Now that I hate him I'm glad he's tanking, he deserves all the bad Karma, but in a way I'd just rather have a funny entertaining show like it used to be. I guess he couldn't fake not being a snob and pretending to be a working man like the audience he built up, and he just took everyone for dummies.

O&A haven't given up, they still put on a funny show that I LOL to more than I ever did to the Stern show. If O&A are ever gone or change into shit like Howard has I will listen to their old shows, but I am done with Howard. I don't even appreciate the old show anymore, unless there is a quick old clip.

9. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Zevron: SO well said.

10. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Johnny B.....my thoughts exactly!
    a huuuuuge part of the show left with Artie....never the same.
    The first year was exciting..amazing radio....
    nearly commercial free....5 hours...4 days....
    (some days no WUS) ;)
    or re-raps of the WUS :rolleye:

and now it's a pathetic rushed 4hr show..filled with commercials and LIVE PLUGS every 30mins....
    every 2 seconds during Robin's news....Robin's so ill but she can't "retire" so she's somewhere lost in translation on an isdn in her hospital bed :facepalm:.
    Howard asks Fred every 20mins..."do I have to BREAK NOW" ????
    The same tired old bits....

Yep..I would say we were duped to "join the revolution"....but what else is there to listen to at 6am?? I'm addicted after 24yrs waking up to the Show....(and listening to the replays late night)
    Howard's still the best!!
    I'm hanging in another year.....IF he's asked to do AGT this season....(which I doubt he will be) THEN I'm done with the show!
    Can't go thru another 5 months listening to
    Mon...AGT reviews (ugh)
    Tues..WUS clips....
    Weds.. HowardTV bits/plugs

I hope he retires in 3 yrs....ends his misery (and ours)

peace & love

11. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Hopefully Malone puts him outta his misery before the contract expires..

12. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I knew when Jackie left the show would never be the same. Fuck that junkie piece of shit Artie.

13. RockoBalbono

RockoBalbono Member

Reputations:
    There was a time not so long ago I would have been kicked off this forum for being a defender of Howard and ready to beat the shit out of anybody for saying anything bad. I owe much thanks to this forum for being an eyeopener into alot of bullshit I never considered before. I used to think Beth was a goddess, the whole thing was legit, everything Stern was legit. Now, not so much. I think moreso cause I really started listening to the show, (and to alot of you here) about the shit behind the scenes. I been listening off and on for 27/28 years or so and if not for here, I would have believed he didn't know Artie was on drugs or that this photography was for him and not for Beth.

That probably don't make sense but fuck it. I thought it was over when Jackie left, the whole show was fucking dead. But Artie was good and got better with time, at least for me. The show was revived, the revolution was real, and things were gold. I wish I knew what happened that it went to shit. 3 days a week, forced commercials, same old guests, no wackpackers, sal and richard just making phone calls, I don't get it man. Oh well, fuck it!

14. DogStar69

Reputations:
    Be mad at Jackie, he's the moron who left thinking that the show would fall apart without him, but it didn't , it was still good when he was gone.

15. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    WTF? There should be an option for "The show is better than ever", I can't vote goddamn it! :pissed:

16. DogStar69

Reputations:
    No comedian. Even on his bad days Artie said something funny, maybe not LOL funny, but still funny enough to listen. I was gonna say Benjy, but when Artie was there you didn't know that Benjy sucked as much. Fred gave up when Artie left, he should have taken the mic and been the 3rd on air person. I don't even consider Fred part of the show the last two years. It's Howard saying unfunny boring out of touch things and Robin giggling at ever word. It's painful to listen to, and not worth downloading the show, hasn't been in two years or so. Maybe that's what Howard wanted a show that no one would want to steal, but in the process he made it unlistenable. I can't imagine how Howard TV still exists.

Howard is not funny. He tries and he's not. Benjy can't write or doesn't want to write anything funny for Howard to say. Benjy can't write jokes, he's a schtick coma guy who does silly things to get attention, his only talent is not being embarrassed by what he does, and that doesn't really have value.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  17. RockoBalbono

RockoBalbono Member

Reputations:
    You know what else pisses me off. Ok so he said he was going on AGT and it just never fucking ended. I thought ok yeah he's excited and he said, "It's about the performers". So what the fuck did he do the first and last time I watched, gets up on stage and starts dancing and making sure all the attention was for him. Thats why Sharon is leaving that shitty show, who gives a fuck about some talent fuckin show. I want talent I drive through downtown Philly every fuckin day and see beatbox drummers all the time better than that shit.

I'm off topic but ya know what I mean? Mother fucker sit in the chair and judge, shut the fuck up and quit thinking you have to steal the fucking show from the people on stage. Nobody wants to see your dumb fucking scraggly ass get up and dance you dumb asshole. You don't have to grab the attention like that. And whats with that dumb fuckin photoshop shit your doing, give it the fuck up and talk to people here at Dawgs to learn it right. (sorry for ranting but ay ya know)!

18. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Once he got rid of his wife and Jackie. I knew the shit stains would accumulate . . .

19. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The show for me went into a steady decline after Jackie left. Why should I be mad at Jackie? Because he didn't want to use the same agent as Howard?

20. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    x2