Did you forgive or get vengeance?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jersery, Mar 27, 2014.

1. jersery

jersery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Has someone done something to you that significantly interrupted or brought tremendous stress to your life? If they weren't accountable, did you just forgive or what did you do? Or, do you still plan on exacting revenge? How will you go about it?

Point of this post? Can't seem to forgive. But if I exact vengeance, all actions have consequences. Just interested in hearing how other humans handle similar life setbacks.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Apple the cat

Apple the cat Moral conscience of the Shed

Reputations:
    Honestly, I'm a big believer in Karma- I've seen it happen too many times not to believe. As the old saying goes "time wounds all heels".

3. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I have a long time friend that to me, it seems like we're not on the same page at the same time and it's caused problems btwn us. I've been mad and confronted her but have come to realize you gotta let shit go

4. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We never make flowers anymore.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I just cut people off and move on. I'm not confrontational but if they insist on "mending" or talking it out I have no issue with letting them know my thoughts in the most unkind of ways and then I proceed to cut them off again. I have much more important things to devote my time and attention to than plotting against someone…..and fuck forgiveness. :toptip:

6. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I've never been fucked over by someone to the degree where I couldn't forgive them.

My father was very abusive to my mom when I was a kid. I spent some of my childhood and teenage years waiting for the moment when I could "avenge" her and give him a taste of his own medicine. At one point, I plotted actually killing him and that thought was pretty sweet. But as I got older and wiser, I saw him as a pathetic man. I saw that he changed and was ashamed of the things he did and regained a relationship with him as an adult. We weren't close at all, but we'd talk on Christmas and birthdays...and I went to his wedding. We were always civil.

In general, I always prefer not having enemies. I've had friends that fucked me over and after holding some anger, I found it to be healthier and more productive to just let it go and remember that they can't be trusted, but tolerated.

7. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    For revenge is a two sided sword. It destroys all, and spares none.

8. Pooh bear

Reputations:
    Just curious-if some one apologizes to you you won't forgive? How bad can it be that you wouldn't want to be friends again?

9. Pooh bear

Reputations:
    I agree

10. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...you can forgive but you dont have to forget.

11. Summer

Summer Shed Punisher VIP

Reputations:
    I try to forgive but even if I can't I never seek vengeance.

12. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Those of you who let Karma do its work. I would like to introduce myself. "Hi, my name is Karma."

13. Pooh bear

Reputations:
    Yeah totally, this is my problem

14. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Petty bullshit. I let it go..life's too short.
    Something serious? Revenge. Life too short not to.

15. PappYawn

PappYawn Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Looking for ideas, or are we supposed to entertain you?

16. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Forgive or get revenge. :bigthink

Ah who the fuck am I kidding? We know where Papp stands on this subject. :)

17. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Well if it something "minor" then an apology isn't really necessary since we are friends and we all make mistakes. No biggie…..I'm very easy going. Why would I want to be friends with someone that would do something bad enough that I would plot vengeance (your scenario)? No reason to ever go back…….someone that I can't trust or wronged me that heinously is not a friend.

Take my recent ex for example…….I wish no ill will towards her but she totally fucked me over (far worse than anyone else to that point in my life could have) and if she approached me in the future to ask me to forgive her (unlikely) I wouldn't waste my time on her. I owe her nothing and it would serve me no comfort……my life is complete.

Not in a "cinema drama" way but I try to live without regrets. Things happen and I just move on. Sometimes that means just letting relationships go and making the best of today and tomorrow.

18. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Got fucked over 5 times in business - twice by formerly close friends. I didn't forgive or get revenge, I just moved along.

Since then, 4 of 5 have gone bankrupt. Of those, 2 died and 2 were jailed for securities fraud. #5 was my best friend in college and my little brother in the fraternity, I sincerely wish him well...I just don't want to be a part of his life anymore.

19. kingship

kingship Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's very easy for me to remove myself from other people's lives. So much so, it concerns me at times. Before I became a father, vengeance w/ a capital "V." Now, barring anyone hurting my kids, I just remove them from my life.

20. Fa Fa Fruit Fly

Fa Fa Fruit Fly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Alot of it depends on your definition of "fucked over". I don't bother with revenge... it's really true what George Herbert said.. "living well is the best revenge". I am not quick to get angry at people and stuff, but if I do - it's just over.

I remember someone once telling me they had hated me for years for something that happened about 20 years go. I remember thinking how sad it was that they spent all that time hating me. There are people I think are dicks, but nobody I spend time thinking about how they fucked me over.

My cousin is still bitter that her husband ditched her 15 years ago. She can't stop talking about it and still posts stupid motivational shit on facebook every week - like "for someone to love you, you must first love yourself". She's wasted years of her life sweating what he did to her and trying to get every at every step.

Just not worth it.