Disabled Iraq war vet verbally thrashes a supposed "veteran" milking the system.

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Bubbleguts420, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Bubbleguts420

Bubbleguts420 2 word review, shit sandwich

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Jr1kwC0je1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr1kwC0je1Y[/video]

Rep. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill, lost her legs and the use of her right arm as a helicopter pilot in Iraq in 2004. She was awarded a Purple Heart for her combat injuries. Braulio Castillo broke his foot in a prep school injury nearly three decades ago at the U.S. Military Preparatory School, which he attended for nine months before playing football in college. He owns a technology business certified as a service-disabled, veteran-owned company eligible for government set aside contracts. The two met at a House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform hearing Wednesday in an exchange neither will forget anytime soon.

For background, what brought them together was a months-long House probe into whether Castillo’s company won IRS contracts thanks, in part, to help from a top contracting official and friend inside the IRS named Greg Roseman, who pleaded the Fifth Amendment when called to testify.While much of the hearing delved into questions about Roseman and Castillo’s friendship, lawmakers from both parties wondered aloud how a prep school injury suffered so long ago could result in Castillo’s company getting special set aside contract status from the government at a time when so many injured veterans are looking for work. But among hours of testimony, Duckworth’s questioning of Castillo stood out.

Viva La Stool. :hat:

2. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well, somebody knows how to work the system - can't really blame him, hate the game .... :coffee:

3. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I agree with her, but she used her right arm a couple of times in the video... :scratch:

4. DroppingLoads

DroppingLoads New Member Banned User

Reputations:

Fuck that. He is a scumbag and got his just deserved dressing down.

5. jonpow

jonpow Tennessee Jed VIP

Reputations:
    Boots?

6. Bubbleguts420

Reputations:
    That is a first class dressing down too. She kept calm and didn't get emotional.
    I hope that asshole cant sleep at night.

7. TonyJax

TonyJax White Privilege Denied. VIP

Reputations:
    I heard of a case where a Army man had hit a mine while in his vehicle ( active duty, combat zone) and they had to put rods near his spine to keep his back straight.
    Years of operations.
    Still in pain and cant do much physical labor.
    His VA disability rating is less then a service member who suffers from carpal tunnel syndrome.
    I am not saying the carpal tunnel syndrome person does not deserve compensation but a person that was wounded in combat should not be clumped into the same category as a victim of typing.
    I understand the squeaky wheel gets the oil but a wounded combat vet should be considered above office workers.

8. FunnyFarm2

FunnyFarm2 voice of reason VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I think this dude got a $500,000,000 contract

9. squigglyline

squigglyline Double Secret Probation Gold

Reputations:
    ...and he played it well however I would LOVE to see him get penalized in some manner for this. He's a disgusting individual.

10. Mack

Mack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :scared: Please don't let Znigger catch you saying that!! His "employees" had to pull him off a construction worker to keep him from killing him for saying that!

11. Bubbleguts420

Reputations:
    Is anyone here a disabled vet, or know a disabled vet? What is your/their VA disability rating?

12. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    I bet Castillo is a staunch Conservative Republican. :)

13. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    that was something. i love duckworth.

i'm a vet, i worked for the VA and this guy is the lowest of the low. you get a big hand up for federal gubment contracts if you are a vet and more so if disabled. there are punishments in place for abuse but he won't get a scratch. just some angry emails etc.

i'd like to throw him into a vets of foreign wars meeting and lock the door.

14. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    i know a bunch of vets on disability. the monthly, medical marijuana farmer's market, meets at the VFW in phoenix. :leaf:

15. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
  16. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Tammy Duckworth is a hypocrite. She used her disabled status to get elected to Congress and is part of the problem in Wash. DC. She is an ultra-liberal and along with Dick Durbin should both be voted out of Congress.