Disney theme parks prices now require lube for your ass

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Feb 22, 2015.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ANAHEIM – Visiting the Happiest Place on Earth just got more expensive.

With record attendance at its theme parks, Disney said starting Sunday it would raise ticket prices across the board for the Disneyland Resort here and at Walt Disney World in Florida.

An adult one-day ticket to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure will rise from $96 to $99. A one-day park hopper add-on will increase from $54 to $56.

Tickets for children ages 3 to 9 will climb from $90 to $93. A price for a Premium annual pass with parking and no blackout dates will go up 11 percent, from $699 to $779.

Some parkgoers were frustrated, even outraged, at the news, taking to social media to sound off.

"It is kind of ridiculous that Disney is raising admission costs," said Tarisa McGillivray, 27, Orange."It's sad to think you have to spend so much to go to the "Happiest Place on Earth."

Others took the price hike in stride.

"In comparison to say a concert ticket to a well known artist, Disneyland ticket prices are not that high for the level of entertainment you get in the parks," said Andrea Bradshaw, 30, of Corona.

Single-day ticket prices at Disneyland have increased by more than 140 percent since 2000; and 13 percent since Cars Land in Disney California Adventure opened in 2012.

At Walt Disney World, ticket prices broke the $100 mark.

A one-day trip to the Magic Kingdom will now cost visitors $105, up $6. Tickets to one of the other three Florida theme parks – Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios – went from $94 to $97.

“A day at a Disney Park is unlike any other in the world, and there is strong demand for our attractions and entertainment,” said Betsy Sanchez, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman, in a statement. “We continually add new experiences, and many of our guests select multi-day tickets or annual passes, which provide a great value and additional savings.”

The $3 adult ticket bump at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure is on par with Disney price hikes from previous years. One of the main drivers of the price boost is likely record attendance at Disney theme parks.

Though Disney does not release attendan

Below is a full list of the price changes:
    • One-Day, One Park Ticket - $99 (was $96)
    • One-Day, One Park Child Ticket (ages 3-9) - $93 (was $90)
    • Two-Day, One Park Ticket - $185 (was $178)
    • One-Day, Park Hopper Ticket - $155 (was $150)
    • Premium Annual Passport - $779 (was $$699)
    • Deluxe Annual Passport - $549 (was $519)
    • So Cal Annual Passport (unavailable for purchase, only renewals) - $299 (was $289)
    • Annual Pass Parking - $169 (was $159)

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-651965-disneyland-day.html

1Vegasgirl and smichal like this.
  2. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i think its a mistake. rather they should bump up prices on items within the park.

3. chapped

Reputations:

the funny thing is... they have!
    they raise everything every year

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  4. HorseFanNetwork

HorseFanNetwork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    not shocked. If people keep going they will keep raising the prices.

5. chapped

Reputations:
    i would totally agree but in the past they have uses low attendance as an excuse to raise prices to cover lost in attendance revenue

low attendance = price hike
    high attendance = price hike

Disney has a message for its loyal fans

[​IMG]

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It would be a fair price if it included a blow job from Snow White.

7. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    The Haunted Mansion kicked ass,

when I was 11.

8. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I believe the above listed prices are for Americans folks only. The Asians prices are 50% less. At least I think they are because their seem to be 1.5 times as many Asians in Disney World than Americans.

MrWarmth, Skipnoid and BethsBraneCell like this.
  9. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    It's still just a measlesly $100

10. chapped

Reputations:
    fair enough

[​IMG]

TheWonk, John Mahlin and Dorb like this.
  11. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    $600 for a family of four to go stand in 30-40 minute ride lines (where they'll regularly get 'crop dusted' by little non-English speaking Mexican kids)... Pay $47 for a lunch comparable to a McDonalds value-menu... Pay $52 for souvenirs that will fall apart or get lost within a month ..and, then finish off the day by driving home through a crime-ridden Anaheim neighborhood......
    Sounds perfectly logical

12. todd packer

todd packer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "This is now a party!"

[​IMG]

13. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Fuck Disney! We always went here.

[​IMG]

14. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    It looks to be about a 4% increase. For Disney this is a lower than average price increase! Eisner took over about 25 years ago and really started the huge price increases in the 90's. His successor is keeping the spirit of that alive.

You can pay less for multiple days. The more days you buy the less it is per-day. And if you can spare the cash you save even more if you lock in today's prices for future trips by buying them now and putting them in a safe till you go.

I bought 10 day non-expring park hopper passes several years ago. The daily rate works out to $67. My return on investment is 47% over about 5 years vs just showing up and buying passes for a day or two. I've used 2 days so far. But the return even vs buying multiple day passes each trip has got to be better than I could get investing it elsewhere (assuming I was going anyway) at today's interest rates.

The real cost for WDW (not sure about DL) is not even the passes. It's hotels, food, travel, etc. I figure it costs just a couple of us about $600/day to go and stay at a nicer place on-site. So the $3 increase isn't really the problem. $250 mediocre and $450 nice hotel rooms and $3 cokes and $12 hamburger meals are. I can't imagine what a family spends who has to fly in. Yet the fucking place is crowded all the time, which is why they feel they can keep raising rates. People here can't afford to go as much, but foreigners coming has taken up the slack and then some. Maybe the dollar rising will lighten up the foreign business.

When I lived in Florida you could get a seasonal pass and go whenever you wanted outside of peak summer and holidays for about $175 a year. Combined with low travel costs and being able to day-trip there or spend just one night , it was actually cheap. Wait a few years between trips and there's enough new stuff to justify the $$$$. Maybe.

Missypooh RN likes this.
  15. chapped

Reputations:

Disneyland is fun on a slow day.. But when the lines are over 2 hours for some rides the park is a big fuck you to anyone stupid enough to go on a weekend.

You get these families who are now paying $400, $500, $600 to get in... add parking $20+
    One meal will set you back another $100, want popcorn $8+ Jr wants a toy.. fuck you another $20-$50

Then you make the mistake of arriving an hour after the park is open which means Fast Passes are for 3pm and on

Go to Pirates .... 30 min wait. not bad then you go to
    Mansion... another 30 min..
    why not go to Splash Mtn.... oh shit that is a 60 min wait
    what now? Indiana Jones 90 mins
    how about the Peter Pan ride... 40 mins

just getting to the rides takes a shit load of time because of the crowds

lets try Star Tours... fuck 80 mins
    Space Mtn is 90 mins

shit you paid for the park hopper it is getting late and you still haven't gone to the other park

Now every dad you see is super pissed off because he has pissed away a shit load of money is tired
    and hasn't even gone on half of the shit rides he wants to..

Now the kids want to watch Fantastic or World of Color... too late the good spots are taken

The rides are now all at an hour plus...

once again

[​IMG]

16. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I once was asked if I ever went to Disneyland. I said no. My friend said I was UnAmerican.

blindbella and monsoon like this.
  17. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fun to go every so often (Disney World). I like Epcot, for drinking the beers and having dinner in the different countries.

My next trip to Orlando, I'll probably see Universal again and check out the Harry Potter park.

18. monsoon

monsoon Who are you with?

Reputations:
    I've been to the original Disneyland about a million times. But if you haven't been its worth a hundred bucks. Last time I went it was with a friend who was in a cast. We got the handicapped pass and just walked onto everything. We were bored within a few hours. Nowhere to buy a drinky there either. You gotta go to the hotel...and then they know.
    Once me and my sis took acid and went there. Remember the acid that had the mickey mouse dressed as a wizard throwing balls into the air?...we took that and just spun out on tom sawyers island..good times

F mutt

19. chapped

Reputations:

when did you go?
    the handicapped line is always a cluster fuck after 10 am
    and the people waiting look fucking miserable
    and isn't Disneyland cracking down on issuing handicapped passes since the scandal in Florida?

Missypooh RN likes this.
  20. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    I don't blame them. Inflation is creeping up everywhere. I noticed a lot of restaurant menu prices went up over 5-10% in the last year.