Django Unchained KICKED ASS, Robin is just angry

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HooHoo, Jan 7, 2013.

1. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Django Unchained = entertainment gold. And throughout the flick I had Robin's annoying voice in my head, from last week when she called the movie "stupid" and she "didn't like it" .. and because of it I was waiting for it to take a bad turn somewhere and the momentum to be lost but that never came. Awesome beginning to end.

I realize its not for everyone but i suspect all the tongue-in-cheek slavery stuff is what rubbed her self important ass the wrong way. And I sleep better knowing she's humorless and angry as ever behind the facade of endless chemically amplified maniacal cackling as she enters her final days.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    She called it "boring" too. I'm guessing it's not? Hearing nothing but good things from all you guys...I gotta go see this shit now! :coffee:

3. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    No it's not boring. Inglourious Basterds had those long drawn out dialogue scenes but Django is just too long.

I thought it was good but not his best work. Tarantino said that Will Smith was his first pick so I'm not sure how it would have been better without Foxx.

4. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hard to imagine Will Smith in the role, for one he's not even black, or "not black" insofar as Jamie Fox has never been caught at craft service with a plate in one hand, gardenburger in another like has.

Don't get me wrong I like Will Smith of I Am Legend and others, he's had his moments and the upcoming After Earth looks decent but Jamie Fox was awesome as Django and hard to imagine anyone else.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. LVCourtney

LVCourtney Active Member

Reputations:
    I downloaded it and honestly I'm kind of disappointed. I'm watching it again with my boyfriend now...maybe I'll change my mind. Way too long and Jamie Foxx gets on my nerves.

6. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I saw it this weekend, and thought it was really good.
    Granted it's not QT's best, but definitely entertaining.
    Samual Jackson steals every scene he's in - hilarious!