Dmso

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by greyt, Aug 26, 2013.

1. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    is anyone familiar with this stuff and the controversies surrounding it? I picked up a bottle at a local health food store last week and have been using a diluted solution on my knees, which have been sore after years of snowboarding and playing hockey. They almost instantly felt better and I've started using it on all my joints and it's pretty amazing. I hear there's also many other uses for it.

The "conspiracy" part comes in with the pharmaceutical companies who apparently have been running a smear campaign on DMSO for decades, mainly because it's so effective, cheap to produce and difficult to profit off. I'm still researching it and was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

Maybe this belongs in the "Health and Wellness" forum but the conspiracy angle made me post it here.

http://www.sott.net/article/228453-DMSO-The-Real-Miracle-Solution

oddly enough the first time I ever heard about it was many years ago in an old Dead Kennedys song and that is what made me want to buy it when i saw it at the store. punk rock is still changing lives![video=youtube;v_NsMzRp_zc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_NsMzRp_zc[/video]

2. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    A friend was telling me about it the other day. I have an Achilles problem, he highly recommended it.

3. squigglyline

squigglyline Double Secret Probation Gold

Reputations:
    Where did you get it? Online?

4. Skyway

Skyway New Member VIP

Reputations:
    This sounds interesting. I'd like to know more. As I get older joints are hurting that never used to hurt before.

Have there been studies to see if it's safe to use long term? Any known side effects?

5. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm from Canada and you can get it at some health food stores up here. I hear it's much more well known and widely available in Australia and Europe but unfortunately I think it's regulated more harshly in the US, according to the little bit I read. I'm sure you can order it online somewhere.

6. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    originally and still used for horses.