Do Cops Target Blacks?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Miss America, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seems like the next Mike Brown wannabe was approached by campus police, and he was arrested as he failed to identify himself or provide identification. There is a video of his arrest, where he resists and refuses police orders for nearly 10 minutes. Now the local newspaper in NJ is turning into a whole cops targeting blacks thing.

Some stats:
    The statistics for 2011-2012 show that in several Shore communities, blacks accounted for up to 44 percent of arrests in towns where the black population was less than 15 percent of total residents, according to the FBI data.

In 2011-12, 6,768 arrests made and 3,010 were of black suspects, or 44.5 percent, according to USA Today's analysis. Monmouth County has a black population of 7 percent, or about 46,400 residents.

In Wall, a township where just 638 of its 26,100 residents are black, 17 percent of their arrests — 468 of them — were African-Americans.

The story is linked below, with the video of the student resisting arrest, and later being interviewed by the local newspaper. Is it ever going to change in this country? If the cops ever stop me and ask for identification and what I am up to, I comply and be on my way. I have nothing to hide, and I am not interested in testing the limits of my constitutional freedoms.

http://www.app.com/story/news/investigations/2014/11/18/racial-arrest-disparity-nj/19247461/

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  2. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Here's the arrest video.

3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    show us yer tits. :coffee:

JameGumb, Lemmy, reno and 1 other person like this.
  4. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Blacks are animals that commit more crime by percentage and more murder and theft period regardless of population percentage.

They are lazy, violent, confrontational, and stupid. Bad combo

5. Fa Fa Fruit Fly

Fa Fa Fruit Fly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The other side of this story is that the cops stopped him because they had gotten a report from his roommate about an 'altercation' that took place some days prior where the dude resisting arrest had 'confronted' his roommate about some stolen property.

Now I have no idea what that confrontation included, but you don't usually call the cops if someone comes up to you and asks if you know where their missing stuff is. For all I know, the guy in the video threatened to kill the roommate or something. Anyway, it was obviously serious enough that the cops were looking for him. So when they stop him, they want to cuff him and he refuses. Well, AFAIK they are allowed to cuff you if they are concerned about their safety even if they are not formally arresting you (Lemmy?). The guy was aggressive and confrontational and I can totally see the cops being on edge, especially if the guy had threatened his roommate.

I don't see how this is a race issue AT ALL. They got a call on this guy and had been looking for him. What WOULD be a race issue is if they said "ohh, he's black... we better not stop and question him or else he will feel his rights are being violated". Equal protection and all.. his roommate deserves equal protection and investigation as anyone else, whether the perp is black, white or purple.

Making it about race is pathetic and really just an attempt to get off on his behavior by playing the race card.

If 44% of arrests are black people and only 7% of the community is black... the question is not "why are cops going after the blacks?" but "why are 1/14th of the population committing almost half of the crimes?". What do people want - the # of arrests of blacks to match their percentage of the population? So, if blacks are 15% and the cops have already arrested 3 blacks out of 10 people that day, they say "nah, we met our quota... we can't arrest that guy driving on a stolen plate because that would be raysis".

No, THAT would be racist - letting on group get away with crime because they are the "special" skin color.

fredrogers, reno, Goods and 3 others like this.
  6. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If they don't, they should.
    Stats are stats.

ravenrules and cia212 like this.
  7. captbill

captbill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love it when an enwurd is being detained or arrested and claims brutality and one of the officers is black!

8. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll be the overreacting whackjob to say it. There is another civil war coming.

9. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Its the same shit Obama and holder were talking about. Black students get suspended more than white students and they wanted a reexamine of suspension policies so that the numbers reflect population percentages.

Essentially, give blacks even more of a free pass so that we sweep their crimes under the rug.

Whats really scary is that so many black crimes are already swept under the rug to not appear racist or because how many black crimes go unsolved because its a community that frowns on "snitching." Really just unbelievable disgusting people and culture. Just like every white person isnt a genius because we can claim Einstein or Mozart, not every black is a well behaved adjusted member of society because of a few outliers that behave like humans.

fredrogers, isabella and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  10. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    civil disobedience is a time honored tradition in America...the American revolution was an act of civil disobedience...

11. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    In Minneapolis schools they completely stopped suspending kids in the pre-k and early grades while also discussing (or initiating) a policy where a suspension for a black or Latino kid has to be sent to the superintendent for approval because those poor, poor black and Latino kids were being suspended in greater numbers than white kids. Funnily enough while it is being painted as helping minority students it doesn't apply to students of Asian descent since they get suspended even less than white students. I guess they don't count as minorities or something....

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  12. YoYoMama

YoYoMama Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Let's all be clear here. ALL COPS TARGET BLACKS. And, statistically speaking, that is a GREAT crime prevention strategy. This is not discrimination. It is crime prevention and common sense.

fredrogers and NyMarkNy like this.
  13. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Cops target blacks like tornadoes target trailer parks. They don't, but it really seems that way.

14. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

that is a bullshit arrest....

15. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:

i love it on "cops" when they find crack in a perp's pocket and the perp says they're not his pants:backlol2:

Head Censor, JameGumb and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  16. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    Remember, the blaeks are fast, so when you target them, you have to lead them a little more...

Birddog likes this.
  17. al pacinos baby

al pacinos baby Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And they don't know whose pants they are either.

18. al pacinos baby

al pacinos baby Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They should have shot the cameraman.

LobsterTails likes this.
  19. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Tell me what crime I have broke"

20. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations: