Entertainment Do-It-Yourself Home Repair/Remod Help Thread

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Bobby Axelrod, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Bobby Axelrod

Bobby Axelrod Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Last night I had answered a couple questions about a do it yourself project and thought this may be a good place to go for those of you that are about to start a project and may need some basic assistance.

We have a few tradesmen that post here:
    I can answer most of your questions regarding concrete,framing,drop ceiling,drywall and drywall finishing questions and most general repair
    Baddfunn is a master plumber and seems to not have any qualms about helping people out with that
    Ted is an HVAC guy
    Zingger is a carpenter who does rough framing and may do trim (base/crown etc.)also
    Im not sure of any electricians or masons but Im sure there are some around that would dig lending a hand

Edit: DBD and Matty are electricians and Markijuano can help with your structural questions (load bearings,foundations etc.)
    Xyster does carpet installation and munching ,Judsy is a mason,Walleye is our resident concrete man and could give advice on any medical plans for when you fuck yourself up

We could also give you a basic guideline on hiring contractors to do the job that youre preparing for..Material costs and labor vary from state to state but you can get a basic rundown on what you should fork out so you dont get hammered :hhh:

We could also help with the best tools for the job at hand .Who doesnt like talking tools?

2. bdbx18

bdbx18 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What kind of peephole shall I get for a hotel room door that will be easy to switch out, allow me to view the interior from the outside and also be able to use my phone camera with? Asking for a friend.

3. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My question is more insurance related, but a contractor who does this work would know if I'm covered. My builder did a shitty window installation on the brick faced parts of my house. I have leaks. I'm pretty sure that isn't covered, but I can definitely smell mold in my walls. That is covered. Any idea if insurance will pay to tear this apart, get rid of the mold, and redo it correctly?