Do u have to be deemed "certifiably retarded" to be a Train Driver on the East Coast?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Phan Neepack, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How fucking hard is it to slow the fuck down when you approach a turn?? ..These guys must be Unionized to be this incompetent & lazy

Corky could drive better than these yokels

[​IMG]

2. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    NTSB said the train was going 82 MPH on a 30 MPH curve. Impressive! Must have taken driving lessons from Paul Walker. Yes, I know he wasn't driving, but I don't know who was....

3. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Hopefully the Engineer is one of the dead.. He/She doesn't deserve to survive being that irresponsible & stupid

4. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    Nope. The dead were all passengers and they were ejected from the train.

5. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    But lets not turn this into an East Coast/West Coast think K? This shit happens all over the world.

6. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    this story really pisses me off...what a fucken waste.

7. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i have a difficult time with the announcement. I want to hear the engineer admit it.

Politicians lie all the time, and NYS politicians teach the master class in lying. long before there was any idea what the cause was, long before the black box data was recovered, our governor was saying he believed the cause would be excessive speed. Cuomo, who barely can drive a car is suddenly an expert on operating a metro-north commuter train and predicts that the cause will be found to be speeding.. Then within hours all our local grandstanding politicians (eg. Chuck Schumer) just have to get on camera expressing their shock at the speed the train must have been going. Then 4 hours later the NTSB announces it was excessive speed, but they don't know if it was operator error or hardware malfunctions. In the meantime our lord's prophet, Cuomo, announces it was operator error. is that really what happened, or did Cuomo announce a self-fulfilling prophesy?

the engineer has a 15 yr perfect track record specifically driving on that track. no drugs, no alcohol, no health issues, no speeding or unsafe operations instances in his record before but suddenly he decides this weekend to take the curve at 3x the stated maximum speed limit.

i want to hear all the sides.

do we know that the train was functioning correctly? if it turned out the train malfunctioned, who loses? Bombardier? who stands to lose more if the train is at fault? NYS and the northern NY/Canadian Bombardier contracts for rail cars.

why did Bloomberg not make any statements at all? the one politician who really has nothing to lose at this time, who doesn't know how to not open his mouth and stick his foot in it, is suddenly quiet?

so far this story stinks.

8. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    good points new

9. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Very compelling to say the least.