Do we know how many radio stations are still carrying this show?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by JesseUzbekistan, Dec 29, 2013.

1. JesseUzbekistan

JesseUzbekistan New Member

Reputations:
    The one in Tampa is all I've heard. I don't see a list on the official site, which makes me think it must not be too impressive...

2. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    I believe it's just the Bone and WINZ. K-Rock in Ft. Myers dumped the show when they went back to a rock format.

3. JesseUzbekistan

JesseUzbekistan New Member

Reputations:
    Wow, if that's the case, you have to wonder what the point is of keeping those two stations. Are they really making enough money off of them to justify the restrictions of being on over-the-air radio?

4. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    I think they should've dumped the radio portion when Nick left and they re-branded and just had an uncensored TV show and audio stream. But I'm only an occasional listener and stopped listening regularly when the Bone dumped Spice as the lead in.

5. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm surprised it never had a NYC station, since it's done in NY. :facepalm:

6. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah it makes me think they just don't think it's that important any more. These airway radio stations don't make as much money as they used to.

They had that big billboard of Nick and Artie in Times Square. They were a radio show, but they weren't on the radio in New York.

But, that was an ad for Direct TV. The media business dynamic is just different now. Pay TV and internet are where a lot of people go for shows now. If DirecTV has money, is making money, and is getting sponsors doing things the way they are then I suppose it doesn't really matter to them how they go about it, as long as there is money coming in.

It makes me feel kind of old knowing that radio is kind of dieing. When I was a kid radio and airway tv were basically what shaped my public consciousness. You just flipped it on and listened. We have the internet now, which is kind of the same thing, but obviously internet radio does not have the same impact on the culture as air radio did. There are just so many options on the internet, we are all scattered now doing our own thing.

7. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If the networks think they are going to make money off the internet, they're really delusional. I haven't paid for a single show, album, or movie since 2000. Even the .01% that are worth paying for.
    Radio did it to themselves. Most stations don't even have real DJ's anymore. It's just a Musak service with a canned DJ that's on 500 stations.

The only source of income for the hook nosed retards is the dwindling few who still buy from iTunes and Netflix. :jj:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  8. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    I sound like an old fuck, but I hate podcasts versus real radio. The live sponteniety, real callers who just tuned in, the necessity of scheduling & moving topics along to fit the time restrictions.

Podcasts are like Stern on Sirius, a bunch of directionless meandering that needs an editor. And it feels so contrived these guys record to nothingness, sit on the show for a day or two, then post it when they've had the ability to ruminate on the content. Live radio I know when they hit the dump, podcasts they have total control of shaping everything without our knowledge.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  9. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    The only way The Bone could keep me from regularly tuning out of their declining shows is giving Garabo the full 24 hours. Drew 102.5 and I'm locked even while I sleep, maybe give RadioKayla an hour on weekends.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  10. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    Technically its on 750 the game in portland, Or. They play a abbreviated version of it that starts at like 2 am on weekends. I was driving one night and was shocked to here it. The old nick and artie show was 7-10 on it so shows hows the show has fallen.

11. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Too many goddamn commercials on "real" radio. I can just FF thru them on podcasts. I don't give a shit about hearing callers on a show. The host should be entertaining enough.

12. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    First of all, forget your archaic fast-forward, Stern was posted on the net "commercial free" since I was 10 years old in 1998, you should've figured out by now that all "real" radio shows can be procured through means we can't talk about (but even dar.fm is legal if you want to "fast forward" like you're used to).

In fact, that's another reason podcasts suck, I'm used to 100% commercial free, not this pseudo occassionally-commercial-free where the commercials are twenty decibels louder because podcasts don't have radio compression.

Oh, and basically all "real" radio shows "podcast" their shows right after they air live, only Stern is a douchebag about that shit. You see Artie does it, they all do.

A good host should know how to make stupid or irregular callers enhance his show. Think of how many of the whack-pack originated as callers. And if you've never heard a classic Loveline with Carolla destroying a caller I don't know what to tell you.

And any host could sound like a drone when they're only talking to themselves with no other voices.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  13. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thank you Lord of Technology I never could have figured that out.

14. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    You're the one who was bitching about commercials like it's 1983 there, douche nozzle, how was I supposed to glean that you apparently meant the complete opposite of what you wrote?

15. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The show is not on WINZ in Miami anymore. They got rid of it a while back but it's carried on some other Palm Beach station now.