Sports Do You Behave at Your Kids Sporting Events?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Divorce Chicken, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    My kid's 5th grade tackle football team got screwed by the refs in a playoff game this week. Bad call on an extra point run led to a 13-12 loss. One of the fathers was going nuts, screaming and yelling at the refs.

I kind of learned my lesson last year when cheating was discovered I and a gave a bunch of shit to the league commissioners. :giggle:

How do you behave?

Jayla likes this.
  2. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Like a wrestling groupie.

ClintDagger likes this.
  3. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    But seriously, I find this behavior so bizarre and unladylike. I spend way too much time on my hair to throw down with some butch just because of an unfair call.

4. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Have had fathers yell at me and one go after me in the parking lot screaming at me. Pretty much shut up when I walked straight towards him, not caring his friends were around him. Sports parents are a different breed I guess today.

Recently a parent spit on a coach at a league game I was not at. Sad stuff. I really feel for the kids. They are just out their trying to have fun. They don't need hat. Parents ruin so much stuff.

Too many sad pathetic parent stories to post about.

IfTheyOnlyKnew, reno and Jayla like this.
  5. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I coached every sport for 10+yrs. I kept the parents in check.

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  6. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Also, I do think about stopping games today to confront the parents so I can make an example out of them and embarrass them for being immature and ruining their child's fun, but I DO NOT want to put that on their child or embarrass the poor kid in front of the teams and place, so I just to do it in private when the kids are in the locker room after the game.

Bottom line is, let the children have fun. They have no worries at this time in their life and they are just having fun with friends and teammates and learning a sport.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  7. McLennison

McLennison VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I used to umpire Little League. The mothers were fine but some of the fathers were off the charts loony. I learned an effective comeback from a fellow ump. When I'd finally have enough of their act I stopped the game and pointed at the trouble maker and state very loudly "You seem to know everything about baseball. Why don't you tell everyone how the Infield Fly rule works?" One guy actually knew. But all the others stood out like the jerks they were.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
  9. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    that's 50% of the reason i want a kid one day, so i can yell at/threaten his coaches/umpires/refs

maroon and Divorce Chicken like this.
  10. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When my kids played Little League I was supportive when they were at bat or in the field. But mostly I was checking out the moms and hoping that the game was quick so I could get out of there.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  11. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My thermal flask is usually full of booze, I'm semi-comatose halfway through my kids sporting events. Little kids are shitty players, so it's kind of boring anyway. They can't help it they're small and stupid, so I would never scream at them or the referees. Parents all think their little brats are going to play professional sports and it's not going to happen, so kid's sports is kind of a farce to begin with.