Do you believe in Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by dawg, Aug 7, 2013.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    I believe that there are many things we dont know. To think otherwise would be asinine.

2. Tommy

Tommy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You mean that you believe that some of the dis-embodied souls of dead people hang around places, things or people instead of going where all the other disembodied souls go?

3. dawg

Reputations:
    I think there is some unexplained shit going on. I have felt some shit in my lifetime.

4. pheelios

pheelios Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This topic deserves an Art Bell thread :up:

5. dawg

Reputations:
    :scratch:

We are in the Art Bell forum,

6. pheelios

Reputations:
    I'm really tired :c

7. Tommy

Tommy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I see...

what did you feel?

8. dawg

Reputations:
    But do you believe in ghosts?

9. pheelios

Reputations:
    Absolutely, I definitely do.
    When I was a kid back in the 70's I swore off Ouija Boards because of them.
    I asked a spirit a "silent question" during a Ouija session and the spirit/ghost answered the question correctly. (the silent question I asked during my turn was "what is my birthday") [​IMG]

10. dawg

Reputations:
    Art Bell himself has warned people about Ouija boards. I would never play around with one myself.

11. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I have to say Dawg, ever since I saw 2001 as a teenager, I've wondered about the relationship of space to any possible afterlife. It's so vast, and we understand so little of it, I kind of wonder if in some way you might go on existing out in the vastness of it, or maybe even in another dimension. Probably you just rot in the ground, but if there is some kind of a residual consciousness left when you die I'd say it's out there, so I think that's why aliens and space interest me a lot more than a biblical idea of the afterlife. So if we're talking about ghosts as in your soul just hanging around on earth, nah, but if ghosts as in whatever is left of you breaking through into our world/dimension (maybe being miscontrued as something alien, even) I'd say it's definitely possible.

12. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    Those things are freaky. I had one tell me my wife's initials in like 8th grade. I hadn't met her yet and didn't know anyone with those initials. I passed it off as bullshit and completely forgot about it until long after we were married.

True story. :chair:

13. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    No, because these GHOST SHOWS actually prove they are fake....

They always turn off the lights even though the people say they see "ghosts" during daytime hours or daytime tours.

The people say they see actual crystal clear people standing around but "ghost" hunters only get "orbs" and shadows.

The ghosts on their tapes speak perfect English with an American accent even when they were onetime doing a hunt in Mexico talking to a famous Mexican born prisoner from the 1800's. :backlol: :backlol:

14. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Also some of these "ghost" hunters talk about devils, hell and demons but don't believe in God. How do you have the Devil and Hell, if God doesn't exist???

I guess it's the same thinking that all international ghosts speak English. :snicker:

15. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I agree with you on that front, something more like this is what I was referring to. :jj: [video=youtube;GLZdnR7Nkus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLZdnR7Nkus[/video]
    [video=youtube;L-4liT2Mmww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4liT2Mmww[/video]

If time is just a variable, then it seems possible my past and future selves could keep projecting into the present when I'm dead.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  16. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    I came close to using a Ouija board when I was a kid with my cousin, thankfully I didn't. Read hundred of stories of shit happening to people. You have think and ask yourself are all these people making shit up just for the sake of it? I think there has to be some truth to shit happening to people.

17. dawg

Reputations:
    Hey bro long time no see. How are you?

18. Caster Fly

Caster Fly New Member Banned User

Reputations:

I agree with the real premiss of this thread!

I also think anyone that disagrees with me is asinine! :lo5:

19. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    I dressed up as a gypsy and told fortunes at a Halloween party once. Freaked people out. True story.

20. PiggyMohammad

PiggyMohammad Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I have always been a sceptic. And I still think television shows about ghosts are bullshit.

But many years ago I worked the night shift in a big medical company in Denmark. In the night only few departments where running, so the factory went from 1000 people to 30 people. I was a technician and had to repair if any of the machines broke down in the night. All of the departments where placed 30 to 200 meters from each other and the giant factory was placed on a big field with no nearby neighbours.
    [​IMG]
    When they build the factory they discovered and old Iron age village. The iron age in Denmark runs from 500bc to 850ad. Another discovery from that from that age is the famous Tollund man.

One of the departments within the factory I had to service was very far from other people. Only 2 persons worked there. An old woman and an young woman. First time I had to go repair their machine I had a strange experience. It was normal for every department to have their radios playing loud music to keep people awake and drown the noise from the machines. When I arrived, I talked to the women, then suddenly the music stopped. I went on with my repairs and finally asked them who stopped the music? The old woman said it was the ghost. Sometimes he kicks a big plastic box 10 meters down towards me or turns the music down. But I just tell him to stop it!
    I thought they where making fun of me so I did not pay any attention.
    About 2 months later I went to eat my lunch at 03:00 in the night. I saw one of the employees sitting smoking (which is illegal inside) and crying with 10 people huddled around him comforting him. I knew him well. A big guy who thought all the ghost talk was just bullshit from crazy women. He told me he wanted to get a cigarette, so he went outside through a door facing the big field. While smoking he saw a man with a big white beard coming towards him from the field. Not a glowing transparent ghostly figure, but a real man. He was very old, wore Iron age clothing and carried an axe. My colleague was paralysed with fear and could do nothing while the bearded man walked by him and stared into his eyes with ice blue angry eyes.
    All the time I was working there I saw nothing. But I know the man who saw the ghost was honest about his experience.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013