Do You Dream in Color?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by CowboyX, Jun 11, 2013.

1. CowboyX

CowboyX Member

Reputations:
  2. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Yes.

But not of coloreds.

3. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I dream in color, I dream in red...can't find a better man.

4. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    :console:

I've never had a black and white dream. Always in color. :dontknow:

5. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    It's how creative people dream, yo.

6. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Years ago, I was on the patch to quit smoking and holy fuck! The vivid dreams i would have... Whoa.

I even had some lucid dreams while I was on that and could remember not only vivid details but I'd also remember the transitions between dreams, like one moment I was on a skateboard and the next minute I was flying, but I remember how I got from the skateboard to into the air.

Freaky shit, yo.

7. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Dream myths are fun.

You can't dream in color. Bullshit.

You can't read in a dream. Also bullshit. Sometimes reading is impossible for me in a dream, but I've also had dreams that involved reading signs, name tags or t-shirts and shit like that.

They say you can't die in a dream, but I knew a girl who claimed that it'd happen to her all the time and she was haunted by it. I used to think that peeing in a dream was bad news because, anytime I pee'd in a dream as a kid, I woke up with wet sheets. But every now and then, as an adult, I find myself peeing in a dream and it's only after I'm done that I wake up and have to pee for real.

In high school I came across this theory that most dreams are a product of unfinished thoughts from earlier in the day/week. I've come to buy into that theory wholeheartedly. I can usually trace any weird dreams back to shit I thought about earlier, but was either interrupted or moved on without concluding my thoughts.

8. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Years ago, I had a bit of a drinking problem, lets say. I was drinking a 1.75 liter bottle of JD every two days. It didn't last long...it was a spell of a few weeks to a month, but it was a bitch to break because it got to the point where I'd get the DTs if I didn't have a drink in an hour or so.

Anyway, when I finally tried to kick it cold turkey, it was hell. I couldn't sleep for a few days and when I closed my eyes I'd hallucinate. After day three I'd finally be able to grab a few hours of sleep and it was the most lucid, trippy experience ever. I could wake up on command and fall back to sleep the second my eyes were closed. But I was fully alert in my dreams. I knew I was dreaming and I could manipulate my dreamscape on command. I was even able to conjure up old recurring dreams that I had as a kid and turn the table on 'em. I remember going to woods to go hunt and try kill Jason Vorhees...something that I've been having nightmares of since I was 7.

It lasted about a week and then my body normalized. But it was some crazy shit while it lasted.

9. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Nicotine patch dreams are full of surprises.

10. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Still drinking?

11. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    You mean like dreaming you're mowing your lawn and go past an empty, in-ground pool you've never had before? Oh and at the bottom of the inground pool was a patio table, chairs and oh: Dick Clark. :jj:

And then someone entered the dream with a shotgun. :chair: