Do you like Brian Jones on the show?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by IlluminatiJones, Jan 27, 2013.

?

I've already asked the question! :mad:

Poll closed Feb 3, 2013.
  1. yes

69.0%
  2. no

31.0%
  1. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I enjoyed his first couple of appearances back in the early days of the N&A show, but his "act" wore really thin really quickly for me.

internet, your thoughts?

2. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Cant stand em, he completely embodies the annoying, loud, attention seeking nig nog stereotype. Adds nothing to the show and uses his size to bully people knowing that they aren't gonna talk shit to him and tell him to shut the fuck up when he's not letting them get a word in. Hope to never see his half retarded face again.

3. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    He gives it all he's got and doesn't hold back, but I don't see the point in having him on if Nick's not there.

I'm curious to see how long his own show lasts if he's like that all the time.

4. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I think It's the mangria on set that gets him going plus Rick's typical green with envy attitude to a guy who is black, better athlete, and more successful in media than him.

[video=youtube;wID9GCaJS-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wID9GCaJS-8[/video]

[video=youtube;iZWhumSrPpo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZWhumSrPpo[/video]

5. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    Dude's awesome. Easily one of my favorites. No matter how boring the show is before he gets there, it's go time when he gets to the table. He doesn't take himself seriously like most athletes and just has a ball when he's on. He doesn't give a shit about being politically correct. Hell how many guests would talk about buying their ex new tits? You know it's easier for Artie when you have a guest like Jones than most of these boring aholes.

I also think that Damien comedian from the other night fits more of that stereotype (I also hate it) than Jones. He's just a good ole country boy having fun on the show.

6. Brew

Brew Member

Reputations:
    At first I didn't like him, but I now I do. I also like him more that Nick isn't there to turn the whole segment into a political argument. He brings a lot of energy to the show and Artie seems to like him a lot.

7. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Once a month or every 3 weeks or so stopping by, no problem, every week, no way

8. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like Brian, I agree, every 3-4 weeks he's good. And that pretty much goes for all the "regular" guests. I think with Nick gone his segments will be a lot better and flow a lot smoother. Not so forced.

Of course he's a football guy, so football season is when you really want him on, he'd be on more frequently then. He really does know college football inside out, no doubt about that. That's when you'd put him on more often.

But then I also think he could be somebody that hangs out every now and then, just randomly, and mixes it up with the other guests. I like that the show is doing that now.

9. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I voted yes. But spaced out over the course of weeks, as MPA said.

His first 2 or three call-ins were great, but his first in-studio was one of the greatest radio shows I've ever heard in my life. Perfect guest for the show, I'd hate to see him co-host.

10. Rawdog

Rawdog Member

Reputations:
    no. way too loud for me

11. QwikSand

QwikSand Member

Reputations:
    I voted yes. He was excellent early on before the new studio but lately, while still good, he has been on too much. However if they space it out to once a month or so it'd be more fresh.

12. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Is there some CBS (radio) connection to Artie's show?

A lot of CBS screws on the show lately.

Gunnar,
    "The term screw is from that old James Cagney movie Artie used to quote"

13. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    pastsy tits is bringing over all his buddies from cbs cable