Do You Think Artie's Suicide Attempt Scares Guests

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by ThreeOldYentas, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ThreeOldYentas

ThreeOldYentas New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Honestly, talk about an awkward situation, lol.

Like if Jimmy Kimmel tried to kill himself, I think that some guests would stop showing up.

2. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm sure a lot of potential guests find out he was on Stern (if they didn't know) so they already think it's going to be an uncomfortable, sleazy interview. The suicide attempt/years of drug problems can't encourage them to do the show either

3. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Probably at first yeah, not so much now I wouldn't think

4. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Artie has grown from the experience. However, we have seen Orlando Jones, who hasn't seen Artie for over a decade, catching up after the suicide attempt now that he's sober. They seem to genuinely care for each other.

I think the time the show is on is the biggest roadblock in getting guests. The reason the main staple of the show is working/touring comics making guest appearances is because comics keep that kind of schedule on a daily basis.

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I think Artie just doesn't care that much. He probably has some incompetent moron as the booker and just wants to get in and get out each night without too much hassle arguing about the guests. He doesn't strike me as the type of person who would storm in one day and start cutting people for being incompetent. If that were the case, most of the current staff would be gone. There are too many washed up celebrities who I'm sure would love to come on (and who would be huge upgrade from what the show gets now) to use the late time as an excuse.

6. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I agree, I don't think Artie cares at all. He shows up last minute, really does not do any preparation, eats for three hours and gets a big check every week. If he gave a shit, he would fire the idiots and start booking talent that people know or at least are interesting. I think Artie would love to get this over with. He is a great radio personality but, he needs some talent to work with and bounce off. I don't understand this Richie guy. He is dumb as a rock and adds nothing to show other than a warm body to sit there with a bad haircut. Wow, after reading my own post, I guess I really don't like the show any longer.