do you think Howard knows about toxoplasmosis?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by greyt, Aug 14, 2013.

1. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this seems like the kind of thing that would drive him crazy and maybe he'd stop it with all the cats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

The parasite Toxoplasma gondii, which sexually reproduces only in cats, is known to cause behavioral modifications in rodents that induce them to seek out cats.[SUP][6][/SUP] This parasitic effect is thought to be an evolutionary adaptation. Previously thought to be mostly benign in humans, with up to a third of the world's population infected, recent studies implicate the parasite in numerous psychiatric disorders, including schizophrenia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and autism.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][1][/SUP] [SUP][2][/SUP] The term Crazy Cat Lady Syndrome draws on both long seeded cultural stereotype and popular cultural reference.

2. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
  3. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if 1/3 of the world is infected and it causes any of those problems, there would statistically be many more cases. You can't use a recent rise in any of those categories as the disease has been around as long as cats have. Think about it, if 1/3 already have TP I would expect a large coincidence of people with those listed issues to also have TP. Even more so when you take into account how many that suffer from those issues are on the streets living with animals without the best hygiene.

4. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not worried about it myself but it seems like something that would get into Howard's head and make him crazy with all the cats around him. Unless his paranoia and OCD are shtick.

5. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Someone should tweet Howard to remind him that those soft little cat paws on his face were just burying urine and feces in dirty litter.

6. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Beth would just tell him that all the kitties were tested for TP already ... OR Howard is fucked as he's been telling Beth she can't be prego with her cats around because of TP.

7. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    we both know neither of them are going near a litter box so it probably doesn't matter anyway

8. noname2

Reputations:
    I have worked with kids that contracted TP in utero. The result is not favorable.

9. Wigward Hairhat

Wigward Hairhat Active Member

Reputations:
    I'd wager he keeps the cats segregated in one wing of his mansion that he never visits. He probably insists on Beff washing her face & hooves after playing with them though.

10. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Oh agreed, it has horriboe effects. I was just pointing out that if Howard were using the baby or the cats approach that he'd be fucked if he had to worry on his brain as well.

11. noname2

Reputations:
    But what about her tongue?