Politics Does academia consider IQ a social construct? Is Racism inherited or does IQ levels play a part?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Mar 3, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Before you comment please watch the video, this is not a right wing or left wing opinion piece, it simply asks the question what IQ levels play a part in modern politics and society.

Avery likes this.
  2. crazycreep

crazycreep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. The Bloody Nine

The Bloody Nine VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Scalia may have read some of these studies:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

The large IQ gap referenced in many of these studies of more than a standard deviation likely means democrat voters have substantially lower IQs on an aggregated basis given demography. However many who claim to love science and data will flee from and discount it when it deals with uncomfortable subject matter. Generalizations are just that, but data is data.

Evolution favored different traits in different environments which is pure Darwinism. I'm jealous that the Jews have the IQ belt but as a euromutt at least we took bronze.

NyMarkNy and dawg like this.
  4. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    potato

The Snork and SomerSky like this.
  5. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hard core left wing politics and intelligence is linked because universities are mostly leftist and condition students to be so...hence those with degrees tend to be left leaning.

It's why it's so funny when some extreme left winger says "I'm educated" in that super condescending way.

ravenrules, Stretch5000 and check1 like this.
  6. dawg

Reputations:
    Thus the assumption that 4 year degree factories somehow raise IQ levels and make one an expert in street smarts per say.

7. VarmintSam

Reputations:
    I would love to wipe my ass with my degree and mail it back to the school and get a refund.

8. dawg

Reputations:
    It happens on both sides of Isle in our society, we have people screaming at the top of their lungs that they are the smartest. When you see those people just laugh, that's what I do.

People that assume they are somehow better and smarter than others will be the first ones to censor you.

9. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A kid I knew (who is muslim Turkish) went into the army and became an interrogator. They trained this kid in real world psychology. By 22 he could break anyone emotionally at will....or calm them down.

He made a great point about him having a superior education. He didn't waste time pouring over philosophy...debating Freud.... They just drilled him in what is proven to work and then put him high pressure situations where he had to succeed or else. His spoiled sister thought she was "smarter" because she knew all the trivia questions on the test while he didn't know Freud was a coke head.

Our education system contains a lot of spam.

Fillmore Fingers and Stretch5000 like this.
  10. dawg

Reputations:
    You hit the nail on the head right here my friend. I think that any person that finds himself an expert on dealing with people is far Superior than those that don't.

stanggirl and Abner Devereaux like this.
  11. Habsfan

Habsfan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    On average stupid people are less tolerant and more racist in my experience anyway

12. VarmintSam

Reputations:
    Tolerance has a limit, french canadian surrender monkey.

Stag likes this.
  13. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Great video.

And for anyone that parades the studies, the psychology studies this video undresses...

Let me add fuEl to the fire.

2/3rds of these studies can't be replicated. That's why the soft "sciences" aren't really science. Science demands replication.

dawg likes this.
  14. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anyone with an IQ of 80 and above can tell you Howard Stern sucks

dawg likes this.
  15. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Scientists have been keeping a secret from the world due to social correctness and pressure from various underprivileged minorities. But given another few thousand years all the major races if left to themselves would have become separate species of humans. There are definite genetic differences between the races and that is what science has not been talking about.

ravenrules likes this.
  16. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    Sounds interestin', but I ain't watchin' no 20 minute video, yo.
    :chimp:

17. loogaroo

loogaroo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    alot of weak generalizations imo. this is clearly geared towards angry white douchebags

gandhi was definitely a racist, but changed his whole philosophy after becoming influenced by leo tolstoy when he was middle aged. they became pen pals & tolstoy was sort of like a mentor. dunno why anyone would defend his racism.

"italians are emotive people", "this asshole japanese psychologist proves that high iq's & conservatism go together" :blabla:

this is a really good book about how measuring iq's is overrated

[​IMG]

Droog likes this.
  18. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    The idea that IQs developed in human beings on different continents at exactly the same rate is pretty ridiculous when you think of it.

MadWoman777 and The Snork like this.
  19. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Given a few thousand more years, everyone would look pretty much the same and you wouldn't be talking about race because there would be no such thing. We've only had a little over a century of the kind of communication and transit needed to make mixing easy. Before that, it was long rides on horses or by crappy ship. Today's globalization has made for more mixing of races than ever. I look at my own family history. My great grandparents were the start of "mutts" in our family. By the time me and my sister were born, we could only be classified as American. We had Croatia, UK, Italy, France, and I can't remember what else on our family tree. Remember this scene? It's not far off base. Races in close proximity will mix. And now that it's more socially acceptable than ever, you'll only see it accelerating.

20. dawg

Reputations:
    Lets look at another way. Is our percieved IQ level tied to convience and technology?

Put a man with a high IQ level in Africa he will become a native. unless of course you think he has the ability to create all the modern technology all on his own. People are self riotous arrogant ass holes. Send them back to the stone age and they become helpless.

We can claim the higher levels of IQ all day long sitting in our easy chair looking for answers on our Ipads. The fact is very few people invent technology that advances the world.