does anyone have a vet they want to remember?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by cetiya, May 24, 2015.

1. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    I wish to honor PFC Jack F. A beloved brave young marine who died serving his country. I speak your name jack. Semper fi!

2. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    I wish to honor PFC Jack F. A beloved brave young marine who died serving his country. I speak your name jack. Semper fi!

3. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No one in particular. This picture pretty much sums up everything for me.

[​IMG]

4. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do you mean a DECEASED vet in honor of Memorial Day?

5. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:

I guess it doesn't have to be a dead vet, just anyone you wish to honor.

6. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    HN Dustin Burnett age 19 navy corpsman "devil doc" died while serving in Farah Afganistan 2008 . He loved the military and talked about it all day every day.

[​IMG]

7. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nah. I'm a vet. Save that for Veterans Day.

Today is for the fallen.

8. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

I always thought Michael Strank was kind of heartbreaking.

Fought through some of the nastiest shit in WWII. Fought in the Pacific. Utterly hellish theater of that war. Hellish.

Man's man. Led his boys with grit and determination. Helped raise the flag over Iwo Jima in the iconic picture.

The epitome of bravery, leadership and manliness.

Dead at 25.

Likely a virgin. Just like millions of other young men. Gave everything for their country and died without one of the most basic and wonderful things that makes us human.

9. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Frank Luke. Local boy, for me. We even have a base, here in Phoenix, named for him.

His family emigrated from Germany. But when America entered WWI, he went to fight.

Arrogant. And an aerial poet. He took on balloons that documented ally positions. He disobeyed orders and was still respected by his fellow pilots.

On his last flight, though grounded. He took off to fight. He was downed behind enemy lines. Grabbed his guns and went out fighting.

10. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My father.
    He was one fucked up son of a bitch after serving on the U.S.S. Enterprise during World War II.

The Enterprise was a troop & equipment carrier that allegedly suffered more damage than any other carrier operating in the Pacific.
    They dropped off troops & ammo & equipment to the South Pacific islands held by the Japs at that time.
    Like Iwo Jima.
    Struck numerous times by those drug crazed kamikaze Jap pilots.

My dad suffered from what is now known as PTSD & suffered from it the rest of his life.
    Hell to live with & one scary son of bitch but he was a loyal friend and one tough bastard.

11. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    My great Grandfather fought in the Boer War...think about that...he died at the age of 93 around 1976-77. I was just a kid. He lied about his age and joined at 16. Got shot and they found out his real age and discharged him. He had all these faded tattoos he got in the war that he hated and as a result he always wore long sleeves in public. I used to like to hear his stories.

12. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

There is a nineteen year old Japanese pilot, Setsuo Ishino, in that bird. About to strike the USS Missouri in service of his country.

He gave all. even though he was not on our side.

His aircraft glanced off the side of the Missouri. Leaving a gash that is still there today. There was, thankfully, no collateral damage on our side. The pilot was the sole vicitm.

Captain William M. Callaghan decided that it was time to honor the fallen warrior. His crew organized a makeshift Japanese flag - as is tradition to drape the body for a burial at sea - and the young pilot was buried with honor and dignity.

I think that says a lot about our boys.

13. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    A million and a half very young men died in our country's wars- a figure that barely gets a mention in the nation's public school history books.

We are not worthy.

14. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    my uncle Bernie
    21 years U.S.Army 50'-71'
    Korea 50-53
    then stateside till Vietnam
    70'-71'

15. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Posthumous Medal of Honor recipient.

Well worth the read:

Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty:Sergeant First Class Paul R. Smith distinguished himself by acts of gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty in action with an armed enemy near Baghdad International Airport, Baghdad, Iraq on 4 April 2003. On that day, Sergeant First Class Smith was engaged in the construction of a prisoner of war holding area when his Task Force was violently attacked by a company-sized enemy force. Realizing the vulnerability of over 100 fellow soldiers, Sergeant First Class Smith quickly organized a hasty defense consisting of two platoons of soldiers, one Bradley Fighting Vehicle and three armored personnel carriers. As the fight developed, Sergeant First Class Smith braved hostile enemy fire to personally engage the enemy with hand grenades and anti-tank weapons, and organized the evacuation of three wounded soldiers from an armored personnel carrier struck by a rocket propelled grenade and a 60mm mortar round. Fearing the enemy would overrun their defenses, Sergeant First Class Smith moved under withering enemy fire to man a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on a damaged armored personnel carrier. In total disregard for his own life, he maintained his exposed position in order to engage the attacking enemy force. During this action, he was mortally wounded. His courageous actions helped defeat the enemy attack, and resulted in as many as 50 enemy soldiers killed, while allowing the safe withdrawal of numerous wounded soldiers. Sergeant First Class Smith's extraordinary heroism and uncommon valor are in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit upon himself, the Third Infantry Division "Rock of the Marne," and the United States Army.

16. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My Grandfather, Marek George Pzegeo...shortly before his plane went down over New Guinea in 1943.

[​IMG]

17. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Micheal Sullivan of Phoenix Arizona......Boatswains Mate, First Division, USS Forrestal CV-59.........Killed in an auto accident while on duty 1979.......
    A great guy, And a good friend........Never forget you Brother..........

18. N Copter

N Copter Shot Dead Banned User

Reputations:
    We are worthy. The schools aren't.

19. TonyJax

TonyJax White Privilege Denied. VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Mike Murphy.