Does Howard really see a therapist?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MobyDick, Feb 26, 2012.

1. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've been listening off and on since 1996, more diligently since coming to SIRIUS, and I can't remember any proof that he actually sees a shrink other than what comes out of Howard's mouth. Is this also schtick?

2. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If he does they have to be the worst therapist of all time, or they're fleecing howard into going without actually helping him. I mean look at the guy.

3. sfsn kali

sfsn kali Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he was seeing a couples' therapist with Allson for a couple of years (or so) before they split.

Frankly, I don't see the point of lying about this.

4. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Of course he is...but that therapist has bought a summer home and a large yacht with Howies issues. Why cure him? He probably needs to send his kids to college at this point.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  5. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Who else is he going to talk to? His wife? She's so fucking dumb that the only way they can bond is splitting a bottle of wine while looking at Page Six and the Enquirer like a couple of chicks and doing photo shoots because that and red carpet events is all that broad is good for.

6. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Yes and he is on medication but will deny it till death. I would guess he is on Zoloft and Xanax.

7. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It seems like his therapist is deliberately making him worse.

8. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think he does - Howard would probably mention the guy's name if he could get a discount, but that is outweighed by his fear that someone would break into the therapist's office and get access to the files on his sessions with Howard.

9. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hadn't thought of that. While he's paying for his therapist's 50-minute hour, Howard can speak about anything he chooses, without interruption. Due to Beth's partial retardation, there no hope of semi-intelligent conversation at home, so he buys it.

10. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Therapy is one thing but 3-4 times a week like Howchie claims is total bullshit. If he were seeing a therapist that much he would be in a psych ward somewhere.

11. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I always believed him when he said he refused meds, but it would explain his 180 degree turn around on everything

12. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think it's the only explanation...............................he has lost large portions of his personality over the last decade or so, and whatever was left, like you said, he's done a 180 on. He's literally been turned inside-out and upside-down. The only way that happens is via pharmaceuticals.

But he's not just taking regular anti-depressants.....................they've got to be laced with something.................estrogen, Mark Harris' sperm..................something that's adding a healthy dose of effemination, if not downright "fag", to his unholy transformation.

13. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    From Natural News: "Seven Things Your Psychiatrist Doesn't Want you to Know"

"1. Making money is priority #1.

Of course, you can't hold this against anyone. Health practitioners need to make a living, too. More power to them if they do it while helping others, right? Maybe. The dirty little secret in mental health, however, is that some clients are treated as cash cows. Here is how it works.

A person with means to pay for therapy, Martha, enters counseling in hopes of getting to the root of problems and making some changes. The counselor arranges for weekly visits at $125 per hour. Great.

Two visits into the treatment the counselor discovers just what Martha needs to solve the problem at the heart of her dilemma.This could be a short-term gig. Not so fast. The counselor decides to hold off. Martha may not be "ready" for the solution yet.

The same logic applies when the counselor has constructive criticism or challenging feedback for Martha. Hold off. Let's not offend her. She pays my bills! Let's keep her around as long as possible."

http://www.naturalnews.com/035067_psychiatrist_profiteering_mental_health.html#ixzz1nbKMzOSH

14. CFStern

CFStern New Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if he talks about his guilt over abandoning his wife and daughters for a vapid famewhore.

15. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Guilt? He doesn't seem to have any guilt.

16. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah he is most likely on some type of anti-depressant, but if he is really going to therapy 3 to 4 times a week, all these years he must be a complete emotional wreck. Believe me he wouldn't spend any more than necessary, and he is too savvy to be completely "fleeced" this long by anyone at this point. If you really need that much therapy, I can't understand why you wouldn't be on meds. I guess it's just another lie.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  17. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:

Dawg you're definitely on to something...The castrated one has admitted on the air to having OCD...so it wouldn't surprise me that he's taking drugs for this disorder...

Narcissistic and a drug addict

:jj:

18. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Don't forget Ambien.

19. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Begs to differ.

[​IMG]

20. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe Celexa?