does HSS use a 7 second delay?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Javaforgotme, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I recall that Howard implemented a seven second delay (or some delay) on Sirius. Does anyone know if this is still in effect?

I ask because I was listening to a playback of one of last weeks shows. A caller called in and you could hear his Sirius feed and it was apparent that there was no delay - maybe a second - but that is just broadcast time.

If Stern is officially using a dump button delay - that caller pretty much proves that the calls are set ups.

Rockside7 likes this.
  2. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    uhhh i think it's 7 minutes now

3. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My delay was hitting that little arrow that changes stations for awhile and now it's just not listening at all.

4. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's so PC nowadays, no use for a delay. "Bobo you're on the air!"

yaddc, Petal, Captain and 1 other person like this.
  5. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You don't need it when you only take calls from four people . The wig is a pussy and scared to talk to anyone off the cuff .

yaddc, Petal, Captain and 2 others like this.
  6. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

You didn't hear a delay because that 'random' caller was really an intern in the back room which has the studio feed.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

codeine, yaddc, Mr Fantastic and 6 others like this.
  7. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, it's somewhere between 5 and 7 minutes. Last time I was on hold the show was over and they were still knee deep in some bullshit.

But this goes for MOST of SiriusXM shows.

codeine, scoobyla, reno and 1 other person like this.
  8. Honkey Donkey

Reputations:
    I called in Ron and Fez and there was a delay . I think they have it for legal shit that even guests might fuck up. As for the Wig , you know he is just being a pussy . God forbid anyone gets on to call him out. I would love to get on when he is going on about comic con and ask him if he thinks Beefarino's bag collection is a waste of money like comic fans going to comic con . The fag would never take my call though . Instead he would put on Tommy from Malden who lives in my town to kiss his ass .

PelicanWig and ARM like this.
  9. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ARM is correct. A while back I called into Superfan Roundtable. They had a good 5 minute delay going. Plus I got dumped by Mutt because I started to call out Robin and her bullshit.

10. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's a 4 day delay. He's only on Mon - Wed now.

yaddc, kingship, Petal and 6 others like this.
  11. Honkey Donkey

Reputations:
    I guess that's what they mean by no more bullshit . If you call them out you get dumped .

codeine and ARM like this.
  12. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A caller asked about this a while ago and Howard said there IS a delay so he can dump a call to avoid broadcasting personal or defamatory information. Shortly after that, he failed to dump a call where a tax auditor inadvertently gave out the phone number and personal financial details of a woman who owed money to the IRS.

13. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe back when you could remember laughter, he had a dump button for control. He had someone else lording the dump button over him for so long that control (which is big with him) of the dump button became another simple pleasure.

Now that the revolution is in shambles, it's probably more of the "nuclear option" if someone somehow gets past the layers of protection he's built around himself.

ARM likes this.
  14. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard really fucked up by not dumping this call. Wonder if he got a scolding from Sirius:

The IRS is investigating an incident in which a call from a taxpayer to an IRS agent ended up on SiriusXM Satellite Radio’s Howard Stern Show.

Well, only a portion. It seems the agent — Jimmy from Long Island, N.Y. — called in to Stern and kept working while he was on hold. During that time, the agent was talking with a woman from Massachusetts regarding a tax bill. When Stern put him on air, the agent didn’t realize it and audio from his end of the conversation was heard on Stern’s show. The woman’s voice could not be heard.

During the call, Stern and sidekick Robin Quivers tried to get Jimmy’s attention. For the most part the call was uneventful, just a bunch of numbers being thrown around. Finally, toward the end of the call, the woman gave Jimmy her phone number and he repeated it, so it made it onto Stern’s show.

The woman, whose name has not been released, has been telling news services such as Forbes, “I just feel terribly violated and I feel like I’m in jeopardy that my credit information might be out there and I’m just totally devastated".

15. John Coktoaston

John Coktoaston Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Theater of the mind! :artiejj:

Rockside7 likes this.
  16. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    of course there is a delay, he has dumped statements or words in the recent past.....you can tell when there is a clear edit in the audio

codeine likes this.
  17. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    A 4 hour delay.