Does Lars tell Howard that he introduced Richard's band

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ruffypup, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    last year at the Orion Fest? :dontknow:

2. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is so dismissive of Richards drumming career and treats him like a dumb hillbilly. The dude was the drummer in Death and Iced Earth up until 2004 and is definitely known in the metal community. Lars knows who Richard is but Howard doesn't want anyone else on the show to shine. My buddies a hardcore metal fan and knows Richard through Iced Earth and doesn't even know what THSS is and couldn't give a fuck.

3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Iced Earth pissed off all of their fans by filing copyright troll lawsuits (a la Metallica coincidentally), I actually think Richard is a stronger draw on his own now. :jj:

4. Ashbeard

Reputations:
    Also Howard drives me nuts when he makes fun of Richard for living in a warehouse that was the bands practice space. I watched a doc on Alice in Chains and guess what the pretty much lived in a warehouse that was there practice space. Richard said he was there so much drumming that it didn't make sense to have an apartment. Heavy metal rock and roll Howie should know this.

5. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lars testified against Napster and it was infotainment on C-SPAN in like '99....that verbal diarrhea fucker had better not take down Kickass Torrents or else he and the whole band might wind up getting gunned down onstage like Dimebag.

6. Ashbeard

Reputations:
    I often wonder why those guys came out like that and didn't expect a backlash. I remember I had napster then with 100's of songs some of them metallica I got scared and deleted everything.

7. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    Howard claims to respect musicians that don't sell out to mainstream music then scratches his head at Richard for his loyalty to Speed Metal as Howard says there is no money in Speed Metal and Richard should have just gone mainstream

8. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Richard this is your dad i ate a squirrel this afternoon, ok bub talk to you later :grad:

9. Ashbeard

Reputations:
    Howard listens to top 40 pop songs, he just likes the "look" of heavy metal. For a guy that claims to like Metallica he couldn't name any songs besides enter sandman and nothing else matters. :facepalm: He also claimed to have seen Through the Never but not in theatres and in 2d not 3d like Richard the true fan and had nothing to say besides Lars uses a double kick bass thingy its cool.

10. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    I would rather hear Richard interview the band.

11. Ashbeard

Reputations:
    "Richard this is your Dad, We caught one of them fellers that stole your album, he's tied up out in the barn. Talk to ya later."

12. Mutt

Mutt New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I just want to know how big Lars cock is

Sent Via Tapatalk

13. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lars will dominate the mic, so it's really just Himus interviewing Lars as he has several times over the years.

You mean you don't want to hear about Lars' cock size, how much his gay art collection is worth, if he cheats on his wife on the road- in a sense that etc?

14. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Now THAT would make for compelling HTV content.

15. Jewgene

Jewgene New Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

NSFW

16. Ted da Janitor

Ted da Janitor Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I agree, Howie is so far from being metal it's hilarious. The way he dressed in the late 80's early 90's was a total sham (and he looked like a goof trying to look metal who wasn't--stupid Ralph.

He's such a fake douche. Conned us all.

17. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    If you look at the story of most really successful bands (Beatles, Stones, Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue....the list is endless) they all lived together in squalor at one point to hone their craft while playing clubs and fighting to break into the music business. Howard can tell his story to Metallica about how he locked himself in his apartment everyday after doing his show in Detroit while he was paying his dues in radio to make him sound like he was a struggling artist.

18. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i dont think he realized that pretty much NOBODY outside the music biz considered file trading to be stealing or even a wrong/harmful thing to do. and from their POV it was taking money out of their pocket. so i guess they just could not conceive of the fact nobody else saw it that way. I think its understandable. Also at the time not everyone really got what the internet was all about and that everyone who uses the net are whiney entitled cunts. i tihnk now everyone pretty much knows this

all said and done he was right, it ruined the record business. and it lead to itunes which is worse than stealing even. as obnoxious as record companies are, at least some $ goes to A&R, itunes just takes and takes and never puts a penny back in to give a break to new talent. i do not know why anyone uses itunes, they are just a leech on the system. if u really want to support the artist just download mp3s off bit torrent and send the artist 5 bucks in the mail, thats more than itunes would give them.

19. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Tags, dude.

20. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Yes, everyone knows you have to use [POUCH] [/POUCH] for that pic. :grad: