Does today prove...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That Howard has once again stealthily reduced his schedule by one day per week? This appears to be the exact mo he used when axing Fridays, then Thursdays...

First, he mentions that he'll take a few (Fridays/Thursday's/Monday's) off. Then the day before the next (Fridays/Thursday's/Monday's) show, he ends it normally, without alluding to the fact that he's not gonna be there tomorrow. Then hes off the next day. He then starts Bly working every other (Fridays/Thursday's/Monday's) and in about two months, he quits them completely. It's about that time that the dick suckers come out to claim that 2/3/4 days of onward is better than no Howard.... And then Howard starts addressing the issue a couple months later claiming that he was always honest and upfront with his audience and we can go fck ourselves.

First, he used agt as an excuse to take off some Monday's.... Now he worked a Monday and had to take wednesday off to make up his vacation time.

2. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Behold, the 2-day work week is upon us... Howard literally works 8-hours a week.... And just shows up for his job, sits in a chair and talks for those 8-hours.

3. Mutt Sucks

Mutt Sucks New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  4. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    SiriusXM where insane in re-signing Howard.

5. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm so glad I have never paid a fucking cent to listen to this lying fuck.

I feel bad for those who got suckered in to signing up for long-term subscriptions or those lifetime deals or whatever it was just to listen to Hollywood Hamptons Howie.

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Radio is an habitual medium. So said Howard back when he was on 5 days a week. I guess it's not so habitual now a days.

7. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was doing a little research and I found this gem of Howard actually being honest 9 months before 01/09/06.

Howard's Sirius Four Day Work Week Confirmed. 03/25/05. 6:00am

The caller also had some questions about ''Eh, eh, eh.'' (Sirius). The caller asked Howard if it's true that he's only going to be working 4 days a week over there. Howard confirmed that it's true and it's also true that he's going to be taking 10 weeks vacation instead of the usual 8 weeks. The caller thought Howard was keeping that from his fans but Howard says he's not hiding anything. Howard said he hasn't told people about a lot of the stuff he'll be doing over there.
    http://marksfriggin.com/news05/3-21.htm#fri

8. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    he will be off the air by the end of the summer. no way the show makes it through the entire season of AGT

9. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    I dont normally comment on HSS anymore, because the same shit is said over and over and I really dont care anymore. That being said I hope that sirius is not stupid enough to adjust his paycheck/income to reflect the new and shitty schedule he keeps. If not they deserve to be fleeced.

10. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i would bet anything that howard took a huge pay cut...more than he'd ever admit and that's reflected in the amount of days he works. i wouldn't be surprised if he had to go to AGT to supplement what was cut.
    he has too much hubris to admit it but that would explain alot of his anger.

11. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    That is what I'm thinking, and I mean HUUUUGGGGGGEEEE!. I'm guessing way less than even 50% of his former contract and probably no prospect for bonus/options. He could have so easily went out on top, but his ego was way to big for a graceful bow out.

12. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    there's no way howard would have signed on for more work unless he had to....fuckwald probably begged AGT to give howard a chance.
    the sirius/howard feud is probably just as much about what they were willing to sign him on for as the suscriber bonuses.

13. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    You may be right, I just would think that Howard had enough money to retire very wealthy, he talks as though he is frugal, but I don't know what financial obligations he has. He did cash in 200 million just in stock options shortly after he started at Sirius, With 15% capital gains tax and 10% to his agent, that is still a huge amount of cash. If he doesn't have enough to retire, I'd love to know what he is spending his money on.

14. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    According to the posted contract details, Howard's agent fees are paid by Sirius.

15. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm guessing or maybe someone has posted it before, but I would think he's obligatged to do a set number of days per year with his new contract? If not SIRIUS management are complete fools. Also, I know sateillite ratings are a "big mystery", but the SIRIUS execs have to have some sense of how THSS is trending.

I'd be curious to know if AGT has given the radio show any lift at all. I'm thinking the answer is no since the silence concerning subscribers has been deafening (exluding lawsuit talk). I would think SIRIUS is also taking the shit that Howard is dishing on the air because they are holding out hope that once AGT gets going there is growth potential. Seems like the only winner once again is Howchie with all of the marbles he's raking in.

16. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Isn't what he's getting for doing AGT close to what he wants in the subscriber lawsuit? Maybe Howchie does need to pick up a few million to keep his "empire" on track or maybe it's just neurosis.

17. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    you way smarter than this bro

18. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I also think he took a lot less from Sirius/XM this time around. A Wall Street analyst guessed that Howard got $80 million/year and that has been repeated in many articles - however it has never been verified like the original deal. Regardless of the amount, I'm sure it was more than anyone else offered so he signed the deal - he should have plenty of dough but is neurotic enough to feel he has to grab more marbles and try to remake his image on a goofy summer TV show.

Hopefully Gary can do a better job of keeping track of days worked in 2012 so Howard doesn't have to put in some back breaking 4 day weeks this December.

19. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Someone should post the schedule that someone "found on the printer" and update it to show how accurate it was...

Also, I hope Sirius gives Howard a box filled with 6 bottles of cheap ass wine.

20. EatAtTheY

EatAtTheY Active Member

Reputations:
    why did he take today off? is this really the start of a 2-day work week?