Dogs, owners and intelligence.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by markluke, Dec 12, 2013.

1. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What does the following say about Oats?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Excerpted from "The Intelligence of Dogs":[/FONT]

For example, over 200 professional dog obedience judges, ranked 110 dog breeds on the basis of their intelligence. According to them, the top dozen dogs in terms of intelligence are:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 15%"] [/TD]
    [TD]Rank Breed

1. Border Collies
    2. Poodle
    3. German Shepherd
    4. Golden Retriever
    5. Doberman Pincher
    6. Shetland Sheepdog
    7. Labrador Retriever
    8. Papillon
    9. Rottwieler
    10. Australian Cattle Dog
    11. Pembrook Welsh Corgi
    12. Miniature Schnauzer

At the low end of the intelligence rankings are:

106. Borzoi
    107. Chow Chow
    108. Bull dog
    109. Basenji
    110. Afghan Hound
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Australian Shepard absolutely needs to be on that list right under Border Collie. Herding breeds are usually the smartest.

3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I know my German Shepherd Dog is at lease 50 IQ points higher then Beth

4. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    It's not that no one should own the breed, she says. It's just that those thinking of acquiring a purebred Bulldog should know that a dog with such a flat, wrinkled face might have trouble breathing, particularly if it becomes overweight. Also, joint problems like arthritis are common as well as reproductive issues. It seems that English Bulldogs often cannot be bred without artificial assistance and surgical delivery of the puppies.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Bulldogs have a plethora of health problems including cardiac and respiratory disease, hip dysplasia, cherry eye, and other concerns. They are extremely susceptible to heat problems, can easily drown in swimming pools or other water, and require daily cleaning of their skin folds to avoid problems.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

And they're dumb too? Put this shit out of its misery.

5. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Love Rotties, they really are smart.

6. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    They say a dog reflects it's owner's personality...

7. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

End of thread, this proves ball licking vomit eating dogs do have a higher IQ then some humans! :facepalm:

8. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Big fan of the rotties. They are actually pretty fun dogs if they aren't raised by assholes. Very gentle. My parents have them and they are nice dogs. They had a HUGE female (she was about 110 lbs). A gentle giant. Anyways, my dad got a little white kitten (he saw it in a parking lot mewing away; thing was probably 5 weeks old) that this huge black rottie basically adopted as her own.

It was freakin' hilarious. The little kitten also adopted the rottie. Guess he missed his momma. They were tremendous buddies. That fucking cat would push this huge rottie around, too. Funny.

9. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    This makes me happy. Not many things do.

10. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The only purebreds that I've seen that was any good is my buddies black shepherd from europe. Super smart dog.

My brother and his gf have pet store dogs a husky that's just weird and a golden lab that is dumb as a stump and plagued with health issues. Hips are shot and he's allergic to wheat and other shit. He will chase reflections on the water and almost drowned from swimming too far out.

Mix breeds are the best I have a lab shephard cross and she is a great family dog. Never had a issue with her yet and she's almost 4. She is very protective of the house and property now that we have a baby.

11. DogStar69

Reputations:
    they say dogs forget or don't know why you correct them or are mad at them. My friend's Rottie would bark at the TV whenever something scary came on (his instinct to protect us) We would send him out of the room, but he would come back with his shoulders slumped later on wanting to come back and hang our with us. He knew he did something wrong to be sent away. and if you sent him out the room and he didn't do anything wrong he would hold a grudge and not want to come back later. But he was never mean. He never barked at people or other dogs. He even saw a cat outside one time and just stated at it, and only barked when the cat would not come and play with him.

Then he got a little small mixed breed sister. She was yappy and running under the sofa the first time I saw her. I got them each a dog toy. He knew the smaller snake was for his little sister so he hid it in his mouth. Next time I saw them she was not running everywhere and not barking. She still doesn't bark a lot. He would also let her walk all over his face when he was lying down. He died a few months ago, but I will never forget what an amazing dog he was.

they are so smart that one of the reasons they are not used as police dogs, other than being too big to throw over fences, is that they don't like to be corrected for something that they did not do wrong. Also their bite can be more dangerous than a German Sheppard.

12. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    I was just going to say that, Howard. ...And no doubt about #1 in my opinion...love those fuckers...

13. PappYawn

PappYawn Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I have an ex-racing greyhound. They are bred for athleticism, not for looks.
    She's getting older and no health issues so far.
    Smart as whip, knows at least 30/40 commands and will chase a squirrel or rat out of my avocado tree like nobody's business.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

14. DogStar69

Reputations:
    I think greyhounds are pretty. Do you have to let them run a lot?

15. mape

mape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shiba Inus are the smartest:coffee:

16. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    She is beautiful! I have an Iggy and working on getting a rescue Grey!!!! Reps!

17. PappYawn

Reputations:
    They are happy to lie around most of the day. I have a backyard and she likes to run in circles really fast for about thre minutes, then go back to lounging. :jj:
    The rescue group I got her from have no problem adopting out to people who live in apts. They really just need to be walked, like any dog.

18. PappYawn

Reputations:
    I have really found my breed. Our temperaments seem to work. If I can find it I will post a picture of my cockatiel sitting on her. :wub:

19. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    I would love to see those pics! Greys are the most stoic, docile and loveable breed!!!!

20. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    now this is a real dog lover

[​IMG][​IMG]