News Domain Name Company Godaddy Hates Obese Christians

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Jun 5, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    SCOTTSDALE, AZ (KPHO/KTVK) -
    When you're rejected from a job, it doesn't always mean you're not qualified for the position.

Keith Connolly works as a freelance software engineer and says his experience met all the qualifications listed for a position at Scottsdale-based Internet domain giant GoDaddy.

"You want to be judged off your skills or maybe a cultural fit with the work culture in the company, something like that," Connolly said. "You don't want to be judged on how large you are or where you go on a specific day of the week."

But Connolly believes that's exactly what happened to him.

Connolly says he completed several interviews over the phone and felt the application process was going rather well. He says it wasn't until he was asked to show up at the GoDaddy headquarters for an in-person interview that things suddenly changed.

After weeks of not hearing anything from the company, Connolly says he received a rejection email, thanking him for his time.

He filed the email away and said he didn't read it too closely once he saw that he didn't get the job.

But months later, he says he took a closer look at the email and noticed a forwarded message attached to the bottom of it.

Here's what it said:

“About Keith, he's great for the job and skills but he looks worse for wear…Do we really want an obeese [sic] christian [sic]… is that what our new image requires of us?”

When asked if that is difficult for Connolly to read he says, “It's definitely not easy."

"At first, it was just utter shock," Connolly said. "Eventually it kind of just petered down to this depressive state where I was like, 'Wow, is this what everyone's looking at me like?'"

Attorney Casey Yontz says this type of an email is what a lawyer would call a "smoking gun" in a legal case.

"No one can discriminate you based on your race, your religion…no one can discriminate you based on anything but your qualifications," Yontz said.

The email was sent a year ago, however, and to file a claim, Yontz says a person needs to do so within the first 150 to 300 days.

"Had it been within the time limit, we would have had a very good Title VII claim against them and would have prevailed on it," Yontz said. "They would have had to pay him a substantial amount of damages."

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 makes it illegal for a company to "discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin...." That includes hiring decisions.

GoDaddy denies any wrongdoing. Dan Race, a company spokesman, issued the following statement.

“We believe the allegations are completely without merit and unequivocally deny them. GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer."

Connolly says he would like someone to take responsibility for the email, which he believes was most likely sent to him accidentally.

"Originally all I really wanted was an apology," Connolly said. "That's kinda still all I really care about, is just an apology."

Yontz says GoDaddy did conduct an investigation and said the company claims they found no evidence of the email Connolly received.

smichal and RONNIE THE CLAW like this.
  2. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Poor Christians. So persecuted. Maybe they can pray for help.

Scarlett Ohara, octex, tomg and 2 others like this.
  3. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If only they had a group that met every week

4. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Well honestly, American tech companies should care more about skills than looks, which is why most of the shit America makes SUCKS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kilroy, Beths Arab, Dlist and 2 others like this.
  5. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree with Godaddy

6. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    You know, I'm 30 years old and don't know the difference between Catholics and Christians. Also, why would they not want to hire a Christian? Is godaddy full of Jews?

babybear likes this.
  7. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    At least you had a chance to get caught up on your sleep during the school day.

It's not as though there are 2.5 billion Christians out there, or that we live in a nation where 80% identify themselves as Christian.

And those Catholics? They've only been around for a couple of thousand years or so, shaping large parts of Western culture and the world map. No need to learn about that, either.

Your cell phone is charged, right? That's all you need to know.

8. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ironic that it was reported on by a woman who was obviously hired only because of her looks.

9. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    To be fair, most of the higher up countries are small and localized. Norway has 80% of their population in the southern 10% of its land mass, with two cities (Oslo/Bergen) representing the lions share of that. Providing broadband internet access to two cities is far easier than trying to reach the badlands of South Dakota, remote parts west of the Mississippi and hillbillies in Appalachia. Not to mention 350 million people vs 5 million people which kinda makes the advertising of percentages misleading as hell.

So refit your data... Show me # of people and restrict the findings to within 50 miles of a metropolitan area. Then see where big countries like the us, Russia, China, India, Brazil, etc land.

Mr Pink likes this.
  10. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The behind the scenes hiring decisions of any and every corporation are constantly done EVERYWHERE without regard to civil rights. These federal laws are good as well as strict, but only morons like GO DADDY will send an e mail, the smoking gun, out with a rejection letter. This shows the arrogance of these corporations to openly flaunt and document these illegal practices within their circles. Don't ever think you are ever being judged simply by your skills unless you happen to fit the invisible profile interviewers are seeking and those profiles change with every corporation. Once you accept that reality, don't feel so bad when you need a job and are rejected. Would you really want to work for this company that doesn't want you because you are a Jew, a Christian, female, Islamic, fat or white skinned? Our great country is trying to help us create a world where we can all get to the tasks at hand, without regard to these properties, so we can all work and support ourselves and families.

11. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    GoDaddy has shit for brains apparently, but how did his faith even come up I wonder.

Unless someone has religious garb, I have no idea what people's faith is when I am interviewing.

He had to bring it up because I just can't see an interviewer asking about it.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  12. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    you're gonna be on tv to bitch about being judge in part for your looks---maybe get a little gussied up

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  13. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    A ratty tshirt and gym shorts wouldn't be your pick for a TV interview?

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  14. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Look how he dressed for the TV interview

and how would they know he was religious?

Plus he's very fat but I expected 500 pounds.

babybear and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  15. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I get the feeling he likely showed up for the interview in the same outfit

16. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wish someone would do something like that to me, I'm tired of working for a living.

He is a disgusting mess of a person, nobody want to work with people like that.

17. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    That generation is the very definition of uninformed, but the cell's charged and the line was short at Starbucks today! :yes:

18. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Can anyone imagine the backlash is this guy was black or muzzie.

19. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    I bet he isn't even Christian.

20. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    lets be honest, it was the looks not the religeon.
    if it was anything

babybear and Dorb like this.