News Donald and the Middle East

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dorb, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
  2. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not Clicking.:no:

thegroovologist and Lemmy like this.
  3. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Middle East grows wary of Trump, despite ventures in region
    Must Read?Yes0
    Email StoryPrint
    By JON GAMBRELL and ADAM SCHRECK, AP
    30 minutes ago

[​IMG]
    FILE - In this Aug. 23, 2008, file photo, Donald Trump, left, His Excellenc...

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Donald Trump's call to keep Muslims from traveling to the United States is causing dismay among business leaders in the Middle East, a region where the billionaire presidential candidate has done business for years, viewed as well-suited for his brand of over-the-top luxury.

Emirati business magnate Khalaf al-Habtoor only months ago proclaimed his support for the Republican candidate for president, but that's all changed in the wake of Trump's increasingly incendiary comments about Islam.

"If he comes to my office, I will not let him in. I reject him," al-Habtoor told The Associated Press. "Maybe we can meet somewhere where I can debate with him in a very civilized way, not in the way he approaches people."

Trump has for years looked to do business in the Middle East, particularly in the Gulf and the emirate of Dubai. Trump has lent his name to two high-profile Dubai golf course projects and an ongoing real estate development, and sought for years to expand his hotel chain into the region.

But some of his rhetoric about Islam on the campaign trail — including his call to monitor mosques and his proposal this week to temporarily bar Muslims from traveling to the U.S. — has led to increased wariness in the Arab world. Trump's campaign did not respond to questions about his reputation and business dealings in the Middle East.

In a column published Aug. 9 in the state-owned The National newspaper of Abu Dhabi, al-Habtoor praised Trump for believing "in bringing back his country's superpower status."

But late last month, al-Habtoor wrote a follow-up column on Trump that began with: "I was wrong and I do not mind admitting it."

"When strength is partnered with ignorance and deceit, it produces a toxic mix threatening the United States and our world," he wrote, ending his column by endorsing Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

In a way, Trump's oversized personality, on display for years in syndication on Arab satellite networks, matches the aspirations of the construction boom in the oil-rich Gulf.

Star-studded galas in 2008 heralded the launch of the planned Trump International Hotel and Tower Dubai. The 62-story skyscraper of glass and stainless steel would have towered over the man-made Palm Jumeirah island jutting into the Persian Gulf.

A construction company al-Habtoor was involved in, Habtoor Leighton Group, was part of a joint venture awarded a 2.9 billion dirham ($790 million) construction contract for the project in 2008.

Dubai's property bubble burst before the project could really get off the ground, and in 2011 The National reported that debt-laden developer Nakheel had canceled the project altogether. Nakheel says it no longer has any business association with Trump.

By 2013, Trump's hotel group announced the hiring of a Dubai-based executive to expand the brand throughout the Middle East, with an aim of having 30 hotels in the region by 2020, though so far none has emerged.

In 2014, Trump and his daughter Ivanka arrived in Dubai to promote the Trump International Golf Course-Dubai, being built along with some Trump-brand real estate in Damac Properties' Akoya development. Dressed in a black suit and red tie, a driver-wielding Trump smacked a golf ball out onto a green at the development.

"I just want to congratulate everybody in Dubai. The job that Dubai has done is amazing worldwide," Trump said at the time. Trump spoke on stage with Damac founder and CEO Hussain Sajwani, an Emirati businessman whom he described as a "great man."

In small print, brochures for the development note the course and the properties being developed are "not owned, developed or sold" by Trump himself, but rather as under a license.

Trump has increasingly used such a licensing model in recent years, lending out his name to others around the world rather than developing big real estate projects himself. Fellow developers have praised Trump as a pioneer of what they call a nearly risk-free business.

He has made another deal for a second planned Damac golf course, called the Trump World Golf Club Dubai. Financial terms were not announced for either.

Reached by the AP, officials with Damac declined to discuss whether the company was reconsidering its venture with Trump.

"We would like to stress that our agreement is with the Trump Organization as one of the premium golf course operators in the world and as such we would not comment further on Mr. Trump's personal or political agenda, nor comment on the internal American political debate scene," Niall McLoughlin, a senior vice president at Damac, said in a statement.

Another Mideast company, Dubai-based Landmark Group, said it would pull all Trump home decor products at its 180 Lifestyle stores in the region as it "values and respects the sentiments of its customers."

Trump has made other comments at times praising or ridiculing countries in the Middle East. At a recent campaign rally, Trump applauded Qatar's new, at least $15 billion airport, while calling U.S. airports "third-world." He traveled to the Qatari capital, Doha, in April 2008 to see developments there.

Trump also made comments in 2011, as well as this year, falsely saying that Kuwait paid nothing to the U.S. for driving out occupying Iraqi forces during the 1991 Gulf War. U.S. congressional records show Kuwait contributed $16.1 billion for the war.

Those Gulf War comments recently drew boos on a comedy talk show in Kuwait, which still holds the U.S. in high regard for coming to its aid in the war.

Hamad al-Ali, the comedian who poked fun at them, was critical of Trump's latest comments on barring Muslims.

"He shouldn't promote these types of ideas. These kinds of ideas are from some sort of person who is not educated," he told the AP.

Newspapers in the Emirates also criticized Trump in their Wednesday editions, with the Gulf News saying his "extremism is no different than that of Daesh," referring to the Islamic State group. The paper offered him this advice: "Zip it, Donald. Just zip it."

———

Follow Jon Gambrell and Adam Schreck on Twitter at: http:// www.twitter.com/jongambrellap and www.twitter.com/adamschreck

I lied. :c

Lemmy likes this.
  4. Austinchota

Austinchota Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    :jackoff:

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  6. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes a group of people that doesn't allow basic rights to Women or Gays has a real problem with Donald Trumps words. :haha::haha::haha:

7. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Holy fried rice i never noticed them cannons

Austinchota, CrucifiedAGT and reno like this.
  8. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'd like his wife and daughter in a threesome.

Austinchota likes this.
  9. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London being so radicalised they are no-go areas for police,

Serving officers today claimed Donald Trump is right to say London's police are frightened in Muslim areas of London despite Scotland Yard saying the tycoon 'couldn't be more wrong'.
    Several Met officers and from other UK forces have said 'Islamification' of the capital is happening and revealed they do need to be 'extra vigilant' and even abandon using uniforms on some estates.
    The US presidential contender Donald Trump caused worldwide consternation after a string of incendiary remarks, including in Britain when he said: 'We have places in London and other places that are so radicalised that police are afraid for their own lives.'
    But one serving officer said today: 'Trump's not wrong. He pointed out something that is plainly obvious, something which I think we aren't as a nation willing to own up to'.
    Another policeman said that he and other colleagues fear being terror targets and spoke of the 'dire warning of wearing half blues (a uniform) even in my own car'.
    It came as more than 100,000 people - five people every second - signed a petition demanding Mr Trump is banned from Britain for being a 'hate preacher'.

[​IMG]
    +8
    Damning: Scotland Yard has said that Donald Trump 'could not be more wrong' about areas of London being so 'radicalised that police are afraid for their own lives' - but two officers have said there is something in what he said (file picture - these officers are not the ones who spoke out today)
    [​IMG]
    +8
    Donald Trump was branded a 'hate preacher' last night and faced calls to be banned from Britain

But a small number of officers have spoken in support of Trump's claims and one unnamed policeman working in west London said: 'Islamification has and is occurring. It is not new.
    He told right-wing website Breitbart: 'When I was a teenage lad in Burnley there were no go white areas. This is the case still nationally, including London where you have to have extra vigilance in certain parts when you are working'.
    Another serving officer told LBC Radio: 'There has been a time when it's been advised not to wear half-blues or uniform to and from work.
    'It's like damage limitation. You try to do the most you can to prevent anything bad from happening.
    'All intelligence is around you and you do the best with that to essentially stay safe. And if that means taking measures to not identify yourself off-duty too much then so be it.
    'It's covering your backs. It's a common sense approach'.
    Other police today accused British politicians of 'kidding themselves' if they think officers are not a target for extremists.
    One officer from Yorkshire said on an online forum: 'I'm not allowed to travel in half blues to work anymore IN MY OWN CAR as we're "All at risk of attack" - yet as soon as someone points out the obvious it's 'divisive.'
    He added: 'In this instance though he (Trump) isn't wrong... Our political leaders are best either ill-informed or simply being disingenuous.
    'He's pointed out something that is plainly obvious, something which I think we aren't as a nation willing to own up to - do you think a US Police Department would ban officers from wearing their uniforms under jackets etc due to FEAR of their cops being killed by extremists?
    'It would be seen as un-American, un-democratic, not the done thing... In the UK though we accept it'.
    Another serving police officer agreed and said: 'Same here regarding the dire warnings of wearing half blues even in my own car and I'm not in London'.
    In 2014 Tom Winsor, Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Constabulary, caused a row when he claimed minority communities had turned their back on police.
    He told The Times: 'There are some communities born under other skies who will not involve police at all.
    'I am reluctant to name the communities in question but there are communities from other cultures who would prefer to police themselves.
    'There are cities in the Midlands where the police never go because they are never called. They never hear of any trouble because the community deals with that on its own. They just have their own form of community justice'.
    Mr Winsor said some forces get 'close to zero' calls in some areas.
    He said: 'They don't know what injustices are being perpetrated. It's almost a closed book because we can't go there so don't know. It could be anything from low-level crime right up to murder are the most extreme example. That is murder. There is no honour in it.'
    Almost four people every second are signing a government petition to ban Donald Trump from Britain for 'hate speech' after the tycoon's claims that police in London 'fear for their lives' because some communities are so radicalised.
    David Cameron, Jeremy Corbyn, Nicola Sturgeon, Boris Johnson and even Scotland Yard issued strongly-worded condemnation of the outspoken businessman after he claimed: 'We have places in London and other places that are so radicalised that police are afraid for their own lives.'
    Mr Johnson, the Mayor of London said Mr Trump was speaking 'utter nonsense' and openly mocked the American, adding: 'The only reason I wouldn't go to some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump.'
    A petition on the UK government website to ban Mr Trump from Britain on the grounds of hate speech had attracted more than 100,000 signatures today.
    It said: 'The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech. The same principles should apply to everyone who wishes to enter the UK.
    'If the United Kingdom is to continue applying the "unacceptable behaviour" criteria to those who wish to enter its borders, it must be fairly applied to the rich as well as poor, and the weak as well as powerful.'

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  10. Dorb

Reputations:
    How could you miss the whole point?
    Muslin hating Trump does billions of dollars worth of business in the middle east with muslims.

FosterKitten likes this.
  11. joemama

Reputations:
    Seems like you missed that point :sadbye:

Hasn't the Clintons also gotten billions of dollars from middle east muslims? Missed your post on that.

Your just the typical blind political poster. Blind to your own stupidity

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  12. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    the no muslims allowed thing may not work at the ballot box this time around

but if these nuts keep at it it becomes much more likely that it will work one of these times

fear and rage are not to be underestimated

13. Dorb

Reputations:
    Cant win an argument so you resort to insults.
    I'm just the messenger here poiting out the facts.
    Facts that you obviously dont want to know.

14. joemama

Reputations:
    I won the argument and pointed out that your a idiot.

[​IMG]

15. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Because he's a capitalist who just runs around the world telling everyone what they want to hear, all in the name of "expanding his brand" and selling shit to rubes, whether it's overpriced golf outings to rich people or "Make America Great Again" hats to average folks.

For fuck's sake, the man has a line of premium vodka and doesn't drink. It's the greatest tasting, most classy vodka, he tells us. But he's never sipped it. He's a huckster just selling people tickets to his circus.

16. Dorb

Reputations:
    You won the argument??? So you proved the article wrong???

17. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:

Mooslim countries who won't allow Mooslims in...Complaining about Trump....No irony there at all

Dorb likes this.