Politics Donald Trump is a career scumbag and his supporters are a bunch of dumb racists

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, May 7, 2016.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    https://medium.com/the-coffeeliciou...bunch-of-dumb-racists-91a677ebd0f0#.37ysz8oxm

Donald Trump is a career scumbag and his supporters are a bunch of dumb racists
    The rise of Donald Trump isn’t an anomaly; it’s the natural progression of where the American right has been headed all along.
    I can’t believe it’s actually come this far. Like most everyone else six months ago, I tried to prove my political genius by coming up with all sorts of predictions about how the presidential race would turn out. In none of them did I take Donald Trump seriously. When I bothered to mention him at all, it was always with blatant derision. My reasoning was, he’s a clown, he’s not serious. And he’s totally, over-the-top, racist. I thought there’s no way he’d make it past the starting line.

But what the hell happened? It’s mid-March now, and barring a bunch of unlikely scenarios involving a contested Republican convention, (something the country hasn’t seen in a generation,) Trump is now the presumptive GOP nominee. Donald Trump: I’m-the-greatest, you’re-fired, Obama-was-born-in-Kenya, the bully, the racist, Donald Trump.

I’m shocked and I’m not shocked. I’m not shocked at the ugliness of his campaign, or what it’s brought to the surface in Trump supporters. The Republican Party has been using coded language to court the ugliest of the American electorate since as early as Nixon’s campaign to win the “silent majority.”

A history of racism
    GOP history is rife with its outreach to the racist vote. In 1980, Ronald Reagan chose to launch his campaign for President at an infamous site in Mississippi where three civil rights workers were murdered. In his speech, he gave an endorsement to “states’ rights,” a comment that, when taken with his choice of location, obviously signaled a winking embrace of white supremacy.

President Reagan gave white America the OK to not feel so bad about being racist. While ignoring the AIDS and crack epidemics destroying non-white communities, he took aim at Cadillac-driving “welfare queens.” This type of argument set the stage for what’s become Republican orthodoxy: the belief that they’d rather let a whole population starve in order to stop one person from receiving assistance he doesn’t truly deserve.

George H. W. Bush picked up Reagan’s legacy by scaring voters away from Democratic rival Michael Dukakis by airing commercials featuring “super-predator” Willy Horton. After eight years of Reagan riling up white America regarding rising crime rates, Bush’s pointing the spotlight on one criminal had the intended effect of portraying black men as inherently terrifying. The threat of crime was enough to justify the continuing marginalization and over-policing of poor communities of color.

George W. Bush continued the legacy of reaching out to racists when he campaigned at Bob Jones University in South Carolina during his 2000 campaign for President. It’s still a criminally underreported event, that the frontrunner for the GOP nomination — and eventual worst President of all time — would even think of campaigning at a place that served as the definition of blatant institutional racism. Hiding behind the cloak of fundamentalist Christianity, BJU denied entry to black students until the 1970s. It was only after W’s visit that the university dropped a Jim Crow-esque school-wide ban on interracial dating.

Trump’s rise: the perfect political storm
    What I am surprised about is Trump’s status as frontrunner. Where do I even begin? First of all, there’s no way that he would have coasted atop the fractured Republican field if it weren’t for the Supreme Court’s decision to allow for unlimited campaign spending. All any of the original seventeen candidates needed was their own billionaire to privately fund their staying in the race.

Without that dynamic, there’s no way Trump would have been able to win early nominating contests against a single opponent. He’s basically floated to the top of the pack with pluralities of anywhere from thirty to forty-five percent. If you just zoom out for a second, if you look at his supporters as a fraction of the Republican primary electorate, it’s obvious that Trump’s “silent majority” is nothing of the sort. It’s a small but pissed off group of people that have benefited from an unlikely set of circumstances to shout themselves to likely victory.

Loud but small groups of pissed of Americans have been around forever, but thanks to the perfect political storm, they seem poised to win the nomination. That’s one surprise. I’m also surprised at the chosen candidate. Why Donald Trump?

Why Donald Trump?
    Yes, I get that he appeals to what his followers brag as his penchant to “call it like it is.” It’s blatant racism, is what it is, and there’s really no use tiptoeing around the big r-word at this point. When your political standard-bearer suggests during his first speech as a candidate that Mexican immigrants to the US are rapists, when he follows that up by calling for a blanket ban on Muslims coming into the country, that’s racism.

Trump’s supporters say that he’s just not afraid of being labeled politically incorrect. But all he’s doing is channeling the racial resentment that’s festered amongst white Americans in this country since as far back as its very inception, and using it as a means to transform that bitterness into a political movement.

If you support Trump, you’re a racist. There’s really no way around it. Sure, his followers will protest. They’ll say that this is a classic liberal argument, to label the opponent as racist. But just because it’s constantly repeated, just because “Trump and his supporters are racist,” sounds more cliché than anything else at this point doesn’t make it any less true.

More than just racist, Trump’s supporters are dumb
    Aside from David Duke and the KKK, nobody voting for Trump is actually going to admit that they’re racist. Most Trump supporters probably truly think they aren’t racist. It’s because Trump supporters aren’t just racist, they’re also dumb. Rich or poor, highly educated or high school dropout, Trump’s supporters all share in common the inability to see past their own limited experience. It’s a dumb and selfish way to go through life, as if only your perception matters, as if what’s important to you is all that’s important.

Try to speak some sense to the Republican narrative that America under President Obama has been a disaster, point out all the ways in which we’ve been better off the past eight years than we were when George W. Bush left office, and all you’ll get back are macho accusations of weakness, with maybe an underhanded dig questioning the true allegiances of Barack Hussein Obama.

These are Donald Trump’s people. He saw an opening for exactly this type of populist movement, one based on fear of foreigners and hatred toward people of color. This is the guy who, if he didn’t invent the birther movement, he belched it from the fringes of the Internet straight into the popular consciousness. He’s a loudmouth racist who uses his bully pulpit to embolden the worst of Americans to say what’s really on their mind.

Trump supporters don’t really mind any of this, because like I said, they’re racists. But what’s almost as bad as the racism is the stupidity. Seriously, Trump supporters are all dumb. They’re supporting Donald Trump! For President! Come on.

It would be one thing if they had a racist candidate to rile them up on a concrete plan of action. But Trump offers nothing of substance. When I hear Trump answer questions regarding how he’s going to get Mexico to pay for his wall with stuff like, “I’m going to do it. It’s going to be a beautiful wall,” I know for a fact that Trump’s supporters are hearing the same exact non-arguments spewing out of his mouth. Why doesn’t it at least make them uncomfortable?

Because they’re too dumb to care. They’d rather be racist than reasonable. Donald Trump, not only is he not a serious candidate for President, but he’s barely a serious human being. It doesn’t take more than a cursory Google search of his history in business to come to the conclusion that he’s not much of a businessman at all. He staffs his shitty hotels with the foreign labor he lambasts on the campaign trail. He hawks his wines and his steaks after winning presidential primaries, all while his cheap business clothing is made in the country he insists is “crushing us” in trade.

Donald Trump’s only real contribution to America was the proliferation of his garbage TV show, The Apprentice. Give me a fucking break! The Apprentice was never even a good show! At least Ronald Reagan had a long Hollywood movie career to bait dumb Americans with in the 70s and 80s, all Donald Trump gave us was a two-bit reality TV show featuring a bunch of clowns running around Manhattan participating in bullshit relay races while dressed up as businessmen.

And at the end of every episode, “You’re fired!” Wow! He said it again! So funny! The same group of dumb people that sat around their TVs every week to wait for Donald Trump to say, “You’re fired,” are the same group of dumb people that, when asked why they’re voting for Trump, respond, “Because he wants to make America Great again.”

Make America great again! He said it again! Yee-haw! Reality TV is the worst. Donald Trump is a career d-bag. And his followers are a bunch of dumb racists.

2. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Allow me to be the first to tell you to fuck off...

Also, I'm more wealthy and higher educated than you are

3. MAGA

MAGA Made Board Retarded Again Banned User

Reputations:
    Sad to see mentally weak people who don't support America's last hope.

4. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    So sick of hearing the term racist, and being told what my values are supposed to be....

:jrolleyes::jrolleyes::jrolleyes:

5. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    BTW, wasn't the KKK started by southern Democrats?

Wasn't it the Republicans who pushed the civil rights legislation?

6. MAGA

Reputations:
    Trump-haters are the lowest information, most gullible people you could possibly find. They're so unintelligent it seems they might not even be human. :dontknow:

7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Racist, sexist, xenophobe, homophobe all used to mean something before the liberals ruined them

8. MAGA

Reputations:
    I just don't see any reason why everyone stupid enough to not be supporting Trump shouldn't kill themselves.

9. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    my good imbecilic friend I speak 4 languages fluently! Spanish, Turkish, Italian and English. I was an interpreter in the USMC and an Embassy Guard in Istanbul. I have traveled the world staying at some of the most luxurious and expensive hotels on the planet all on my families wealth. I served my country proudly in the USMC for 16 years and in my previous work i met an interacted with some of the worlds most famous and wealthy people. Go fuck yourself jack off I did fine for a kid from brooklyn. The difference between you and me is I dont follow false prophets. Trump is everything his deeds and words say he is! I don't believe a word this scumbag has to say! Now go get your shine box.

10. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Tldr, but I'm pretty sure that faggot op has a point. You have to to be sum kind of retard to think drumpfh would make a ok prez

Duck My Sick, XuXu, Gusbuss and 2 others like this.
  11. Calloused Shins

Reputations:
    This comin from a dude who really enjoys tasting himself....

Turbongr and XuXu like this.
  12. MAGA

Reputations:
    Yes, only a retard would think Trump will only be an "ok prez."

13. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If you are going to spend the time to write an article about how a person is a racist it would be nice to give at least one example of their racist behavior in your long-winded, boring , smear piece.
    :facepalm:

14. MAGA

Reputations:
    Great point.

DTF296 likes this.
  15. Calloused Shins

Reputations:
    Ty

XuXu likes this.
  16. MAGA

Reputations:
    Four languages fluently? From the looks of your post, it seems you don't even speak English fluently.

17. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Fuck I hate this election.

18. MAGA

Reputations:
    It takes true intelligence to melt down like a child and scream "racist" at a political opponent that you have no other response to.

19. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    Why exactly is Trump racist? Because he's against illegal immigration and the potential influx of Muslim refugees without a solid vetting process?

20. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how is this for fluent. GO FUCK YOURSELF! I am an American and until you scumbags put me in prison or outright murder me I will say what I want to say about Scumbags like trump and the racist little cuckolded little bitches that love him! I am in good company most real conservatives know hes a liar and a very bad guy.