Stern Show Donald Trump is a clunky, sour version of Howard Stern

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by the G-man, Dec 25, 2015.

1. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Donald Trump is a clunky, sour version of Howard Stern

As I get older and alarmingly lose my inhibitions about what I should say and my capacity for embarrassment diminishes (as my children would attest), I will admit to being a closet Stern listener during his prime, from the mid-’80s to the early ’90s. I don’t think I ever acknowledged it at the time, but Stern was part of my morning commute to the White House in the late ’80s.​

There have been reports that Stern has become somewhat tame since moving to SiriusXM Radio. I’ve read those accounts with some regret and nostalgia for the old Stern — especially as I see reflections of the old Stern in our politics today.​

When Stern was at his peak, he didn’t have political influence in the traditional sense. He probably couldn’t deliver any votes, but what he could do was be disruptive to a campaign, so even thoughtful politicians like Christine Todd Whitman, who served as governor of New Jersey from 1994 to 2001, had to approach him with a certain amount of respect.​

I suspect Stern listeners and Trump supporters are similar in a lot of ways. And entertainers and some politicians poking the establishment and stirring up some disgruntled portion of the population is not new. So you could say Trump is like Stern in some ways, but Trump is not even close to be being as clever or funny. Trump is a clunky, sour version of Stern.​

While Trump is often credited with saying what he really thinks, or saying what the people really think and not backing down in the face of criticism, I don’t think of him as honest — certainly not in the way Stern was. Stern would call a schlong a schlong and never lie about what he meant. If you think about it, Donald Trump is sort of a poor man’s Howard Stern. ‎​

Anyway, the question is, are Trump and Stern cut from the same cloth? I think saying so does a disservice to Stern. At the end of the day, Stern was about being funny and entertaining. Trump is neither. Call me old-fashioned, but I don’t think Trump’s shtick is achieving some helpful breakthrough in the political realm.​

The analogy falls apart when he refers to Howard as "honest."

Dorb and Tracy like this.
  2. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Howard is a gunky and sour version of Donald Trump

3. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He was talking about the pre divorce/Beth/pussified Stern.
    It's been obvious that Trump is a low rent version of the original Howard for some time now.

Dorb, Gusbuss and señor pedro like this.
  4. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You make a good point. He does implicitly acknowledge he hasn't listened to Howard since he went to satellite. Like most people

Tracy and potroast like this.
  5. itsawig

itsawig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One thing is for sure, Wiggy was always a pathologicall liar. Stern is a sour, female version of Hillary.

the G-man likes this.
  6. Precious

Precious Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [QUOTE="The analogy falls apart when he refers to Howard as "honest."[/QUOTE]

The analogy falls apart when you compare Trump and Wiggy's current wives.

7. Getoninja

Getoninja Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump has hotter wives and a super damn hot daughter. Howard has neither

8. Precious

Precious Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    But Wiggy has Ralph.

9. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump has always reminded me of Stern. Mean-spirited, egomaniac, and shameless self-promoter, makes up "facts" when it suits him and will do or say anything to get what he wants.

Honkey Donkey likes this.
  10. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At this point I don't think the Wig was ever honest with us about anything . He just tells people what he thinks they want to hear . The only reason he has been arond so long is because over the years he knew how to bullshit his bosses off the air .