Politics Donald Trump supporters mostly uneducated, new poll finds

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by XuXu, Feb 17, 2016.

1. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2610326/donald-trump-supporters-mostly-uneducated-new-poll-finds/

Donald Trump supporters did not have a very flattering picture painted of them by a new CNN/ORC poll.

Take it for what it’s worth, but respondents in the poll of Republican voters were found to be largely less college-educated.

Yahoo broke down the results further, finding that Donald Trump “runs significantly stronger among less-educated, less-affluent voters, and performs particularly well among voters in the 50-64 age range.”

The poll also found that the billionaire former reality television star of The Apprentice currently leads the Republican presidential primary race with 36 percent support, or “20 percentage points higher than his closest challenger.”

Donald Trump supporters also rated him higher on a number of hot-button issues, such as the economy, foreign policy, immigration, and ISIS, “in some cases by 30- and 40-percentage point margins,” Yahoo added.

“Trump’s support is heavily concentrated among non-college educated Republicans and those who only lean Republican and thus are less inclined to show up and vote in primaries and caucuses,” said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics in an email to the news site.

“The key question is: Will the currently fragmented college-educated half of the GOP coalesce around another candidate (say, Rubio) eventually?… If they do, they can stop Trump. If they stay fractured, then they may very well have to deal with the November consequences of a Trump nomination — and that won’t be pretty.”

To this last point, it may be too soon to count out Donald Trump and the level of support he has received nationally. His rallies attract more supporters than any other candidate (on both sides of the aisle).

Of course, some of these individuals confess to going out of “morbid curiosity,” such as a number identified in this piece by WNYC. But more often than not, Donald Trump rallies are stocked to the gills with avid supporters, and they don’t necessarily fit the mold illustrated by the CNN/ORC research.

Take, for example, this IJReview rundown of supporters at a rally in Jacksonville, Florida. They ran the gamut from middle class families to female college students to senior citizens.

Digging a little deeper into the CNN/ORC research accounts for some of this by pointing out that Trump’s support seems divided between the less-educated and the wealthy, with 40 percent support from voters who earn less than $50,000 and 33 percent from voters who earn more.

Also, as Yahoo pointed out, “people without a college degree represent 68 percent of the population over 25 years of age.”

If Donald Trump is motivating this group to a high voter turnout, it’s not unrealistic that he could first win the nomination and then clinch the White House.

The latest general election polling data from Real Clear Politics between Trump and Democrat front-runner Hillary Clinton finds the former First Lady with only the narrowest of margins (0.6 percent) at 44.3 percent of the vote compared to the Donald’s 43.7 percent.

That information was taken from polling data reported from Nov. 16 to Nov. 30 of this year.

The spreads on that data ranged from a +6 percentage-point advantage for Clinton to a +5 for Trump.

Something else: the GOP establishment is far from sold on Trump at the moment. He has had some very bitter public battles with right-leaning Fox News since the first debate, and party heads are starting to coalesce behind “safer” candidates like Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush.

Even so, adding up Bush and Rubio’s support doesn’t touch the 36 percent Donald Trump is currently commanding.

Once the primaries are over, Trump’s base is likely to grow as GOP voters fall in behind his campaign. Clinton’s support is likely to remain steady.

But, what do you think, readers? Are Donald Trump supporters “dumber” than average. Regardless, will it ultimately matter in his bid for the White House?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    In other news, fire is hot.

3. Gomez

Gomez Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    attracted to shiny objects

4. Lance Murdock

Lance Murdock Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    who cares? there's no intelligence test required to vote.

5. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Makes sense... My wife calls me a dumbass on a daily basis.

6. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And if there was the Democrats would be the ones complaining about it

7. Rahm2015

Rahm2015 Effortlessly Destroying Confirmed Internet Legends Gold

Reputations:
    And in other news. Ted Cruz supporters were all committed to psychiatric wards.

8. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Waters wet

nick11 likes this.
  9. Mr Vengeance

Reputations:
    That's kind of the problem......

10. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    Yeah, I know when I'm on campus I feel like I'm surrounded by brilliant minds. :rolleyes:

The dumbest people I have ever encountered in my life are college students and the adults that never evolve from that warped and myopic way of thinking. I know people link college education to intelligence. This is a fallacy.

11. Lance Murdock

Lance Murdock Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not a problem at all. It is a great thing. Do you want the government (or even a private company) deciding who is smart enough to vote and who isn't?

12. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    They can't figure out how to get an ID. :lmao:

13. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The low income, under educated voters are waking up that the republican politicians have done nothing but fuck them over letting jobs go overseas and pushing companies to move manufacturing with trade deals and not doing anything about corporate tax or repatriation of money.

However just look at low income voters of the right vs the left. The right is voting for a man promising to bring JOBS aka a means to earn, while the low income uneducated voters of the left are enthralled with a man promising free shit paid for by others.

And that is why I am a republican. Amidst all the faults in regards to scientific advancement, social issues, etc. I will always vote for the party that is pro-work/personal responsibility and not the one that panders to the lazy, loser, criminals of our society.

14. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Trump wins again !
    Only 30% of the US population have degrees.
    :grad:

babybear, ravenrules, FamilyJ and 2 others like this.
  15. ice cream

ice cream Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    well if true i dont blame them for voting trump..mexicans are taking their jobs

Anyonenow, Turtle Man and isabella like this.
  16. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    Are the NAACP still owned by the Democratic party? Are Democrats still counting on uneducated blacks in order to get elected? Still committed to keeping them dependent on the government teat and in poverty under the guise of helping them progress? I'm just wondering. Our current President was elected by capturing the vote of uneducated. It's sooo weird that liberals would have a problem with the uneducated now.

17. Mr Vengeance

Reputations:
    Sarcasm....look it up.

18. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    :console:

TeeDonkey likes this.
  19. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't feel too bad for him; he is a donkey after all.

Jayla likes this.