Dont buy this Howard bullshit either, Bulldogs are great animals. Buy One!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethsZygote, Mar 29, 2012.

1. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Their temperament is fucking :c

The only problem is assholes like Howard who buy ENGLISH and FRENCH bulldogs.

[​IMG]

Here is a 'Frenchy'
    [​IMG]

The dogs are descendent from the Molosser dogs brought by the Romans, and were breed to fight a bull. It was thought that terrorizing the bull before butchering it would tenderize the meat!:D The English took them everywhere they went, and when their dispora started to come home, they brought their dogs.

England is not a large country, they couldnt keep their large dogs. The English in the late 19th century BASTARDIZED the breed. The breed was shrunk too fast, fucking up their bones, hips, birth canals, skin, etc, etc, they even sent the smallest dogs to France.

Meet the AMERICAN BULLDOG
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are also Old English Bulldogges, which is a recreating of the early 19th century.

Same bulldog temperment, with faical folds that dont fill with gunk and get infected!
    American Bulldogs are ~$600, English are >$1500, and French can be over $3K, with contracts that say you cant breed them (not that it is an easy process, they can often need doggy c-sections, their pups heads are bigger than the gap in the dogs hips).

So when Howchie goes off (on himself) about how horrible the breed is, just remember, its only the assholes who buy the bastardized versions.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love Rotties.

3. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    i had this question so i googled it. in case anyone else was wondering:

American bulldog vs Pit bull American bulldog and pit bull are sometimes referred to as the same dog breed. Both the breeds belong to Molosser family and have somewhat the same characteristics. However, when closely watching these two breeds, one can come across many differences between the two.
    Earlier during the 1970s, the American Bull dog was called as the American Pit Bull dog. As such there was a bit of confusion between American Pit bulldog and the Pit
    Bull dog and so the name of the American Pit Bull dog was changed to American bulldog.
    When comparing the two breeds, the American bulldog is larger than Pit bull dogs. The American bulldog comes in height between 24 to 27 inches whereas Pit bulls come in heights between 18 to 21 inches.
    In weight also, American bulldog has an edge over pit bull. When the American Bulldog has a weight of 85 to 140 lbs, the Pit bull has just 40 to 60 lbs weight.
    The Pit Bull has a muscular body but they are not heavy but sleek and agile. On the other hand, the American Bulldogs are more muscular with broad chest and head.

The Pitbull has almost a block shaped head with a rounded tip towards the muzzle. On the other hand, American Bulldog has a box-shaped head.
    The American Bulldogs are known to have descended from Old English bulldogs. The Pit bull was first developed by crossing Bulldogs and Terriers.
    In life expectancy, the American Bulldog lives more than the Pit bull. When the life expectancy of American Bulldog is 16 years, the Pit bull has only 12 years.

4. DogOfWar92

DogOfWar92 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Not to mention bulldogs in general are way overpriced, have a shit load of health problems and as a result have a short lifespan. I'll take my goofy Cairn terrier, he's dumber than snot, pisses all over the house but he's mine and I love him dearly.

5. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Forgot to add the American Bulldogs are the ones the English left after we kicked their ass. They were never bastardized.

They almost went 'extinct' and roamed the south in the wild. They are good pig hunters, and they have the world record for 'weighted sled pulling'. They are very lazy, but they can turn it on in a minute (exactly like greyhounds).

Howard would never buy such a cool dog.

Just about the only good thing about THSS is the forums, and knowing everyone else sees Howards bullshit. His bulldog shit could easily fly under the radar, but in reality he is once again preaching to himself.

6. Vdrummer35

Vdrummer35 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    expensive animals are like expensive hand bags but the bags last longer?

7. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    meh

8. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Bump because i love my AMERICAN Bulldog

9. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I love my mutt and she was only a $50 adoption fee.

10. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I am a sucker for German dogs...

but props to your dog...

11. EatAtTheY

EatAtTheY Active Member

Reputations:
    bulldogs are almost as ugly and repulsive as pugs

12. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    :scratch:

I thought I had a pitbull but he's 90 pounds like an American Bulldog. He was free from the pound :dancin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Cawn

Cawn Active Member

Reputations:
    lilterrier.jpg

I need a lil torquer like this around. Looks kinda zippy and short hair is much to my preference.

As far as the pug comment goes, my bro had one and told me about 5 outta 6 are retarded from inbreeding. Now I dunno if that's exactly true but he definitely got one the 5 out of the 6 category. Max was a full-blown retard. Stupidiest dog ever.

14. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Bulldog slobber blech.

15. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
  16. MISERABLE66

MISERABLE66 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck those ugly ass dogs.

Get a german shepherd or a labrador.

17. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
  18. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You want a dog with a great temperament, get a beagle. You want a dog as smart as a teenager, get a poodle. Plenty of pure-breed dogs on Petfinder or at the rescue organizations.

19. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    beagles bark too damn much.

Every dog intelligence measure is subjective.

To a retriever a ball is like crack cocaine, if you throw a ball with a bulldog they will look at you like 'wtf?'

This doesnt indicate intelligence. Neither does the train-ability of a poodle.

Bulldogs (and 'fighting breeds' in general) are loyal almost to a fault. They dont care about the ball, they care about the owner.

Bulldogs are extra funny!

20. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    there are no "bad temperament" or bad personality dogs. just assholes who blame the dog for their own incompetence and personality defects.